Good guy with gun kills bad guy with gun in Nebraska, saves lives
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:31:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Good guy with gun kills bad guy with gun in Nebraska, saves lives
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good guy with gun kills bad guy with gun in Nebraska, saves lives  (Read 740 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2021, 06:42:31 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/employee-who-killed-gunman-likely-saved-lives-police-say/ar-AAPQonY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

THIS is why I will always support my right to carry a gun in this country. Wouldn't even care if the nation was as disarmed as Great Britain or something, but the simple fact is that you can't put the genie back in the bottle in a nation that literally has more guns than people. No matter WHAT you do. So I admire this man for his act of heroism and hope that, in the extremely unlikely and unfortunate event that anything remotely similar ever occurred in my workplace, I would respond similarly. I would MUCH rather be alive in a nation that has too many guns than dead in a nation trying to make an example out of my fate.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 06:47:43 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/employee-who-killed-gunman-likely-saved-lives-police-say/ar-AAPQonY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

THIS is why I will always support my right to carry a gun in this country. Wouldn't even care if the nation was as disarmed as Great Britain or something, but the simple fact is that you can't put the genie back in the bottle in a nation that literally has more guns than people. No matter WHAT you do. So I admire this man for his act of heroism and hope that, in the extremely unlikely and unfortunate event that anything remotely similar ever occurred in my workplace, I would respond similarly. I would MUCH rather be alive in a nation that has too many guns than dead in a nation trying to make an example out of my fate.

I align with Manchin of all people on gun control. I don’t think we should take away anyone’s guns but I think there should be red flag laws.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 07:09:34 PM »

There are tradeoffs either way. It all comes down to percentages.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 07:17:33 PM »

There are tradeoffs either way. It all comes down to percentages.

Fair enough.

I just know which side I'd rather come down on, especially in a state full of people unlikely to actually relinquish all their guns even if the government told them to do so.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »

THIS is why I will always support my right to carry a gun in this country. Wouldn't even care if the nation was as disarmed as Great Britain or something, but the simple fact is that you can't put the genie back in the bottle in a nation that literally has more guns than people.

"America is too great for small dreams." - Ronald Wilson Reagan
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »

THIS is why I will always support my right to carry a gun in this country. Wouldn't even care if the nation was as disarmed as Great Britain or something, but the simple fact is that you can't put the genie back in the bottle in a nation that literally has more guns than people.

LOL

Well I guess I ONCE AGAIN have to disagree with Ronnie and say that any dreams of actually getting rid of all or even most guns, or hell even remotely close to it, currently in the hands of US citizens is an absolutely insane fantasy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 12:39:49 AM »

Still waiting for someone to tell me how a good guy with a gun at the Route 91 festival might have stopped the bad guy with a gun spraying over a thousand rounds out of a 32nd floor window 500 yards away in the dark.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 09:08:42 AM »

Gun fetishists always trumpet the rare story of the legendary "good guy with a gun killing the bad guy" but their vacant eyes scroll past the 100 daily stories of the opposite - bad guys whose guns came into existence as legal, safe guns sold to allegedly law-abiding, responsible, patriotic citizens.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 09:17:27 AM »

LOL

Well I guess I ONCE AGAIN have to disagree with Ronnie and say that any dreams of actually getting rid of all or even most guns, or hell even remotely close to it, currently in the hands of US citizens is an absolutely insane fantasy.

This is true. Many gun owners would revolt before they would be willing to give up their weapons, and such a widespread confiscation would not happen in any case, so long as the Second Amendment is part of our Constitution. And given the partisan situation, the Second Amendment will never be repealed.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »

LOL

They are law abiding, responsible, and patriotic - until it's time to comply with the law taking away their prosthetic dicks, then it's time for gunning down cops and troops! Lol.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »

I'm so over the whole Gun Discourse - clearly nothing meaningful is ever happening on this front, and it acts as a distraction for Dems to focus away from more important and actionable issues - but surely even OP knows that one anecdote doesn't prove anything.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 11:54:27 AM »

LOL

They are law abiding, responsible, and patriotic - until it's time to comply with the law taking away their prosthetic dicks, then it's time for gunning down cops and troops! Lol.

You own a GUN?! Haha! You must have latent sexual urges that you've repressed! You must associate pulling the trigger with masturbating! You must associate mass shootings with ejaculation! I bet you like to stroke your long, hard shotgun barrel when you clean it, don't you? You probably experience homoerotic feelings when you go to gun shows! Do you like to polish your guns? Do you like to firmly grasp their cartridges while you violently inset them into the magazines? Does the recoil edge you closer to an orgasm? Wow, gun nut! You're clearly so obsessed with sex!
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 01:39:53 PM »

I would rather not have to rely on the luck involved in there being a good guy with a gun AND said good guy with a gun being able to win the standoff against the bad guy with a gun AND the bad guy not being able to kill other people in the process.

In this case, it appears that the 3rd condition was not even met, given that 2 innocent people died first as well.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 05:18:44 PM »

thank you dead0man for your heroic service.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2021, 05:21:32 PM »

This is the exception not the rule.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2021, 05:32:18 PM »

I'm not willing to have a single one of my enumerated Constitutional Rights infringed on.

I certainly believe that Americans are safer when a law-abiding citizen with a gun is in a store with them, or at a public place with them.  I certainly know that if I were in a store with you  and I were legally carrying concealed, you (presuming you are law abiding) will be safer because I am there.  I have no doubt that I am safer because there are other law-abiding citizens carrying concealed.

There is no reason for the government to take away the guns of law-abiding citizens.  None.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2021, 07:38:03 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2021, 07:45:00 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

That's nice and all (sort of, two people still died and the perpetrator also dying isn't going to bring them back), but where is this guy at every other mass shooting in open carry or conceal-carry permitting states? I still don't think this makes the risk of more people being armed worth it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2021, 07:44:11 PM »

The appropriate response to "two killed by madman with gun"  is not "great, this is how it's supposed to work".
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies