Bernie Sanders refused to sign statement condemning sinema harassment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bernie Sanders refused to sign statement condemning sinema harassment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders refused to sign statement condemning sinema harassment  (Read 895 times)
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2021, 06:38:20 AM »

The President also pretty much refused to condemn this "harassment" (attempting to hold a public official accountable when she refuses to meet with her constituents) even though he said he disagreed with the tactics used. So...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2021, 09:27:30 AM »

Not a cool way to live down the entire Burnie Bros image, guy
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2021, 09:34:14 AM »

It would be deeply embarrassing for Bernie if he signed on to a deeply unserious statement.

The purpose of protest is to make the people in power uncomfortable. Can't take the heat? Then get out of politics and find a job you're actually fit for
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2021, 09:47:15 AM »

Is following a legislator into the toilet to berate them over views you don't like is the height of unserious political behavior. To call it counter productive is an understatement it's an understatement. You really think that's going to change her mind? You really think it might not help contribute to a  Narrative about democrats being controlled by the far left that only weaken our position in the senate after 22? Effing stupid on every level.
Roblox

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2021, 10:13:53 AM »

Lmao.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 12:49:10 PM »

The image manufactured by the Democratic Party in bad faith?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »

Good. This was harassment for sure, but signing a condemnation of it is giving Sinema a victory she doesn’t deserve. It feels weird arguing for the Bernie bros, but party unity is a two way street.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2021, 04:28:14 PM »

The image manufactured by the Democratic Party in bad faith?

Even IF so, this is not good.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2021, 05:25:17 PM »

Good. This was harassment for sure, but signing a condemnation of it is giving Sinema a victory she doesn’t deserve. It feels weird arguing for the Bernie bros, but party unity is a two way street.

Yup. After the primaries, it was time for the left to get behind Biden and now it’s time for the center to do the same.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2021, 05:29:13 PM »

Yup. After the primaries, it was time for the left to get behind Biden and now it’s time for the center to do the same.

I do find it hilarious that despite certain people (not naming names, but you know who they are) insisting that progressives are the Democrats' number one enemy, they've been the reliable votes for Biden's agenda while the fabled moderates have been doing everything they can to sabotage it
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2021, 09:43:16 PM »

If Bernie was a lesser man, he would be demanding a statement condemning BLM protesters trying to shut down his own rallies in 2015.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2021, 10:26:35 PM »

I agree with Bernie on this.

Sinema (and Manchin) deserve it.

I wonder how you'd feel if a Trump supporter was harassing Mitt Romney or Adam Kinzinger in the bathroom prior to an impeachment vote.  Please tell me what you would think of me getting in the face of Mitt Romney and Adam Kinzinger in a public mens room and haranguing them about being RINOs, voting for the nonsense impeachment of Trump, etc.  Please tell me if you apply the same standards of public conduct to all people, regardless of ideology or partisan leanings.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2021, 10:27:24 PM »

I wonder how you'd feel if a Trump supporter was harassing Mitt Romney or Adam Kinzinger in the bathroom prior to an impeachment vote.  Please tell me what you would think of me getting in the face of Mitt Romney and Adam Kinzinger in a public mens room and haranguing them about being RINOs, voting for the nonsense impeachment of Trump, etc.  Please tell me if you apply the same standards of public conduct to all people, regardless of ideology or partisan leanings.

Does your brain consist of anything but whataboutism?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2021, 10:37:06 PM »

Does your brain consist of anything but whataboutism?

When people advocate cornering people in a public restroom when it's THEIR favored side doing it, it's only right to ask if it would be OK the other way around.  Why shouldn't anyone with a minimum of integrity not be willing to defend their posture on an issue like this.

My own view on this is that, yes, I understand how frustrated people are in trying to get a message to their political representatives, especially Sinema, who is another case of an elected official failing to advance the causes of her core supporters in the last election.  I feel the same way right now about people like Bill "Third Way" Cassidy.  Those sentiments are overridden by the fact that (A) I would not wish to be treated that way and (B) it's the sort of thing that can go sideways fast with unintended consequences that would impact others not part of the argument.  So, no, that is not how you go about effecting change.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies