TX Gov: Bell with the money to compete?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX Gov: Bell with the money to compete?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX Gov: Bell with the money to compete?  (Read 2449 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2006, 12:36:59 PM »

I am having a hard time finding the link, when I do I'll post it. According the Bell for Governor website, he recieved a 1 Million Dollar campaign contribution from a trial lawyer, and another 4 million may be on the way. I just saw one of his ads aired on CNN and once again on my local fox network.

Does mean Bell can compete? Discuss.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:32:38 PM »

Nope. Too little, too late.

...also...Go Kinky!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 04:25:32 PM »

Bell will win on November 7.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2006, 05:33:14 PM by adam »

Keep dreaming Harry, I want Perry gone as bad as you do...but even I have thrown in the towel in this race. Roll Eyes
Deano963

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 05:52:08 PM »

I am having a hard time finding the link, when I do I'll post it. According the Bell for Governor website, he recieved a 1 Million Dollar campaign contribution from a trial lawyer, and another 4 million may be on the way. I just saw one of his ads aired on CNN and once again on my local fox network.

How does one trial lawyer donate $1 million? Are there no limits on personal campaign donations in Texas?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »

How does one trial lawyer donate $1 million? Are there no limits on personal campaign donations in Texas?

I'm not sure, I was curious myself.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 05:53:56 PM »

All the money in the world couldn't change Bell's image as a boring empty suit.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »

No, there aren't.  Amusingly, Bell has personally called in his campaign for limits to campaign contributions  in Texas, so make of that what you will...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 05:56:59 PM »

No, there aren't.  Amusingly, Bell has personally called in his campaign for limits to campaign contributions  in Texas, so make of that what you will...

It's not necessarily hypocritical, as if the rules were in place, his opponents would not be able to take very large contributions either.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »

It's not necessarily hypocritical, as if the rules were in place, his opponents would not be able to take very large contributions either.

I didn't call it hypocritical, I said make of it what you will.  I see that you have already done that.  Smiley

Bell's main problem is that he's a bad candidate.  Personally, I don't like him, having met him in person a few times, make of that what you will.  Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 06:06:22 PM »

I didn't call it hypocritical, I said make of it what you will.

There was no other reasonable implication, SamSpade [playful Roll Eyes]

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh I don't doubt that at all.
Deano963

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 06:35:02 PM »

That's insane! I thought pretty much all states had set reasonable limits a long time ago. And I thought the $10,000 limit in Ohio was too high.....
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 09:02:11 PM »

And I suppose he will be Fleming's vice president?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 09:51:36 AM »

Good one.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 09:32:46 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2006, 09:35:42 PM by Eraserhead »

LOL with Fleming right?