Trump should have won in '20 and COVID should have never happened.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:47:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump should have won in '20 and COVID should have never happened.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump should have won in '20 and COVID should have never happened.  (Read 1261 times)
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2021, 09:51:00 AM »

Joe is the first truly weak president I've seen in my lifetime.  I knew that going in too.  He wasn't good enough the first two times he ran and he was even older the third time.  He ran "the best campaign" only because the rest of that dopey field was HORRIBLE.

I'll never support the Gay Opposition Party, but they're going to convert a lot of people over to the Sith thanks to this nightmare of an administration.

Progressives need to start thinking if the Democratic Party is even worth supporting anymore.  It's so tied to weakness, to failure.  We weren't happy with Bubba.  Obama the Messiah disappointed us.  Jimmy Carter now looks good in comparison.

Meanwhile, the Republicans have chosen the worst policies in American history, and have in Trump an absolutely destructive and horrific nutjob of a man, but he's winning the long game... and all the left has done is react, without ever having any backbone.

When are we going to realize that these milquetoast moderates are not bringing the Fire?  Carter, Clinton, Obama, and Biden were all supposed to be the "safe" choices - and look what "safe" has gotten us - defeat, and defeat, and defeat, and defeat...

I don't want to hear any Blues on here talk about how Joe will make a stunning comeback in 2022, how COVID isn't going to last that much longer, or how 2024 will be a second term for Joe... it ain't happening.

Trump is the new Grover Cleveland and he will be the first President to win a second term after being defeated four years before - and two impeachments by Nancy Pelosi is actually going to make him look more Alpha, not less to his supporters, who are off the deep end now with Cheeto.

What a horrible mess.  This country has so much potential - all of the American people combined are among the world's brilliant, talented, and incredibly hard working - but our leaders are so god damn old and so awful in every single way.

It might do you some good to take a break from the 24-hour news cycle and social media. 
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2021, 04:21:30 PM »

Joe is the first truly weak president I've seen in my lifetime.  I knew that going in too.  He wasn't good enough the first two times he ran and he was even older the third time.  He ran "the best campaign" only because the rest of that dopey field was HORRIBLE.

I'll never support the Gay Opposition Party, but they're going to convert a lot of people over to the Sith thanks to this nightmare of an administration.

Progressives need to start thinking if the Democratic Party is even worth supporting anymore.  It's so tied to weakness, to failure.  We weren't happy with Bubba.  Obama the Messiah disappointed us.  Jimmy Carter now looks good in comparison.

Meanwhile, the Republicans have chosen the worst policies in American history, and have in Trump an absolutely destructive and horrific nutjob of a man, but he's winning the long game... and all the left has done is react, without ever having any backbone.

When are we going to realize that these milquetoast moderates are not bringing the Fire?  Carter, Clinton, Obama, and Biden were all supposed to be the "safe" choices - and look what "safe" has gotten us - defeat, and defeat, and defeat, and defeat...

I don't want to hear any Blues on here talk about how Joe will make a stunning comeback in 2022, how COVID isn't going to last that much longer, or how 2024 will be a second term for Joe... it ain't happening.

Trump is the new Grover Cleveland and he will be the first President to win a second term after being defeated four years before - and two impeachments by Nancy Pelosi is actually going to make him look more Alpha, not less to his supporters, who are off the deep end now with Cheeto.

What a horrible mess.  This country has so much potential - all of the American people combined are among the world's brilliant, talented, and incredibly hard working - but our leaders are so god damn old and so awful in every single way.

It might do you some good to take a break from the 24-hour news cycle and social media. 

That was all from word of mouth at where I go every day.  I don't have a TV and don't like social media.  This forum is where I get most links to other stories... and I've thought about completely quitting this forum, where I've spent 10 years and the last year I've had the most negative pushback in those 10 years... my views have certainly be challenged, and that's a good thing, but some of the hostility is just not something I want to have on me all the time.  Yet I keep coming back to this forum.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2021, 04:22:21 PM »

Why are you saying Covid should have never happened?

Because it is a Plague that haunts us to this day and needs to die a painful death.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2021, 04:23:43 PM »

Your inner monologue doesn't always need to be made into a thread. The only thing that I can give FreeRepublic credit for is how they've always titled rants and monologues as "Vanity".

Then shut down the ing site because that's all this forum is are meaningless rants that a week later mean nothing.

Only you and a few other people here think the USGD board is a place for off topic ranting that has nothing to do with specific current events.

Then why are you on this cockamamie thread if it bothers you so much that it's here?  huhhhh??!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »

Nobody likes watching the sausage being made. Once we get the result that now looks likely, we can be quite satisfied with the work Biden is doing.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2021, 05:01:49 PM »

Nobody likes watching the sausage being made. Once we get the result that now looks likely, we can be quite satisfied with the work Biden is doing.

Is it really more likely now than before?

I won't believe it until I hear Manchin and Sinema voting aye on the Senate floor.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »

Is it really more likely now than before?

I won't believe it until I hear Manchin and Sinema voting aye on the Senate floor.

I think it is more likely now than before and I won't really believe it until the vote is closed with Manchin and Sinema voting aye.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2021, 05:47:39 PM »

If the trade war started taking its toll by the Fall, he could have lost.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2021, 11:26:48 PM »

Because it is a Plague that haunts us to this day and needs to die a painful death.

Ok, it sounds like you're saying you wish it hadn't happened. Me too, but it was just bad luck. (Probably) nothing anyone could have done to stop it.

I don't get why you're pairing this thought with Trump should have been reelected.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2021, 02:17:09 AM »

Joe is the first truly weak president I've seen in my lifetime. 

You just watched the last president act as putin's submissive servant for the past four years
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2021, 02:21:22 AM »

You just watched the last president act as putin's submissive servant for the past four years
Biden is the one letting Russia build a pipeline, effectively giving them more leverage over Europe.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2021, 02:49:48 AM »

Biden is the one letting Russia build a pipeline, effectively giving them more leverage over Europe.

You're right, I forgot that Biden has the final word on whether or not oil pipelines get built or not in Europe.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2021, 03:49:46 AM »

Poorly worded on my part, i did not mean "morally weak" - just politically weakened.. he has his party technically in control of Congress and yet can barely get anything past the Two Obstructionist Democrats of Mansion and Sinema.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2021, 03:52:01 AM »

Ok, it sounds like you're saying you wish it hadn't happened. Me too, but it was just bad luck. (Probably) nothing anyone could have done to stop it.

I don't get why you're pairing this thought with Trump should have been reelected.

Because my point is that he would have been easily re-elected if there was no COVID for swing voters in Erie County, PA to blame him for.

I truly believe that it was COVID that made him lose because if you look at the other elements, he did surprisingly well and that indicates to me a re-election without COVID...

I also think yes that COVID could have been prevented... it's very possible that there's more to the story - that perhaps it was an deliberate attack on the human race and not just an accident.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2021, 06:03:14 AM »

The title should read:

"All Trump had to do to win in 2020 was shut up and let others manage COVID"

He was making progress on the economy, immigration, no military events etc.

Just needed proper management of the COVID response.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2021, 06:19:20 AM »

The title should read:

"All Trump had to do to win in 2020 was shut up and let others manage COVID"

He was making progress on the economy, immigration, no military events etc.

Just needed proper management of the COVID response.

And maybe the economy would have slowed enough by Fall on its own with his trade war. Let others handling COVID could have worked.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »

Because my point is that he would have been easily re-elected if there was no COVID for swing voters in Erie County, PA to blame him for.

I truly believe that it was COVID that made him lose because if you look at the other elements, he did surprisingly well and that indicates to me a re-election without COVID...

I also think yes that COVID could have been prevented... it's very possible that there's more to the story - that perhaps it was an deliberate attack on the human race and not just an accident.

Maybe he would have been reelected without it (we don't know) but he probably could have been reelected with it by handling it better.

It could have been prevented is speculation on your part. Most virologists and epidemiologists still think transmission through bats and/or pangolins is the most likely origin.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »

Maybe he would have been reelected without it (we don't know) but he probably could have been reelected with it by handling it better.

It could have been prevented is speculation on your part. Most virologists and epidemiologists still think transmission through bats and/or pangolins is the most likely origin.

Yeah it is speculation but i can certainly understand the leap to those kinds of thoughts... this whoole thing seems very weird, and the idea of this huge crackdown on society, especially in cities like Boston where containing COVID are a huge part of your daily life (I am in the hospital district), so there's this feeling that this is not going away and that the government is stepping in and really asserting its power over your freedoms.  Not saying I endorse any crazy conspiracy theories, but I can totally get the outrage over the mandates and the restrictiveness.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »

Poorly worded on my part, i did not mean "morally weak" - just politically weakened.. he has his party technically in control of Congress and yet can barely get anything past the Two Obstructionist Democrats of Mansion and Sinema.

Oh. Well in that case, I actually agree with you then.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2021, 10:38:25 PM »

Okay
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States