Washingtonexaminer: Youngkin +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washingtonexaminer: Youngkin +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washingtonexaminer: Youngkin +4  (Read 1680 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: October 29, 2021, 08:20:42 AM »

I'll acknowledge that there does seem to be movement toward Youngkin (though exaggerated), even if this is just due to people with no expertise in education thinking they understand it better than education professionals. I'll move this to Lean D for now, and modify my prediction to McAuliffe +3.5, but I'll note that I did the same thing in 2017. I'll be mad if my prediction is off by the same amount again.

What are you even referring to here? This is quite a condescending way to dismiss just about anybody who has legitimate concerns with their kids' public education (which gets funded by their taxes).
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 08:57:32 AM »

I'll acknowledge that there does seem to be movement toward Youngkin (though exaggerated), even if this is just due to people with no expertise in education thinking they understand it better than education professionals. I'll move this to Lean D for now, and modify my prediction to McAuliffe +3.5, but I'll note that I did the same thing in 2017. I'll be mad if my prediction is off by the same amount again.

What are you even referring to here? This is quite a condescending way to dismiss just about anybody who has legitimate concerns with their kids' public education (which gets funded by their taxes).

Eh, you're being VERY generous here. The issue at hand is not at all about "parents who have legitimate concerns with their kids public education" considering most of the issues talked about in this race (like CRT) are nonexistent and is all about the culture war. This all started because nutjob parents going to school board meetings wanted to ban masks, books, etc. These are not people in good faith.

If parents have that much of a "concern" about their kids education where they can't trust the teachers to teach, then put your kids in homeschool.

That's just like... you're opinion bro.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies