IL-06: Casten vs. Newman? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-06: Casten vs. Newman? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-06: Casten vs. Newman?  (Read 5169 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 24, 2022, 07:30:48 PM »

Unless she actually gets charged with something before the primary, this is nbd.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 11:43:07 AM »

Unless she actually gets charged with something before the primary, this is nbd.

Whether it turns out to be anything criminal or worthy of action from Congress, this basically ensures the endorsements in that district will be roughly 210-10. So that in and of itself is fairly significant.

Endorsements from other congressmen, especially those outside Chicagoland, are totally irrelevant.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 11:44:01 AM »

I wonder if Lipinski jumps in against Casten with Newman likely out of the way. My understanding is that this is a heavily Catholic district with lots of conservadems (I could be wrong though). If this is accurate, Lipinski could draw on a combination of his old voting base and using his Catholicism as a wedge against outspoken atheist Casten.

Marie Newman has been trying to get into Congress for years.  She's not going to drop out because of an ethics complaint.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 08:24:45 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2022, 08:28:45 PM by Green Line »

Newman won by 13 in a slightly more favorable district last year.  Whoever wins the primary is clearly favored but in a large wave it could fall.  Have to see how the summer/fall plays out.  The DuPage turf is relatively red-ish downballot still relative to Biden's #s, but thats countered by the fact that the R trending southwest burbs are traditionally more downballot D than the topline suggests.  If I had to guess by now, Newman by 5 over Pekau, Casten slightly less.  Provided Newman's ethics issues dont blow up, shes a better candidate here for the Dems.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 10:48:43 AM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-twist-in-dem-rep-marie-newmans-bribery-scandal-negotiating-anti-israel-positions

Wow, she really is dumber than I thought.  This is actually becoming comical.  Now it has come out that her anti-Israel positions were also negotiated in order to keep this guy out of the primary.  (He was never going to be a factor in the first place, so its hilarious she went to these lengths).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 12:15:03 PM »

He’s not running soo, probably not.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 12:37:28 PM »

Sean Casten's 17 year old daughter died on Monday.  RIP, so tragic.

https://news.yahoo.com/illinois-rep-sean-casten-announces-133623966.html

The campaign has pulled all its ads off the air for now.  Newman did the same shortly after.  Casten's most recent ad was actually narrated by his late daughter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies