People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:49:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. LouisvilleThunder (version 2.0)  (Read 2871 times)
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2021, 12:25:47 AM »
« edited: October 16, 2021, 12:32:44 AM by Adams »

By the powers vested in me by President SevenEleven, I hereby charge citizen Louisville Thunder with the crime of Doxxing; under the provisions laid upon by the latest revision of the criminal code of Atlasia; as defined by the Real Life Protections Criminal Code Reform Act. These charges are being re-filed, as they were recently dismissed without prejudice due to a personal matter in State's counsel.

For your convenience and the convenience of the public, here is the definition of the charge being filed:

(n) Doxxing. This offense shall be defined as the disclosal of the personal information of any user of the Atlas Forum either obtained illegally or posted against their will by a citizen of Atlasia.

Similarly, for your convenience and the convenience of the public, here is a rundown of the rules regarding criminal prosecutions in Atlasia, as defined by Sections 4-6 of the Criminal Justice Act of 2016:

The Constitution of Atlasia also governs criminal trials as defined in Article I, Section 10

Quote from: Article I, Section 10 of the Constitution of Atlasia
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall have right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of their peers in the Region wherein the crime shall have been committed, to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation, to be confronted with the witnesses against him, to have a compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel in his defense.

Pursuant to the above, I thus request that the Supreme Court promptly assign a Justice to preside over this trial, empanel a jury of the defendant’s peers as legally required, and to propose a manner I may submit evidence and call witnesses so that the presiding Justice may determine its admissibility.

I have informed the defendant of the charges against him and of his right to legal counsel.

I thank the Court for its time and hope for an efficient and transparent trial.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 12:47:13 AM »

I am a filing a preliminary motion for this trial to be held in a neutral venue in the Lincoln region. The accused, LouisvilleThunder, is the governor of the Southern region, very well known, and is unlikely to face an impartial jury in his own region. The target of his actions, whose name will be withheld to protect their identity due to the personal information-revealing nature of the crime, was a resident of Frémont and jurors there may also be biased.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »

This has been seen.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 05:53:06 PM »

The supreme court has decided to dismiss it as granting certiorari would violate the fifth atlasian constitution:

Section 10.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall have right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of their peers in the Region wherein the crime shall have been committed, to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation, to be confronted with the witnesses against them, to have a compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in their favor, and to have the assistance of counsel in their defense.

we are over three months from the initial start of the first trial so it would violate Louisville's right of having a speedy trial.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 05:58:31 PM »

The trial took so long in part because LT and the court kicked the ball around for weeks with regards to appointing a defense attorney. This decision means that all crime is effectively legal, as a defendant can avoid certain conviction by refusing to answer the charges brought by the state. The entire game is inactive right now —this justification is frankly nonsensical.

This entire ordeal is a travesty of justice and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 06:04:10 PM »

time to make socks
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 06:08:07 PM »

The trial took so long in part because LT and the court kicked the ball around for weeks with regards to appointing a defense attorney. This decision means that all crime is effectively legal, as a defendant can avoid certain conviction by refusing to answer the charges brought by the state. The entire game is inactive right now —this justification is frankly nonsensical.

This entire ordeal is a travesty of justice and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.
The supreme court feels pretty good of itself thank you for your concern.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 06:09:45 PM »

I am sure you do, since your goal was to prevent a trial from ever happening. Congrats!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 06:15:38 PM »

I am sure you do, since your goal was to prevent a trial from ever happening. Congrats!

A trial did happen but I understand you are having problems with facts as you're trying to put the blame on me.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 06:25:50 PM »

The Court has willingly deserted its mission of enforcing the law of Atlasia and protecting its citizens. A majority of justices plainly showed a strong bias towards the accused and their actions in this and the first trial showed they did not want the trial to proceed at all despite the egregious and far-reaching nature of the charges.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 06:29:12 PM »

A trial did happen but I understand you are having problems with facts as you're trying to put the blame on me.

Don't worry, many people deserve blame. It is true that you never wanted a trial for political reasons and allowed many unethical actions to occur!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »

Don't worry, many people deserve blame. It is true that you never wanted a trial for political reasons and allowed many unethical actions to occur!

Yes this is true. I told you given the charges it was better that you handle it directly with the mods than with a fantasy trial. In the end, I didn't block it from happening.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »

Yes this is true. I told you given the charges it was better that you handle it directly with the mods than with a fantasy trial. In the end, I didn't block it from happening.

You have just blocked it from happening. You say it is because there was no "speedy trial," but you allowed the appointment of a defense attorney to drag on for weeks. Then you allowed a sitting justice to represent the defendant! Then you demanded justification for the dismissal of patrial jurors, contrary to convention. In no other court is a defendant allowed to just ignore the charges against him, then cite the resultant delay as a reason the case should be dismissed!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 06:46:11 PM »

You have just blocked it from happening. You say it is because there was no "speedy trial," but you allowed the appointment of a defense attorney to drag on for weeks. Then you allowed a sitting justice to represent the defendant! Then you demanded justification for the dismissal of patrial jurors, contrary to convention. In no other court is a defendant allowed to just ignore the charges against him, then cite the resultant delay as a reason the case should be dismissed!

So now it is a crime to ask the accusation why they want to dismiss some jurors?

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 06:48:49 PM »

So now it is a crime to ask the accusation why they want to dismiss some jurors?

It's certainly not a reason to let the accused get off scot-free!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 06:50:15 PM »

I call on the next administration to impeach Windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 07:21:44 PM »

For the record,
I just had a civil discussion with Truman and everything is settled. We're just disagreeing on it.

I do appreciate his bluntness and the fact that he has said all these things to my face.

To all the laborites who have been calling for my impeachment on an another channel behind my back. Just to tell you that I know your names.

I will certainly not beg for mercy after 8 years of loyal service to this party. I have saved this party countless times from destruction, . And to all these worthless and ingrateful laborites who are seeking my demise, my vengeance will be terrible.

I will screw up your career.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 07:28:10 PM »

I will confirm what Windjammer has said, that we have discussed the concerns I and others raised here, and while we have agreed to disagree on some legal and constitutional questions at play, I am satisfied he did not act maliciously and did what he felt was right and lawful. I have always admired and respected his candor in matters such as these, and that respect remains unchanged.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2021, 07:43:05 PM »

For the record,
I just had a civil discussion with Truman and everything is settled. We're just disagreeing on it.

I do appreciate his bluntness and the fact that he has said all these things to my face.

To all the laborites who have been calling for my impeachment on an another channel behind my back. Just to tell you that I know your names.

I will certainly not beg for mercy after 8 years of loyal service to this party. I have saved this party countless times from destruction, . And to all these worthless and ingrateful laborites who are seeking my demise, my vengeance will be terrible.

I'm not calling for your impeachment yet, but this display is clearly not one befitting the holder of one of the highest offices in the game. This is not the space to hammer out personal grievances against your perceived enemies. Whatever your logic was for this decision, it was a bad one and will do harm to this already-dying game in the long run.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 07:45:02 PM »

For the record,

I'm not calling for your impeachment yet, but this display is clearly not one befitting the holder of one of the highest offices in the game. Whatever your logic was for this decision, it was a bad one and will do harm to this already-dying game in the long run.

I have all of the loggs. You and some others have deliberately considered to impeach the supreme court because one court case didn't go your way. This display is clearly not one befitting a member of the senate!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2021, 07:49:37 PM »

This call for impeachment is not to necessarily say Windjammer has never done anything right. I suspect he voted in my favor in the recent Lincoln abortion case and appreciate that. However his actions here are egregious enough that I believe it is justifiable to impeach him.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2021, 07:49:53 PM »

For the record,

I'm not calling for your impeachment yet, but this display is clearly not one befitting the holder of one of the highest offices in the game. Whatever your logic was for this decision, it was a bad one and will do harm to this already-dying game in the long run.

I have all of the loggs. You and some others have deliberately considered to impeach the supreme court because one court case didn't go your way. This display is clearly not one befitting a member of the senate!

You realize that using the bench to threaten people because they disagreed with your crap decision is even more of an argument for impeachment than there was before, right?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 07:52:55 PM »

For the record,

You realize that using the bench to threaten people because they disagreed with your crap decision is even more of an argument for impeachment than there was before, right?

I have to concur with Crane. Threatening legislators and saying that one will “screw up” careers as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is, quite frankly, beyond the pale.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »

You know we have a thread for all this and probably would have made Windjammer's comments slightly less problematic (location wise anyway) had he used it. Tongue

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 07:55:52 PM »

I won't be using the bench to screw you. Don't worry for that.

Like both of you have been considering impeaching the supreme court because a decision didn't go your way, you don't think your behavior was acceptable either?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies