Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:02:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 89
Author Topic: Brazilian presidential and general elections 2022 (1st round: October 2nd, 2nd round: October 30th)  (Read 145629 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 27, 2022, 09:29:02 PM »

TV star Xuxa endorsed Lula
Few months ago, she opposed both PT and Bolsonaro. But the election is coming and she considers Bolsonaro the worst one

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #576 on: September 27, 2022, 09:52:20 PM »

From the Blonde famous Brazilian TV presenters who were absurdly big especially in the 90s, Xuxa is politically my favorite while also being the one with most famous past.

Xuxa Meneghel - Endorsed Lula publicly. Was by far the most famous of the three, having some international projection Queen of the Kids but now is more like the Queen of the Gays with her defense of social progressive agenda lol

Angélica Ksyvickis - Said the decision is very hard for her. She’s married to Luciano Huck so she screams to me like a PSDB type who dislikes Bolsonaro but cannot bring herself to go for Lula. Will likely nullify her vote or go for a third party candidate.

Eliana Michaelichen - Hinted identifying more with the right on Instagram and based on the vibes she gives, I think she’s voting for Bolsonaro again.

buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #577 on: September 27, 2022, 10:17:49 PM »

Angélica endorsed Lula too.
She just tweeted some minutes ago
https://twitter.com/angelicaksy/status/1574953191711510528
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #578 on: September 27, 2022, 10:21:26 PM »

LMAOO I bet she felt the pressure to do it after people started commenting about her after Xuxa did her public endorsement.

Glad that she jumped out of neutrality though because she had said the decision was hard for her and is likely a (reasonable, I guess) PSDB-leaning voter

So Xuxa and Angélica with Lula and Eliana with Bolsonaro…
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #579 on: September 28, 2022, 03:44:46 PM »

I decided my votes.

Federal Representative: Chico Alencar 5050
State Representative: Renata Souza 50007
Senator of Rio de Janeiro: Alessandro Molon 400
Governor of Rio de Janeiro: Marcelo Freixo 40
President: Lula 13
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #580 on: September 28, 2022, 06:25:03 PM »

I decided my votes.

Do you think Molon has a chance? I expected him to be quite irrelevant once Freixo and Lula started campaigning alongside Feliciano. Why hasn't that happened?
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #581 on: September 28, 2022, 07:13:54 PM »

I decided my votes.

Do you think Molon has a chance? I expected him to be quite irrelevant once Freixo and Lula started campaigning alongside Feliciano. Why hasn't that happened?

Not even Freixo benefits that much with the Lula association.

The voters PT are trying to cater to with Ceciliano will vote for Romário anyway. I bet Lula-Castro-Romário won’t be a small thing in Rio.

Even if the Left wasn’t divided between Molon and Ceciliano, they would struggle against Romário. The fact it IS divided just made it completely irrelevant to be concerned about the senator vote and takes away campaign energy from potential voters.

Lula likely wins in Rio but that will be the only decent thing from here. Castro will be Governor and Romario is even more locked for Senator.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #582 on: September 28, 2022, 07:17:32 PM »

My votes:

Federal Representative: Heloísa Helena (REDE) 1818
State Representative: Martha Rocha (PDT) 12040
Senator of Rio de Janeiro: Alessandro Molon (PSB) 400
Governor of Rio de Janeiro: Marcelo Freixo (PSB) 40
President: Lula (PT) 13

Decided to go for Freixo anyway to not split the vote but it’s useless. Even in a 2nd round he cannot win against Castro, unless there’s a major scandal released during campaign.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #583 on: September 28, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »

I decided my votes.

Ceciliano was the president of the Legislative Assembly of the state of Rio de Janeiro. Even though, only people from Baixada and people who follow local politics know him. Ceciliano would have any chance only if he was the unique candidate of the left. That's why PT tried to convince PSB not have Molon as a candidate for the senate.
It's very hard for Molon to beat Romário, but he has some chances. Ceciliano voters could give Molon the tactical vote. And many actual results of elections for the senate are very different of the results predicted by the polls. Many people decide their candidate for president some months before, the candidate for governor in the last week and the candidate for senator at the line of the vote precint.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #584 on: September 29, 2022, 02:17:49 AM »

LoL I wrote Feliciano but ofc I was meaning Cecilia no. Huge difference 😂

I can only vote for President but this is how I'd vote if I lived in Minas:

Dép. Estadual: probably Jo Morales (PCdoB), maybe just PT.
Dép. Federal: leaning Duda Salabert (PDT) but could be Patrus (PT) if Duda suddenly becomes "cirista" in the final days and attacks PT or whatever.
Senador: Alexandre Silveira (PSD) - voto útil.
Governador: Kalil (PSD) some time ago just because he was the only viable candidate but now I actually appreciate him.
Presidente: LULA (PT) 13 and it's been clear since the very moment he was released from prison.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #585 on: September 29, 2022, 03:16:51 PM »

Since we’re talking about celebrities votes, Neymar posted a video showing he will vote for Bolsonaro.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #586 on: September 29, 2022, 03:21:02 PM »

Online rumors are saying that the DATAFOLHA poll that will be out later today has been leaked.

Lula 49% (+2)
Bolsonaro 32% (-1)
Tebet 6% (+1)
Ciro 4% (-3)

Let’s wait a bit more if this leak confirms itself. But considering it’s not even valid votes, shows easy victory on 1st round for Lula with around 52%-53% I am guessing.
wildviper121
Rookie
United States

« Reply #587 on: September 29, 2022, 03:52:58 PM »

I made a video on the election in case anybody needs an intro:

Pivaru
Rookie
Brazil

P P

« Reply #588 on: September 29, 2022, 04:08:28 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 04:14:53 PM by Pivaru »

Online rumors are saying that the DATAFOLHA poll that will be out later today has been leaked.

Lula 49% (+2)
Bolsonaro 32% (-1)
Tebet 6% (+1)
Ciro 4% (-3)

Let’s wait a bit more if this leak confirms itself. But considering it’s not even valid votes, shows easy victory on 1st round for Lula with around 52%-53% I am guessing.

Valid votes:
Lula - 50%
Bolsonaro - 36%
Ciro - 6%
Tebet - 5%
Thronicke - 1%

Total votes:
Lula - 48%
Bolsonaro - 34%
Ciro - 6%
Tebet - 5%
Thronicke - 1%
Blank/Null - 3%
Don't know - 2%

2nd round:
Lula - 54%
Bolsonaro - 39%
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #589 on: September 29, 2022, 04:32:45 PM »

Thanks! It ended up being fake after all, but still mostly positive for Lula.

Basically both Lula and Bolsonaro grew 1 point while Ciro decreased 1 point. It will be really close to 50% in the end!
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2022, 05:02:53 PM »

Lula's 1st round victory seems to be dependent on turnout and the number of spoiled ballots. Last time, almost 9% were invalid. Still, a long way from the massive invalid votes in the 90's, almost 20%.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #591 on: September 29, 2022, 06:21:43 PM »

I presume it's harder for Bolsanaro to try his coup if there's no runoff?
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #592 on: September 29, 2022, 08:39:15 PM »

I presume it's harder for Bolsanaro to try his coup if there's no runoff?

He can make radical speeches to his cattle, but he won't be sucessful in any coup attempt. But of course, if he looses in the 1st round, he would be more alone in the attempt to claim voter's fraud, since he would have lost in the same day many right-wing governors, senators and representatives will be elected.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #593 on: September 29, 2022, 08:40:20 PM »

Last debate started now

buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #594 on: September 29, 2022, 09:58:44 PM »

Datafolha states today

President - total
São Paulo: Lula 42%, Bolsonaro 35%, Tebet 9%, Ciro 6%
Rio de Janeiro: Lula 42%, Bolsonaro 37%, Ciro 6%, Ciro 5%
Minas Gerais: Lula 47%, Bolsonaro 33%, Ciro 6%, Tebet 5%

Governor - valid vote
São Paulo: Haddad (PT) 41%, Tarcísio (Rep) 31%, Garcia (PSDB) 22%
Rio de Janeiro: Castro (PL) 44%, Freixo (PSB) 31%
Minas Gerais: Zema (Novo) 57%, Khalil (PSD) 34%

Senator - valid vote
São Paulo: Marcio França 47%, astronauta Marcos Pontes 30%
Rio de Janeiro: Romário 37%, Molon 18%, Clarissa Garotinho 16%
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #595 on: September 30, 2022, 02:37:23 AM »

I’m glad this wasn’t covered here because anything with the presence of that fake priest Kelmon guy is an utter embarrassment bigger than Bolsonaro. Anything with his presence looks like a comedy sketch joke.

We do not deserve to hear these people. I know dumb electoral law obligated inviting even these irrelevant candidates who don’t even reach 0,5% if their party has seats in congress but a serious 1st round debate would NEVER invite more than five people. Invite only people who have at least 2% or 3% on the IPEC / Datafolha polls for Christ sake and limit it to a maximum of 5 people there to save time and give more time for the relevant candidates to talk.

That this one had seven and one of them was that Kelmo guy constantly disrespecting rules and not letting others talk in order to campaign for ANOTHER candidate (Bolsonaro) makes it impossible for any person to take this debate as serious conversations and proposals for the country. People watched it for the drama and to see the Priest be a mess and the moderator lecture Priest Kelmo for not following the debates rules.

Band debate, the 1st one, was the only somewhat serious one because the fake priest wasn’t present there.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #596 on: September 30, 2022, 03:16:23 PM »

The debate was horrible. People who went sleep before the end didn't loose anything important.
Some important issues were discussed only by Lula, Ciro Gomes and Simone Tebet.
The fake orthodox catholic priest and Filipe d'Ávila, the Novo candidate, did no more than act as a supporting role for Bolsonaro.
Soraia is funny and she said interesting sentences for memes, but she doesn't have any proposal besides unifiing all the taxes on consumption into a single VA tax.
Considering that Lula didn't have anyone to perform a supporting role for him, I think he did well. Better than he did in the first debate.

In the first debate, at Bandeirantes, the priest was not the PTB candidate yet. The PTB candidate was Roberto Jefferson, but the justice didn't allow him to become candidate, due to sentences in the past.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #597 on: September 30, 2022, 03:17:33 PM »

We are getting closer.
The next Ipec and Datafolha are the last polls of the 1st round. They will be published tomorrow evening.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #598 on: September 30, 2022, 07:34:48 PM »

This is the voting machine used since 1996. There were few external changes from 1996 to 2020. They became lighter and the flopy disk became smaller.

This is the new voting machine, which will be used in some precints in 2022. The shape changes a lot. And the keybord in which the poll worker the number of the voter's ID so that she/he can vote is touch screen now.

buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #599 on: September 30, 2022, 07:49:45 PM »

Some history

The paper ballot of the 1955 presidential election, the first to have a single paper ballot. In the elections before, there were no ballots with the names of all candidates and the squares to mark an X. The voters needed to collect a ballot with the name of his/her candidate from the campaign comittee and put this ballot in the poll.
In the first democratic period (1945-1964), people casted votes for president and vice president. Their elections were independent.

The other image is the paper ballot of the 1989 presidential election, the first after the end of the military dictatorship. This election had the biggest number of candidates of the history of Brazilian elections.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies