AOC fanbase implodes after "present" vote for Israel's Iron Dome, AOC cites Dems "ignored her" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:58:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC fanbase implodes after "present" vote for Israel's Iron Dome, AOC cites Dems "ignored her" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AOC fanbase implodes after "present" vote for Israel's Iron Dome, AOC cites Dems "ignored her"  (Read 1132 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: September 24, 2021, 09:49:39 PM »

It's a horrible response tinged with "the sinister Jews in my district forced me to vote against my conscience and I really wish I had gotten to vote for leaving Jewish children undefended". It's also word salad that will please no one. She deserves all the blowback she gets for this, especially from the scum-vultures she gleefully courted. Something something leopards-eating-faces party.

That was never going to happen and you know it.

If the US dropped $1B of funding, Israel would pay that $1B themselves. And if they won't do that, maybe they don't value the lives of their children as much as they claim to.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 11:27:41 PM »

It's a horrible response tinged with "the sinister Jews in my district forced me to vote against my conscience and I really wish I had gotten to vote for leaving Jewish children undefended". It's also word salad that will please no one. She deserves all the blowback she gets for this, especially from the scum-vultures she gleefully courted. Something something leopards-eating-faces party.

That was never going to happen and you know it.

If the US dropped $1B of funding, Israel would pay that $1B themselves. And if they won't do that, maybe they don't value the lives of their children as much as they claim to.

Well, sure. But that's not what she wanted. Remember, she's called for a total arms embargo on Israel, meaning they would legally not be allowed to buy the interceptor missiles they need from the US, even with their own money paid to defense contractors.

So that might not have been what the vote was about, but I'm not about to give her a pass on her evil little heart's desire.

There was no arms embargo on the table anywhere in this amendment or any other part of the bill.

You specifically said "a vote for leaving Jewish children undefended."

Do you believe that absent $1B in American taxpayer money, Israel would have no way of coming up with that $1B and they simply would have no Iron Dome anymore?

Either Israel is a shining beacon of success with its burgeoning tech sector and high per capita GDP, or it's a wretched, destitute country whose only lifeline is foreign charity and any reduction in US subsidies would be snapping the tenuous hold on existence. You can't have it both ways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies