AOC fanbase implodes after "present" vote for Israel's Iron Dome, AOC cites Dems "ignored her" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:46:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC fanbase implodes after "present" vote for Israel's Iron Dome, AOC cites Dems "ignored her" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AOC fanbase implodes after "present" vote for Israel's Iron Dome, AOC cites Dems "ignored her"  (Read 1148 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« on: September 25, 2021, 06:50:05 AM »

I'm not AOCs biggest fan, and I'm not AOCs biggest hater. I wish more representatives voted present or abstain or whatever more often. I also wish twitter would shut the  up.

Middle ground is an acceptable position when you represent a diverse community, more people need to be able to appreciate that.

This is far from the only intra-left disagreement. Assuming the Democratic left were to get anywhere with her around, she’d have to handle much more salient dilemmas (e.g. NIMBYism vs “gentrification” arguments or climate policy vs anti-imperialism).

The scene she made over this indicates her leadership qualities in such a scenario would be poor. I’d have more respect if she’d calmly voted present without the song and dance.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 08:57:58 AM »

Far be it from me to engage in 'what-about-ism, but I do think the subject of those who routinely rail against foreign aid, but voted for this, or accuse AOC of being antisemitic for not voting to spend U.S $ to support a wealthy foreign nation, should also be brought up.

It’s a crap whataboutism because it implies Israel is a poor country that can’t afford the Dome.

It is not akin to third world countries that can’t get enough vaccines.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies