Political Future of Lizzie Fletcher
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 12:14:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political Future of Lizzie Fletcher
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Future of Lizzie Fletcher  (Read 447 times)
MargieCat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2021, 09:19:20 PM »

On the first proposed map that came out today, TX-07 becomes a D+25 vote sink.

Does that mean Lizzie is safe?

Does she get primaried by a more progressive democrat? Perhaps Gene Wu?

Does she make a statewide run as someone more progressive takes her house seat?

Her and Colin Allred both arrived in the same blue wave. He's more popular than she is though.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »

I think she survives.
The new seat is a good fit for her.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:57:43 PM »

Not sure about a more progressive Democrat, but kind of eyeballing the seat she's been drawn into I think less than half the population there knows who she is, and it might be the case that most voters are from TX-22 rather than TX-7 (but probably not). The real successor to her old seat is TX-38, which is Safe R. I can just see someone with better name recognition primarying her, like Kulkarni.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 01:57:52 AM »

They should primary her. She probably will never get a serious challenger.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 01:11:41 PM »

Why is everyone saying to primary her, I dont know much about her
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2021, 06:45:24 PM by Calthrina950 »

Why is everyone saying to primary her, I dont know much about her

It seems to me that many on this forum want for half of the Democratic Party in Congress to be primaried.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 09:55:55 PM »

If I were her I'd secretly be grateful to the TXGOP and lay low in Congress for a while, then maybe when TX is bluer, like in 2026 or even 2030, I might make a run for higher office. But at least for a few terms, I'd take advantage of my safe district to build a profile on Capitol Hill. We'll see. If 2026 is a good year for Democrats and Cornyn retires, it may even make sense for Fletcher to run for the Senate. Again, though, she shouldn't jump the gun and run when TX is still a lean Republican state and when she doesn't have a lot of experience. So if she times herself correctly, she could have a bright political future. If she doesn't, then she goes down in the flames like so many before her.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 10:10:36 PM »

If I were her I'd secretly be grateful to the TXGOP and lay low in Congress for a while, then maybe when TX is bluer, like in 2026 or even 2030, I might make a run for higher office. But at least for a few terms, I'd take advantage of my safe district to build a profile on Capitol Hill. We'll see. If 2026 is a good year for Democrats and Cornyn retires, it may even make sense for Fletcher to run for the Senate. Again, though, she shouldn't jump the gun and run when TX is still a lean Republican state and when she doesn't have a lot of experience. So if she times herself correctly, she could have a bright political future. If she doesn't, then she goes down in the flames like so many before her.
Another thought is that she can maybe run for AG in 2026 if Paxton is still walking free and running for re-election then. As bad as he is, I see him getting another term in 2022
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 10:17:14 PM »

Another thought is that she can maybe run for AG in 2026 if Paxton is still walking free and running for re-election then. As bad as he is, I see him getting another term in 2022

Yeah, it doesn't need to be senator... the main point I'm making is that it might make sense for Fletcher to seek higher office in the future...but that for now she should enjoy her safe seat for a couple of terms.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 11:33:59 PM »

Hopefully she succeeds Cornyn, but I'm not optimistic, she will probably face a primary challenge from an ambitious Dem, whether or not said challenge succeeds....remains to be seen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies