IL-06: Casten vs. Newman? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:46:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-06: Casten vs. Newman? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-06: Casten vs. Newman?  (Read 5174 times)
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« on: October 30, 2021, 10:21:07 PM »

Rooting for Newman here, but Casten isn't like Cuellar level bad and there is a decent chance to get someone progressive elected in IL-03 so I won't be too disappointed either way. I will say that even if Newman is a Justice Democrat though, she isn't really all in with the Squad and doesn't tend to attract the same attention as them. She also seems to be pretty active in her district and with her constituents. I'm interested to see how this primary plays out.
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 02:25:22 PM »

Looks like Lipinski is considering hopping in too

Wow a potential Newman/Lipinski primary 3 cycles in a row, that's quite the feat. I'm surprised he's even considering running again since most congressmen don't have any issue finding good work and money after they leave office.
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 10:27:50 PM »

Honestly they're both basically the same and the race will be quite close, but I'm rooting for Casten.

Newman is definitely much more left-wing and progressive than Casten. They are a consistent party-line vote, but to say they are the same isn't really accurate. This isn't an AOC-Cuellar type primary, but Newman and Casten certainly have their differences.
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 05:18:31 PM »

Damn I really like Newman and given the few voices we have in Congress that is critical of Israel, she's been great. However, we shouldn't overlook corruption just because of ideological preferences, even if this kind of corruption is commonplace with Illinois Democrats.

Also, it's kind of funny to see Newman be the first Justice Democrat go down after how laser focused folks were on ousting Tlaib or Omar through a primary and/or redistricting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies