People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:18:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)  (Read 2952 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 16, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »

You know we have a thread for all this and probably would have made Windjammer's comments slightly less problematic (location wise anyway) had he used it. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 08:30:15 PM »

Backtrack on this decision and your threats and let the trial go forward. That is the only way you will secure your future at this stage.

How can one thread lead to so many people making so many terrible statements. Now we have counter threats.

All in a courtroom.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:31:44 PM »

Quick somebody get Lumine, I want to see his story on this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:56:35 PM »

Instead you aided and abetted the defense in their delay of this trial, eventually threw up your hands and said you couldn't continue the trial because of a delay you helped bring forth, and then issued threats to those who disagreed. I fail to see how anyone can believe you will be impartial going forward.

If you consider a frantic and desperate search to find someone with a pulse capable of serving as defense attorney to be a "deliberate strategy", more power to you.

I think the same problem befell the Justice Department here as well, and led to the ultimate collapse of this case.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 09:10:25 PM »

Instead you aided and abetted the defense in their delay of this trial, eventually threw up your hands and said you couldn't continue the trial because of a delay you helped bring forth, and then issued threats to those who disagreed. I fail to see how anyone can believe you will be impartial going forward.

If you consider a frantic and desperate search to find someone with a pulse capable of serving as defense attorney to be a "deliberate strategy", more power to you.

I think the same problem befell the Justice Department here as well, and led to the ultimate collapse of this case.

Again, the previous case has absolutely no bearing on the present one, which was killed in the crib.

That is not what he said though. He said, "you aided and abetted the defense....".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:15:59 PM »

Can we just admit that the prosecution botched the case? The Court simply works with the evidence presented, and the initial proceedings were mishandled by the people in charge of the prosecution. You can't blame Windjammer or the Court for not ruling your way because you presented a weak case and didn't follow through.

This argument is just silly. Windjammer waited around for weeks before finding an attorney then selected possibly the worst option, and weeks after it was clear Tack wasn't going to further justify an objection. And he has now made threats against those who disagree. Windjammer has plenty of blood on his hands hewent AWOre for aiding and abetting the delay and showing he won't be impartial going forward.

tack's inactivity has never been good for the game. But it is ultimately why the proceedings didn't go forward. Why was the jury never objected to? tack had ample time to do so and went AWOL. That's part of the problem in this game. He was unprepared, likely didn't have all the evidence, and was mostly apathetic about the case in my honest opinion.

Now another person is handing the prosecution and getting as much information and testimonies as he can.

Tack's "Activity" on the other hand has done amazing things for the game particularly in Congress. It's just the process of that being eliminated when he is not that has been bad for the game.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 09:22:38 PM »

Bacon King raises and important point and one that I raised earlier on discord.

How do you conduct a judicial process, when you lack people willing and able to serve as defense/prosecuting attorneys?

Especially for criminal prosecutions, where a defense attorney is a constitutionally protected right. How do you make something come into existence out of thin air, when activity is low and the current population of players seems less legal focused then previous?

As I noted in previous periods, we did not have such extensive problems in this area of legal types years back even in periods of inactivity, with a game of 150 people and 100 to 120 voters and five regions to staff.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies