As someone who voted for Obama and against Biden, it’s clear Biden is the better president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 08:10:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  As someone who voted for Obama and against Biden, it’s clear Biden is the better president
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: As someone who voted for Obama and against Biden, it’s clear Biden is the better president  (Read 990 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2021, 01:13:31 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2021, 05:48:48 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

Obama was merely terrible and mildly tyrannical.

Biden on the other hand, is the worst president we’ve had since Jimmy Carter. This demagogue has zero redeeming qualities.
I was born in 86 and I would rank presidents in my lifetime as follows:

Trump
Clinton
Biden
Obama
Reagan
Bush 41
Bush 43

I was born after the 86 amnesty so Reagan isn't last by default.

May I ask, what is it about Trump that you think is so great? I'm just curious.
He’s not great. Every president in my lifetime has been poor. He’s just the least internationalist, and opposed free trade, immigration, and multilateral foreign policy - which are blights on the American worker imo.

The last good president was probably Ford.

Why do you think any internationalism is bad? A lot of problems are global and can only be solved in a global context with cooperation. Be it climate change, terrorism, migration streams, large companies avoiding taxes etc. It doesn't work without cooperation and agreements between nations. Nobody is sitting on an isolated island where the rest doesn't matter.

All of this is true, especially the latter part which I think a lot of opponents of globalization overlook, which Hungary and Ireland are refusing to do even though it would mitigate some of globalization's negative effects. And it's going to take international pressure to curb pollution in Asia, where it is highest.

I don't view internationalization as a left-right issue. I also think it's wrong to believe we can erase all borders and let domestic industry die while people in other countries work for fifty cents an hour. Trade works, but like any deal it only works if all parties play by the same rules and not manipulate the system to other countries' disadvantage. China is certainly not going to do so on its own.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

Concerning Afghanistan I’m actually going to defend Obama here. Pulling out before Bin Laden was dead would have resulted in a landslide defeat in 2012

Pulling out when ISIS controlled half of Iraq would not have been smart

There wasn’t any point on Obama’s presidency that an afghan withdrawal was possible, electorally or for security reasons

By 2020, Americans had stopped caring about Afghanistan and no major terror network currently poses a theart. Hence both Trump and Biden being able to discuss and ultimately withdraw 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »

Concerning Afghanistan I’m actually going to defend Obama here. Pulling out before Bin Laden was dead would have resulted in a landslide defeat in 2012

There wasn’t any point on Obama’s presidency that an afghan withdrawal was possible, electorally or for security reasons

By 2020, Americans had stopped caring about Afghanistan and no major terror network currently poses a theart. Hence both Trump and Biden being able to discuss and ultimately withdraw 

Biden has historically made some rather foolish policy approaches when it comes to foreign policy.

I think about his proposal to split the country in three and what that would have meant during the ISIS period.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2021, 04:34:08 PM »

Biden has historically made some rather foolish policy approaches when it comes to foreign policy.

I think about his proposal to split the country in three and what that would have meant during the ISIS period.
Biden never proposed dividing Iraq into three separate countries. He proposed dividing it into three autonomous zones which could make certain laws. There would still be shared national defense and sharing of oil revenue. Similar to what Bosnia or Indonesia have.

Regardless it’s a horrible idea that would inevitably result in ethnic cleansing, mass refugees and tensions that results in open war.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2021, 04:40:20 PM »

Obama was merely terrible and mildly tyrannical.

Biden on the other hand, is the worst president we’ve had since Jimmy Carter. This demagogue has zero redeeming qualities.

People said this about Obama.  I thought it was hyperbole.  It's true about Biden.  He combines the authoritarian impulses of Woodrow Wilson (with his own Attorney General Palmer to boot) with the feebleness and corruption of Warren Harding.

If his VP wasn't a blithering incompetent with a nervous laugh and the two (2) others next in line to succession in their eighties (Nancy Pelosi and Pat Leahy, 3 and 4 respectively) there would be a huge clamor for his resignation on grounds of incompetence.  What is frightening to so many of the American people is the utter lack of competence in the line of succession.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2021, 04:45:58 PM »

I prefer Biden to Obama, but I would vote against either. 

I certainly don't, simply because I believe that Biden is senile and not up to the job.  He has shown absolutely no degree of moderation when moderation was needed. 

It's clear that Biden never intended to be a "unifier" or a "healer".  His intention was to ram through the Leftist Agenda, regardless of public opposition to it.  He's made no efforts toward consensus (although the GOP is, admittedly, reaping what it had sown back in Obama's Administration).  There are Presidents I've liked and Presidents I've disliked, but our present President is America's Marshal Petain.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2021, 05:04:11 PM »

Biden never proposed dividing Iraq into three separate countries. He proposed dividing it into three autonomous zones which could make certain laws. There would still be shared national defense and sharing of oil revenue. Similar to what Bosnia or Indonesia have.

Regardless it’s a horrible idea that would inevitably result in ethnic cleansing, mass refugees and tensions that results in open war.

Yea that is what I was misremembering. Its also hilarious that his solution to correct for "post WWI mistakes" was more "post WWI" style nationalistic boundaries and the risk for cleansing/refugees that comes with that.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »

I prefer Biden to Obama, but I would vote against either. 

I certainly don't, simply because I believe that Biden is senile and not up to the job.  He has shown absolutely no degree of moderation when moderation was needed. 

It's clear that Biden never intended to be a "unifier" or a "healer".  His intention was to ram through the Leftist Agenda, regardless of public opposition to it.  He's made no efforts toward consensus (although the GOP is, admittedly, reaping what it had sown back in Obama's Administration).  There are Presidents I've liked and Presidents I've disliked, but our present President is America's Marshal Petain.

This would imply that you consider Biden to be the worst President in your lifetime, and I believe you've said as much elsewhere.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2021, 07:33:50 PM »

This author doesn't realize D's passed ACA I see Obama, and the Ds could have DC Statehood but Biden as Veeo td Obama not to get rid of Filibuster in 2009/ as Veep and Prez of The Senate , D's could of at any time passed Immigration reform or DC Statehood before 2011 during Obama admin and we had 59 seats, but just like Anita Hill when Biden pushed a floor vote on Clarence Thomas Biden rejected Filibustering Thomas and he rejected Filibuster reform for DC Statehood

Biden without VR will like have a Speaker McCarthy and a Man Leader Schumer in 2023

304 map can protect the S but Gerrymandering will be hard for D's to crack in H and it's all his fault, illegals crossing border, Biden thought that Covid will be over in July and he can get amnesty, it didn't happen that way
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2021, 08:36:03 PM »

Why do you think any internationalism is bad? A lot of problems are global and can only be solved in a global context with cooperation. Be it climate change, terrorism, migration streams, large companies avoiding taxes etc. It doesn't work without cooperation and agreements between nations. Nobody is sitting on an isolated island where the rest doesn't matter.
Honest response - I view a country as a family. I wouldn’t wish ill on anybody, but the needs and even wants of one’s country are paramount, and I don’t think said needs and wants for America are closely aligned with other countries. For example - the UK leaving the EU was terrible for the EU, but will benefit the US as it weakens the EU, the United States’ largest economic rival outside of China.

The United States, as it has the largest military, largest nuclear stockpile, reserve currency, and strongest economy operates as a virtual monopsony. So a bully pulpit is derived from this status. Becoming the leading partner in a coalition, or even worse one of many equal partners, weakens America’s leverage.

Sure , but in that case families need friends as well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2021, 07:14:56 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2021, 07:21:14 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Biden was Veep to Obama not the other way around and D's had a Supermajority that passed Obamacare and Obama phones

Biden will become great when Ds finally pass DC Statehood when we win WI, PA, MO, GA and OH Blue collar make Senators that can beat Walker, Johnson, Grietans, Mandela, and Parnell

Cross out Demings and Beasley McCrory and Rubio are mainstream enough to win as I suspected with McCrory already

It doesn't really matter about Biden Approvals, that matters only for Prez and we already lead in FL if a Prez  party had to be at 5o we won Cali in a Landslide and tied in VA

Trump was under 50% because he is right now an unindicted criminal, Biden has Reade and Hunter, but c'mon Biden can't be impeached for another person he only can be impeached for his own crimes, if he does get impeached it has no legal grounds and will get Acquitted in Senate easily

We lead 44(37 on GCB and you see Hassan is within 3 of SUNUNU at 33% a wave hasn't begun but it's a 50/50 chance that Ryan and Lucas Kunce which Kander almost won can win and 45% that Beasley and Demings win
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies