Can a man get pregnant (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:58:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can a man get pregnant (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think a man can get pregnant?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 147

Author Topic: Can a man get pregnant  (Read 12369 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: December 13, 2021, 11:17:41 PM »

This is the type of question where the vast majority of people alive today will simply never come around to the progressive answer.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »

Since there's a lot of conversation about the debate over what people are referring to when they say sex or gender, I'll repost my take on that whole argument.

I think ultimately all this confusion stems from a single disconnect between the social progressive side and, to be blunt, everyone else. That disconnect is that the social progressives and especially the liberal academics seem to believe that all this time people have been conflating sex and gender, and referring to sex when they really mean gender identity. In reality, I think most people are and always have referred to gender when they actually mean biological sex. For most people, words like woman or man are basically just shorthand for biological male and biological female. When we refer to the ladies' locker room, we're not referring to a place where people with a feminine gender expression go to change, we're referring to a place where people with the female anatomy go to change. The progressive seems to believe that when an average Joe signs up for the dating app and checks the "Interested in Women" box, they're looking for someone that adheres to societal expectations for women, when in reality they're just checking the box because they want to be matched with people that have the female anatomy.

I don't know that I articulated this very well, but it's a disconnect that I've been noticing for a while now. Even if the left succeeds in completely confusing the language surrounding gender and sex, I think people will just adapt and use different words because ultimately the general public is concerned with biological sex, not gender identity.

This was from a different topic, but I think it applies here as well.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 01:36:51 PM »

What an awesome thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies