Can a man get pregnant (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Can a man get pregnant (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think a man can get pregnant?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 147

Author Topic: Can a man get pregnant  (Read 12332 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 11, 2021, 08:51:08 PM »

Just so we're clear, nobody voting No actually believes trans people are the gender they say they are.
To be fair, I doubt any of the people voting yes actually believe that, either.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 08:26:40 PM »

What does it mean to be a woman or man? I have yet to hear an answer to this that did not fall back on gender stereotypes.
It's as the late, great poet J. R. Steinman once said: You'll never know what it means, but you'll know how it feels.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 09:37:06 PM »

What does it mean to be a woman or man? I have yet to hear an answer to this that did not fall back on gender stereotypes.
It's as the late, great poet J. R. Steinman once said: You'll never know what it means, but you'll know how it feels.
Really? Because I sure don’t.
Well, it's fairly simple. How do you know you're a man? (assuming you are one, of course--replace this with whatever your gender is if you're not)
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 10:47:27 PM »

Well, it's fairly simple. How do you know you're a man? (assuming you are one, of course--replace this with whatever your gender is if you're not)

I was told from a young age what my gender was by others, who determined it by what’s in my pants. I never saw any reason to disagree.
So if you had been assigned female at birth (like, ignore the obvious genetic fact that the person who would replace you in the AFAB Reckoning universe would most likely be a different person entirely because obviously it's not like the only difference between sperm cells from the same provider at a given moment is sex), do you think you would have taken the same path (i.e. grown up to become a cisgender woman)?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 11:20:12 PM »

I was told from a young age what my gender was by others, who determined it by what’s in my pants. I never saw any reason to disagree.
So if you had been assigned female at birth (like, ignore the obvious genetic fact that the person who would replace you in the AFAB Reckoning universe would most likely be a different person entirely because obviously it's not like the only difference between sperm cells from the same provider at a given moment is sex), do you think you would have taken the same path (i.e. grown up to become a cisgender woman)?
Honestly? It’s impossible to know for sure, but I personally don’t see why I wouldn’t grow up to be a cisgender women.

Fair enough. I don't know, I guess maybe most cis people just don't think that deeply about it.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 01:50:22 PM »

We aren't saying that trans men have penises or whatever. We're saying that categorizing whether someone is a man or a woman in social contexts based solely on whether they were born with ovaries or testicles hurts trans people and has no upside.
To be fair, it's a bold assumption that most people don't view hurting trans people as an upside.
This is just a proxy for "do you think trans people are the gender they identify as".
That's why "no" is winning by 30. Come on, do you seriously think there are more than 35% of people on this secular blog who genuinely think I am who I say I am?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 08:09:51 PM »

Are the millions of transgender people too burdensome to explain the necessity of a change?
Yes. Honestly, I need to learn to stop giving a sh**t that nobody will ever see me as a woman, because I'm sure as hell not going to change anyone's minds, or pass well enough to conceal my transness. Dreadnought quotes can only get me so far in life, and even so, how am I going to explain why I'm so hyperfixated on a book series with a trans protagonist in the case of the latter? Anyway, since this is the political debate board and my moping about my personal life doesn't count as debate:

Pretty much all pro trans people see the sex label as effectively a gender marker for all practical purposes and/or think that birth sex shouldn't be on id(at least without also having gender marked as a superannuation category.
Whatever, lady, my feelings don't care about facts.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 10:18:02 PM »

This is going to become a 20 page thread
"Can a man get pregnant" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 12:51:42 AM »

A much more interesting question to ask a cisgender person would not be what you proposed, but instead, “Could you start living as the opposite sex now without much trouble?” Like if they could use opposite sex pronouns, dress as the opposite sex, and present as the opposite sex. Because unlike your question, it’s much more possible and doesn’t rely on being in a totally different reality than ours. In my opinion, I still think I could, but I personally wouldn’t like it.
Okay, yeah, that makes sense. But that doesn't really take into account physical dysphoria, which I've suffered plenty from and was the point I was driving at re: "You'll never know what it means, but you'll know how it feels". Disco put it about as well as I could. While I don't feel most physical dysphoria about specific body parts now that I've been on hormones for three years, I do feel my genitalia to be a profane and alien growth. As for social fronts, I get a pain in my chest any time I hear someone call me "sir". Hell, sometimes even the knowledge that for every one person who thinks I'm a woman, there are a million who think otherwise is enough to send me spiraling.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 11:45:35 PM »

So 63% of this forum is transphobic? Really?
Honestly, that seems pretty low. I'm supposed to believe 37% of people genuinely believe I am who I say I am?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 06:35:48 PM »

no man has ever gotten pregnant or given birth and no man ever will. it’s a specifically and intrinsically female experience, and the most important and defining one at that.
I hope uterine transplants become a thing just to see if you react with the ideologically consistent "okay, trans women who get uterine transplants are women" or the more likely "b... but he wasn't born a woman! That's not his uterus!".
If the former, are trans people the gender they say they are without the need for affirming fertility apparatuses, provided they fail to bear children? It's fine if we're not, I just want to gather information about your views.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 10:56:38 PM »

no man has ever gotten pregnant or given birth and no man ever will. it’s a specifically and intrinsically female experience, and the most important and defining one at that.
I hope uterine transplants become a thing just to see if you react with the ideologically consistent "okay, trans women who get uterine transplants are women" or the more likely "b... but he wasn't born a woman! That's not his uterus!".
If the former, are trans people the gender they say they are without the need for affirming fertility apparatuses, provided they fail to bear children? It's fine if we're not, I just want to gather information about your views.

It's possible the argument comes from that if one has a child, they are 'surrendering' being male. Or, to put it in other terms, if one is truly transgender they wouldn't participate in cisgender things.
"Cisgender things"?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 10:19:58 AM »

It's possible the argument comes from that if one has a child, they are 'surrendering' being male. Or, to put it in other terms, if one is truly transgender they wouldn't participate in cisgender things.
"Cisgender things"?

Traditional gender things, like childbirth for women for instance.
I get that, it just seems like a weird way of putting it, because just about everything in a 99% cis world is a "cisgender thing".
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 12:46:41 PM »

"Cisgender things"?

Traditional gender things, like childbirth for women for instance.
I get that, it just seems like a weird way of putting it, because just about everything in a 99% cis world is a "cisgender thing".

All the more reason to discard "cisgender" as a term.
Okay, cisgender.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2022, 01:51:23 PM »

Question for the 65%: If this comes to pass, are transgender people still not the gender they say they are?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 05:38:38 PM »

This seems unethical, you shouldn’t be using science to change body functions that you were born into
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp

★★★★★

Re: Ex-GI Becomes Blonde Beauty
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 1952, 04:04:12 pm »

This seems unethical, you shouldn’t be using science to change body functions that you were born into

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies