Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:14:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 89
Author Topic: Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)  (Read 149042 times)
BigSerg
7sergi9

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: October 30, 2022, 06:47:31 PM »

Lmao, lula despises generic liberals, most likely he doesn't care what nonsense a NATO servant has to say.
Lula is basically a generic liberal lol. His running mate is even a centrist.

That may be true in terms of domestic policies, but internationally he is definitely not a "generic liberal." He has never aligned himself with U.S. liberal interests and has continually positioned with China and Russia.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1751 on: October 30, 2022, 06:48:15 PM »

I'm so glad that there are several dozen posts in response to one of the forum's most dumb and boring posters. You really did own him with facts and logic, or whatever. I'm sure he learned his lesson and will be more reasonable in the future. Seriously, do you people ever learn?

Anyway, congratulations to Lula on the hard-fought victory.

Roasting right-wingers unable to cope with their election Ls is literally half the fun of left-wing election wins, I will not apologize for upholding such a crucial aspect of the very hard-fought victory you seek to congratulate! (This doesn't quote a DP post or engage with any infracted content, pls don't erase this comment, luv you Mods Purple heart)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1752 on: October 30, 2022, 06:53:59 PM »

Lmao, lula despises generic liberals, most likely he doesn't care what nonsense a NATO servant has to say.
Considering the growing wave of fascism around the world, Lula most definitely considers himself in the same camp as Biden, Trudeau, and Macron. Vs Trump, Bolso, Netanyahu, Putin and Xi
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1753 on: October 30, 2022, 06:57:23 PM »

Considering the growing wave of fascism around the world, Lula most definitely considers himself in the same camp as Biden, Trudeau, and Macron. Vs Trump, Bolso, Netanyahu, Putin and Xi

Lol, dude since the war started he has been saying that Ukraine is to blame for the war.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1754 on: October 30, 2022, 06:59:09 PM »

Lula is now giving his victory speech.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1755 on: October 30, 2022, 06:59:50 PM »

I cannot mourn for Bolsonaro, who proved himself to be ineffective and/or stupid during most of his time in office. None of Brazil's many problems will be solved in the very near future.

The Bolsonarists should seek a stronger man for the next contest; unlike in the United States, such an alternative may exist. I don't know enough to say. More likely, the narrow result will result in his eventual return to office (assuming he actually leaves).
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1756 on: October 30, 2022, 07:00:42 PM »

"I always thought that God was very generous to me, to leave where I left and get where I got to. Especially at this moment, when we are not facing a candidate, we are facing the state machine placed at the service of the candidate in the situation."

"I consider that I had a process of resurrection in Brazilian politics. They tried to bury me alive, and now I'm here to rule the country. In a very difficult situation, but I am sure that with the help of the people we will find a way out and restore peace."

"We have reached the end of one of the most important elections in our history. An election that put two opposing projects of country face to face, and that today has a single and great winner: the Brazilian people."

"This is not a victory for me, nor for the PT, nor for the parties that supported me in this campaign. It is the victory of an immense democratic movement that was formed, above political parties, personal interests and ideologies, so that democracy would win."

"On this historic 30th of October, the majority of the Brazilian people made it very clear that they want more – not less – democracy."
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1757 on: October 30, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »

Lol, dude since the war started he has been saying that Ukraine is to blame for the war.

This is false: he's "only" been both-sides'ing Z & NATO since Day 1, but that's compared to Bolsonaro, who literally visited Putin a week before the invasion that he then refused to condemn.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1758 on: October 30, 2022, 07:02:56 PM »

Congrats from other Latin American leaders coming thick and fast:

Just for what it's worth:
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1759 on: October 30, 2022, 07:05:49 PM »

He's still going. This part stood out to me as familiar...

"It is necessary to rebuild the very soul of this country. Recover generosity, solidarity, respect for differences and love for others. Bring back the joy of being Brazilians, and the pride we always had in the green-yellow and in the flag of our country."
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1760 on: October 30, 2022, 07:06:20 PM »

"I always thought that God was very generous to me, to leave where I left and get where I got to. Especially at this moment, when we are not facing a candidate, we are facing the state machine placed at the service of the candidate in the situation."

"I consider that I had a process of resurrection in Brazilian politics. They tried to bury me alive, and now I'm here to rule the country. In a very difficult situation, but I am sure that with the help of the people we will find a way out and restore peace."

"We have reached the end of one of the most important elections in our history. An election that put two opposing projects of country face to face, and that today has a single and great winner: the Brazilian people."

"This is not a victory for me, nor for the PT, nor for the parties that supported me in this campaign. It is the victory of an immense democratic movement that was formed, above political parties, personal interests and ideologies, so that democracy would win."

"On this historic 30th of October, the majority of the Brazilian people made it very clear that they want more – not less – democracy."

The Brazilian people are truly fortunate to have such a dedicated public servant and friend of the working people leading them. Many countries could only dream of a leader of his caliber.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1761 on: October 30, 2022, 07:08:48 PM »

The Brazilian people are truly fortunate to have such a dedicated public servant and friend of the working people leading them. Many countries could only dream of a leader of his caliber.
As Gustavo Petro said - Viva Lula.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1762 on: October 30, 2022, 07:15:28 PM »

King sh**t
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1763 on: October 30, 2022, 07:16:32 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2022, 07:28:17 PM by Real Populism Has Never Been Tried »

What strikes me as the most interesting thing is that Lula only flipped one state despite it swinging by 12 points.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1764 on: October 30, 2022, 07:18:31 PM »

He finishes his speech by thanking everyone, kisses his wife, and then holds the national flag before the crowd.
Viva Lula!!
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #1765 on: October 30, 2022, 07:19:25 PM »

I completely forgot this was today, and what a nice gift it is. God protect the President-Elect, and may his humility and perseverance allow him to take Brazil into a brighter future.
DL
Canada

« Reply #1766 on: October 30, 2022, 07:20:44 PM »

That may be true in terms of domestic policies, but internationally he is definitely not a "generic liberal." He has never aligned himself with U.S. liberal interests and has continually positioned with China and Russia.

Umm… isn’t Bolsonaro the one who is friends with Putin and is part of the pro-Russia block along with Orban and Trump etc
Duke of York

« Reply #1767 on: October 30, 2022, 07:21:01 PM »

what a truly wonderful man Brazil has chosen as its new president. Every country should have a leader like this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1768 on: October 30, 2022, 07:22:00 PM »

What strikes me as the most interesting thing is that Lula only flipped one state and despite it swinging by 12 points.

Brazilian geographic polarization makes the US look like a normal country.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1769 on: October 30, 2022, 07:23:22 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1770 on: October 30, 2022, 07:25:09 PM »

Umm… isn’t Bolsonaro the one who is friends with Putin and is part of the pro-Russia block along with Orban and Trump etc

https://www.reuters.com/world/lula-or-bolsonaro-putin-says-he-has-good-relations-with-both-2022-10-28/

Somewhat off-topic but this line made me LOL:

"We do not interfere in domestic political processes – this is the most important thing," Putin added.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1771 on: October 30, 2022, 07:26:58 PM »

omar04

« Reply #1772 on: October 30, 2022, 07:27:25 PM »

King sh**t

patriots in control 😎😎
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1773 on: October 30, 2022, 07:30:37 PM »

I can't express how delighted I am. It was closer than I had expected but today I was honestly thinking we were going to lose. But at the end Bolsonaro lost even while rigging the election in his favor. Glorious stuff! Now I can go to Brazil again after 4 years and visit my grandparents, finally!
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1774 on: October 30, 2022, 07:31:22 PM »

Why did Bolsonaro win Rio De Janiero?? I thought that was a fairly left-wing city
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies