One week left, predict final Virginia margin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:55:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  One week left, predict final Virginia margin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: T-Mac v. Youngkin margin
T-Mac wins by 10+

T-Mac wins by 8-10

T-Mac wins by 4-7

T-Mac wins by 1-3

Tie (either candidate wins by less than 1)

Youngkin wins by 1-3

Youngkin wins by 4-7

Youngkin wins by 8-10

Youngkin wins by 10+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 166

Author Topic: One week left, predict final Virginia margin  (Read 5872 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2021, 12:20:38 PM »

McAuliffe +5
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2021, 01:11:12 PM »

Youngkin by 4
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2021, 06:24:15 PM »

I was adamant about McAuliffe+6 for the longest time, but the Youngkin surge is real sadly. That said, he can't seem to get beyond being tied with McAuliffe in polls, and rarely getting more than 48% of the vote. That suggests to me that he still won't win in the end, but it's not what McAuliffe should want to see in this homestretch of this election. He at least isn't taking the race for granted like Mark Warner did in a similar situation back in 2014. Also the Youngkin surge may be a self-fulfilling prophecy that causes his own defeat. Any unenthused Democrats taking note may now be more galvanized to vote for McAuliffe and company...at least I hope. That existential fear of Republicans might be all the Democratic Party has left, electorally.

So with all that in mind I am now settling on McAuliffe+4 (51-47).

A fairly subpar margin objectively, but also what might be the floor for Democrats in the state now. And if it does end up this way, in it being a polling over-performance, contrary to the media's narrative, the goal-post moving may actually make it look more impressive than it actually is in then end.

I also am still open to Non Swing Voter, wbrocks, and Xing being vindicated by a potential McAuliffe victory that is even bigger. I hope the polls are way off again like they've been suggesting, just like in 2017 and in the California recall. That would go a long way into giving me at least some shred of hope for 2022 and beyond for our country.

So much for settling!

I am now updating my prediction to Youngkin+2 (50-48).

I don't believe in God, but I am so filled with despair for our country that I am calling upon him, or any other deity that is listening, to please help us all...or put us out of our misery.
Duke of York

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2021, 06:35:13 PM »

Youngkin by 2
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2021, 06:43:31 PM »

McAuliffe+ 1
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2021, 06:52:17 PM »

Not going to go full-on doomer, but I think I underestimated how incompetent McAuliffe is and how much voters have turned on Democrats (for predictably shallow reasons, but the Democrats bear at least some of the blame for that.) Moving this to Lean D, maybe even Tilt, with McAuliffe winning by 3-3.5. Could be even worse than that if there’s a big ED surge in rural VA. Even if McAuliffe pulls this out, this is still humiliating, and Democrats need a serious game changer next year to avoid a mass extinction in November 2022.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2021, 06:53:35 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2021, 07:09:18 PM by jimmie »

Youngkin by 4 .

If he wins by less maybe ayala or herring could sneak by.

I'm not even entertaining or arguing the prospect of a tmac victory.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2021, 06:56:46 PM »

Youngkin by like +0.4 now.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2021, 07:00:49 PM »

Not going to go full-on doomer, but I think I underestimated how incompetent McAuliffe is and how much voters have turned on Democrats (for predictably shallow reasons, but the Democrats bear at least some of the blame for that.) Moving this to Lean D, maybe even Tilt, with McAuliffe winning by 3-3.5. Could be even worse than that if there’s a big ED surge in rural VA. Even if McAuliffe pulls this out, this is still humiliating, and Democrats need a serious game changer next year to avoid a mass extinction in November 2022.

Now I hope you at least understand why it was so annoying to see you be so confident/adamant about McAuliffe "inevitably" winning by "more than expected". Tongue I don’t think that confidence was at all warranted in this environment with this D candidate, but +3-3.5 is a reasonable prediction.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2021, 07:02:07 PM »

I was adamant about McAuliffe+6 for the longest time, but the Youngkin surge is real sadly. That said, he can't seem to get beyond being tied with McAuliffe in polls, and rarely getting more than 48% of the vote. That suggests to me that he still won't win in the end, but it's not what McAuliffe should want to see in this homestretch of this election. He at least isn't taking the race for granted like Mark Warner did in a similar situation back in 2014. Also the Youngkin surge may be a self-fulfilling prophecy that causes his own defeat. Any unenthused Democrats taking note may now be more galvanized to vote for McAuliffe and company...at least I hope. That existential fear of Republicans might be all the Democratic Party has left, electorally.

A fairly subpar margin objectively, but also what might be the floor for Democrats in the state now. And if it does end up this way, in it being a polling over-performance, contrary to the media's narrative, the goal-post moving may actually make it look more impressive than it actually is in then end.

I also am still open to Non Swing Voter, wbrocks, and Xing being vindicated by a potential McAuliffe victory that is even bigger. I hope the polls are way off again like they've been suggesting, just like in 2017 and in the California recall. That would go a long way into giving me at least some shred of hope for 2022 and beyond for our country.

So much for settling!

I don't believe in God, but I am so filled with despair for our country that I am calling upon him, or any other deity that is listening, to please help us all...or put us out of our misery.

Take a break man. McAuliffe is going to win and even if he doesn't, the VA gubernatorial election is not that important. The sun is still gonna rise on November 3rd regardless of what happens in VA.

I would take a break from Atlas until after the election if I were you.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2021, 07:04:29 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2021, 07:13:01 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

So much for settling!

Take a break man. McAuliffe is going to win and even if he doesn't, the VA gubernatorial election is not that important. The sun is still gonna rise on November 3rd regardless of what happens in VA.

I know, I'm a mess right now. I was actually already considering that after Virginia election no matter what happened. But yeah, I may just have to earlier now. It's been a rough month for me and bad political news is the last thing I really need on top of everything else that's happened to me this month.
Duke of York

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2021, 07:09:59 PM »

So much for settling!

I know, I'm a mess right now. I was actually already considering that after Virginia election no matter what happened. But yeah, I may just have to earlier now. It's been a rough month for me and bad political is the last thing I really need on top of everything else that's happened to me this month.
I will also be leaving all political forums effective at midnight November second if we lose this election.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2021, 07:14:20 PM »

I will also be leaving all political forums effective at midnight November second if we lose this election.

But November 2 of which year? Wink
Duke of York

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2021, 07:15:37 PM »

But November 2 of which year? Wink
This year
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2021, 07:16:31 PM »

McAuliffe+4
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2021, 07:16:34 PM »

Youngkin by 3
swf541

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2021, 07:21:02 PM »

mcauliffe +4-5
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2021, 07:22:57 PM »

Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2021, 07:23:17 PM »

T-Mac by 6
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2021, 07:46:50 PM »

this seems right right now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2021, 08:04:03 PM »

Now I hope you at least understand why it was so annoying to see you be so confident/adamant about McAuliffe "inevitably" winning by "more than expected". Tongue I don’t think that confidence was at all warranted in this environment with this D candidate, but +3-3.5 is a reasonable prediction.

I mean, I’m far from the only one or the most “confident” predictor. I think the dooming that a few posters are doing about how VA will now be a Safe R state is the most cringeworthy thing here.
Duke of York

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »

I very much hope your correct.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2021, 08:10:53 PM »

The people saying Youngkin will win are mostly trolling. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »

What would you say is a good benchmark for the early vote in Fairfax?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2021, 08:59:03 PM »

I think that T-Mac should be hitting at minimum 75%.  If he's getting 79% then he's probably coasting to victory.  If he's getting 75% he should be fine.  Anything below 70% and I think it will be a long night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies