The Suburban Purge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:56:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The Suburban Purge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Suburban Purge  (Read 1108 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« on: September 29, 2021, 09:28:23 AM »

Thank you sir it will be "the college educated white suburbanite expulsion"

I think this is a good term for this phenomenon. It is rather tragic for Republicans, but we are making up for these losses with non college whites and certain non-white groups. I also don’t believe that the Romney strategy of pandering to rapidly left-trending white college suburbanites was one that was ever going to be built to last.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 04:21:37 PM »

Thank you sir it will be "the college educated white suburbanite expulsion"

I think this is a good term for this phenomenon. It is rather tragic for Republicans, but we are making up for these losses with non college whites and certain non-white groups. I also don’t believe that the Romney strategy of pandering to rapidly left-trending white college suburbanites was one that was ever going to be built to last.

But -- college education is becoming more the norm among adults as older people without degrees are dying off. Republicans have been intensifying the anti-intellectual appeal to ignoramuses who resent learning and expertise.

Well-educated people are less amenable to demagoguery of any kind, including Trumpism. 

College education is not getting more prevalent after COVID, especially among men of all races. It is however getting more prominent among women of all races.

I remember reading an interesting article akin to this!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies