[Conservatives/Republicans Only} Are the police the enemy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:36:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  [Conservatives/Republicans Only} Are the police the enemy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well, does ACAB apply or not?
Yes, ACAB

No, BLM(Blue Lives Matter)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: [Conservatives/Republicans Only} Are the police the enemy?  (Read 855 times)
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2021, 11:19:35 AM »

See the poll.
Leroy McPherson fan
Leroymcphersonfan
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 12:46:56 AM »

I stand with Local Police.

The Capitol Police on the other hand should be defunded.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 01:32:32 AM »

Dinesh D'Souza looks like the kind of guy who enjoys putting hamsters down his garbage disposal.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »

Dinesh D'Souza looks like the kind of guy who enjoys putting hamsters down his garbage disposal.
You know, there are people who actually like D'Souza's content out there, some posting on atlas. Scary isn't it?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »

Yeah, the Capitol Police stopping the riot and potential insurrection you and your type caused -the cost being them getting seriously or permanently injured, and one even dying - is terrible, just terrible. We should defend the Capitol police so if something like January 6 happens once again, it actually succeeds.

Are you crazy?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 05:59:34 PM »

We cannot judge cops for the evils of a few, just like we can't judge doctors or teachers for the evils of a few people of their occupation. We need the police in order to protect us from crime and prevent our society from spiraling down into a lawless wasteland. However, we also shouldn't be police bootlickers. There are bad cops out there who deserved to be denounced, but they aren't the majority, let alone that all cops are bad
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 06:07:00 PM »

We cannot judge cops for the evils of a few, just like we can't judge doctors or teachers for the evils of a few people of their occupation. We need the police in order to protect us from crime and prevent our society from spiraling down into a lawless wasteland. However, we also shouldn't be police bootlickers. There are bad cops out there who deserved to be denounced, but they aren't the majority, let alone that all cops are bad
It is fair to say that policing is not particularly 'evil' and in fact it's a vital duty that is essential to the welfare of us all. It's also the case that police are simply human, and so they will make mistakes and continue to make mistakes.
As it is, expecting perfection is ridicolous, and so is demanding nothing - as public pressure can be important for maintaining professionalism. Policing is merely an occupation, a public service comparable to firefighting and ambulance driving.
Some form of law enforcement is absolutely necessary in a civil society.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 06:20:49 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2021, 06:36:37 PM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

Not voting in the poll because I identify as center-left, but I believe that ACAB is clownish because it applies collective blame for every bad thing a cop does onto each and every cop in America (ignorant, I know), while completely ignoring the good things cops do each and every day (doubly unfair). That's not fairness of any stripe, it's just hackery of the type that they also dish out against landlords and others they have identified as "ideological enemies". Exactly the kind of mindset that spells disaster if put in practice; we've seen very casual disdain for law enforcement from a few select actual politicians, such as the nominated D candidate for Seattle City Attorney.
Charity is in short supply from many in this day and age.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 08:18:38 PM »

As a progressive, I don't think it should be controversial to say that the police are good and necessary for keeping us safe. 'Blue' lives matter just as nobody should be killed. I don't see any problem with saying Black Lives Matter though, it is a real problem that minority groups are treated unfairly and disproportionately targeted by police. The police need to be reformed and kept on a tight leash so that they don't abuse their power over the people they are there to protect.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies