Washingtonexaminer: Youngkin +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:22:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washingtonexaminer: Youngkin +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washingtonexaminer: Youngkin +4  (Read 1679 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: October 28, 2021, 08:08:50 PM »

I'll acknowledge that there does seem to be movement toward Youngkin (though exaggerated), even if this is just due to people with no expertise in education thinking they understand it better than education professionals. I'll move this to Lean D for now, and modify my prediction to McAuliffe +3.5, but I'll note that I did the same thing in 2017. I'll be mad if my prediction is off by the same amount again.

There's no expertise needed to understand covering up rape for ideological reasons.  That's the deciding factor here.  McAuliffe would still be narrowly ahead with just the debate comment.  Now it's a Vitter 2015 or Roy Moore 2017 style situation.

*There's no evidence McAuliffe was personally involved, but he made his entire campaign about how important it was to trust the school boards and then this dropped.   

What is the "this"?

Proof that the Loudoun County school board covered up a rape, then quietly transferred the rapist to another school where he was allowed to attend normally and sexually assaulted another girl.  Also, the rapist was a biological male wearing a skirt.

Youngkin is probably going to win Loudoun County now. 

I’m not sure how that means Youngkin will win Loudon…

People, even educated Northern Virginia suburbanites are still so stupid that I can't put it past them anymore to assume that somehow there is a zombie-like outbreak of trans teens raping their kids while in school. People buy that s*** these days. People like that need to be Thanos-snapped out of existence.

Lol. "If you dont vote Dem you are stupid!" Great closing pitch.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 12:54:42 PM »

I'll acknowledge that there does seem to be movement toward Youngkin (though exaggerated), even if this is just due to people with no expertise in education thinking they understand it better than education professionals. I'll move this to Lean D for now, and modify my prediction to McAuliffe +3.5, but I'll note that I did the same thing in 2017. I'll be mad if my prediction is off by the same amount again.

What are you even referring to here? This is quite a condescending way to dismiss just about anybody who has legitimate concerns with their kids' public education (which gets funded by their taxes).

No, I'm referring to parents who treat teachers with no respect whatsoever and think they understand better how education is supposed to work. In many countries, teaching is a respected profession, and both parents and students view teachers as hard-working professionals who do incredibly important work and are grateful. In this country, we're made into a punching bag far too often. While there are plenty of issues with academia in this country, people like to exaggerate the prevalence of these issues to make absurd strawmen to try and delegitimize education as a whole. Coming to school board meetings and stating concerns respectfully is fine, talking with teachers, as well as making suggestions is as well. That is not what is going on in many cases. Many at these meetings are anything but respectful and are not showing much understanding for what happens in the classroom. The fact that there are so many who think "CRT is taught to elementary school students" just shows the level of ignorance about education prevalent.

Also, the argument that "parents should have more say" is often made in bad faith. Parents do have say, and teachers are always encourage to and make direct effort to engage with parents. None of us are saying that parents shouldn't be part of their child's education, we simply don't think they should be calling all of the shots and deciding exactly how we do our job.

Blame the Tik Tok teachers for putting up viral videos about it.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 04:58:02 PM »

https://wset.com/amp/news/nation-world/documents-reveal-mcauliffe-pushed-virginia-schools-to-teach-critical-race-theory

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies