Will Biden get to appoint any Supreme Court justices during his Presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:17:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Biden get to appoint any Supreme Court justices during his Presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will he?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Will Biden get to appoint any Supreme Court justices during his Presidency?  (Read 1500 times)
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: October 16, 2021, 05:57:09 PM »

Nope. Breyer's ego is going to pull a Ginsburg and make certain his seat is stolen by MoscowMitch and the GOP.

There is no such thing as a "stolen seat." Justices are not entitled to hold the seat for someone of their ideological mould in perpetuity. They are, however, constitutionally entitled to hold the seat until their death or retirement, and the President entitled to choose their replacement with Senate approval, whoever that may be.

Did Chase "steal" his seat from Chief Justice Taney?

Agreed. There are no stolen seats, and no limits on how many justices constitute the SC. Norms are dead, and you just do WTF you want, nevermind the plaintive whines of the opposition.
R.P. McM

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 06:01:07 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2021, 06:11:51 PM by R.P. McM »

Breyer, like Ginsburg, is putting their ambition and power over the good of the country, so more than likely not.

Agreed. If you still trust the Democratic establishment, or this current generation of geriatrics, I can't help you. A bunch of worthless, self-infatuated narcissists. Maybe Breyer will prove me wrong, but I have no faith whatsoever. Not after the Ginsburg debacle. I still can't get over what a horrible person Ruth proved to be. I guess we're just lucky she wasn't born a white Christian male in the South, because then she would've been spitting on integrationists over the Woolworth's counter. She was a feminist because she was born a woman, full stop. And even then, she cared about others far less than herself.
R.P. McM

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 06:09:16 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2021, 07:08:25 AM by R.P. McM »

People who have dedicated their lives to a job like Beyer has for so long, don't know what to do with themselves if they leave it. Plus, as you get older it's harder to change. So combine the two and you have a situation where I don't think he will be able to retire. It's not in his vocabulary. What would he do with himself if he quit and had all that time on his hands?

Or, he could surprise us all and pass the mantle to a younger Judge deserving of the position. That would be nice.

He could take a visiting professorship at literally any legal faculty in the world.

He wouldn't feel important enough. Clown Ginsburg had the same problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies