2012 Election Game-McCain victory, A NewYorkExpress and GoTfan election game (Signup thread). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:59:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game-McCain victory, A NewYorkExpress and GoTfan election game (Signup thread). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game-McCain victory, A NewYorkExpress and GoTfan election game (Signup thread).  (Read 2052 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« on: October 04, 2021, 08:41:55 PM »

Democrat Trump or Senator Sanders
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »

I'm inclined to grant Sanders right now, if only because I believe Trump's few political views would be more conducive to running as a Republican.

I’ll take Sanders then
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 11:15:48 AM »

Have an endorsement question
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:23:45 PM »

Feel the Bern 2012

theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/11/bernie-sanders-drones-counter-terror

Montpelier, Vermont
Big news out of Montpelier today, as independent Senator Bernie Sanders announced his campaign for the democratic nomination for President of the United States. The 70 year old senator took to the podium to announce his campaign. With a campaign headquarters opening in Burlington, Vermont and campaign manager David Plouffe. Sanders gave an impassioned speech about why he’s running, as well as calling his campaign a “political revolution”.

Excerpt from Senator Sanders’ speech
Hello. My fellow Citizens of Vermont. And my fellow Americans. I’m here today to announce that… I’m running for President! *crowd cheers*. Honestly, I never imagined I’d be up here saying this. But. Many people from Vermont have come to me. They say to me “Bernie” they say “look. Look around. Millions of Americans not being able to afford healthcare. Millions of young Americans struggling getting into college. Someone needs to do something.” And they’re right. Someone does. I’ve represented Vermont in many ways. But it’s not enough. It’s not! And these people are right. Many Americans are struggling. Many need help. Right now, in this country, the top one percent control everything. Healthcare rates are ridiculous. College is far too hard to get into, and many working Americans are not working at a living wage. The politicians, including this administration, are not doing the necessary things. They’re not standing for our environment. For our youth. For the average working man. America, a political Revolution is coming, and they’re going to Feel The Bern! Thank you all, and together we can all do this!”

Senator Sander’s website went up shortly after and donations began coming in. The site includes his full platform. He’s also not taking donations from big donors and lobbyists.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 07:11:15 PM »

Okay. I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening for Centrist Republican and Ishan to post their announcement speeches before getting started with the gameplay thread.

In addition, owing to the low number of players, player entry will remain open, provided you either PM me first, or state which candidate you wish to run as here.

Sounds good…. I’m waiting for some democratic opinions. Also, will there be primary debates?
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 08:18:38 PM »

Okay. I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening for Centrist Republican and Ishan to post their announcement speeches before getting started with the gameplay thread.

In addition, owing to the low number of players, player entry will remain open, provided you either PM me first, or state which candidate you wish to run as here.

Sounds good…. I’m waiting for some democratic opinions. Also, will there be primary debates?

Yes, but likely not on the first on the first turn.

I haven't decided what format they'll take yet, or if Democrats and Republicans will debate at the same time, or if they'll alternate.

Sounds good, are we gonna proceed with only two candidates on each side?
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 10:03:54 AM »

Turn extension please? Dealing with some stuff
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »

Turn extension please? Dealing with some stuff

You have until MyCool posts Hutchison's debate answers. Since that's probably going to be today or tonight, I can push the end of the turn until tomorrow or Saturday, but I don't want to push things further than that. This turn has gone on long enough as it is.

Sounds good
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies