Does 2004 show that Dem panicking over the Rio Grande Valley is overblown?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:44:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Does 2004 show that Dem panicking over the Rio Grande Valley is overblown?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Does 2004 show that Dem panicking over the Rio Grande Valley is overblown?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Does 2004 show that Dem panicking over the Rio Grande Valley is overblown?  (Read 3225 times)
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2021, 12:43:39 AM »

It's too early to say. A big part of 2004 was Bush being from Texas and targeting Latinos in his campaign (as well as already being a good fit for them generally).

If I had to make a gun-to-head guess right now, I'd say we're likely to see a bounce-back in both RGV and South Florida in 2022 and 2024, but that Democrats are not going to reach their extreme 2016 margins again anytime soon. I also think that South Florida will probably remain overall relatively static as far as trending goes (there is only so Republican an urban area can get in this alignment), while South Texas will continue to move right (though it will retain at least a small Democratic lean for the foreseeable future, and the urban counties at the far south are definitely not flipping, though several rural ones might).
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2022, 06:39:36 PM »

No bounce back. TX-15th just elected it's first Republican.

Democrats say goodbye to the RGV soon - swing and trend map:

支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2022, 01:49:47 AM »

If I had to make a gun-to-head guess right now, I'd say we're likely to see a bounce-back in both RGV and South Florida in 2022 and 2024, but that Democrats are not going to reach their extreme 2016 margins again anytime soon. I also think that South Florida will probably remain overall relatively static as far as trending goes (there is only so Republican an urban area can get in this alignment), while South Texas will continue to move right (though it will retain at least a small Democratic lean for the foreseeable future, and the urban counties at the far south are definitely not flipping, though several rural ones might).

Lol

Obvious no both with and without hindsight, although Dems outperformed general expectations in the RGV this year.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2022, 09:59:40 AM »

Why would you be bragging about that trend map?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2022, 11:34:05 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2022, 12:58:52 PM by Skill and Chance »

Why would you be bragging about that trend map?

Yes, this election was scarier for Texas R's than it looked, while 2020 wasn't as scary as it looked.  Houston came through for Beto by a lot more than expected given the statewide margin.  If Dems ever crack 60% consistently in Harris (on a uniform swing, Beto would have in a tie), it's game over regardless of the RGV.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2022, 02:15:00 PM »

Lol

Obvious no both with and without hindsight, although Dems outperformed general expectations in the RGV this year.

Mistakes were made
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies