Abortion Referendum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:59:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Abortion Referendum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: A referendum between a reason legalization of abortion, a reasonable abortion ban, and an compromise framework of administrative arbitration.
Abortion on demand with no restrictions except for a conscience clauses for up to 90 days. Exceptions thereafter for clear and convincing evidence of “extreme unexpected conditions” where delivery is still not viable.

All requests for abortion have to be filed through DCF free of charge. Community and state parties then have a chance to address the cause of the need for the abortion and if there is a proposal, the abortion petition goes to arbitration. If an agreement

All laws that apply to murder will include any detectible pregnancies including modified laws for “self defense” where a OBGYN will have to have a hearing after performing an emergency abortion the same way there’s one after shooting a burglar in your hom

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Abortion Referendum  (Read 400 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:33:07 PM »

Your national or local government is having a referendum on abortion with these three possible policies. The plurality wins or will win or a majority to rank choice voting. What do you think would win and how would you vote?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 02:35:07 PM »

Options 1 and 3 is too out of sync with my abortion position for me to vote for it, option 2 by default.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 02:36:26 PM »

Options 1 and 3 is too out of sync with my abortion position for me to vote for it, option 2 by default.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 02:39:06 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2021, 03:04:23 PM by Universe Man »

Option 2- If you want an abortion, you have to prove you need an abortion and you can get one if no one helps you either by direct assistance or adoption. It’s fraud to still have an abortion anyways or don’t do what you promised to do to prevent it (if you are the one who tried to stop the abortion) Everything has to be done free of charge and it all has to happen in 10 days.

Option 3 would also ban any family planning that is medically supervised and would include prescribed or outpatient contraception, IVF, or sterilization except as a sentence to a crime. Cloning, whether reproductive or therapeutic would be considered a form of illegal narcotic manufacturing but any resulting clones would be protected the same as other fetuses.

I would want one but would be comfortable with two.

In any case where there is an abortion performed against the law, the father would be prosecuted as an accomplice unless he made a reasonable attempt before the fact to report it. Being the father of a legal child makes you responsible for the child. If you didn’t know that the child even exists, that’s negligence. You cannot abandon  your child.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 02:52:04 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 02:55:48 PM »

2 still has too many hoops to jump through. The only abortion restriction I am at all comfortable with is banning post-viable or "partial birth" abortions. By that time almost all women should clearly know they are pregnant and have had plenty of time to make a decision about it. And the ethics of killing a fetus that could well survive outside the womb are much murkier. And even then I'd only accept it if an exception was made for rape and incest, and medical emergencies/the woman's health. (Which really are the only times it ever happens anyway.)

Anything that requires an appeal or some kind of arbitration to "prove" you need the abortion or whatever is too far.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 03:00:59 PM »

This user always talk about Abortion and it's always adoption

Abortion carries risk for females after the fact I have females in my family that had high risk of uteran cancer from birth contol pills and abortions

This is a male blog, most makes blog, we have no idea how a uterus is and risk of bleeding and death, that's why alot of females are pro life

This isn't the 90s anymore it's 2021 Adoptions are fine too
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 03:01:45 PM »

2 still has too many hoops to jump through. The only abortion restriction I am at all comfortable with is banning post-viable or "partial birth" abortions. By that time almost all women should clearly know they are pregnant and have had plenty of time to make a decision about it. And the ethics of killing a fetus that could well survive outside the womb are much murkier. And even then I'd only accept it if an exception was made for rape and incest, and medical emergencies/the woman's health. (Which really are the only times it ever happens anyway.)

Anything that requires an appeal or some kind of arbitration to "prove" you need the abortion or whatever is too far.

It’s definitely attempt to settle the issue by making no one happy. Liberals don’t like it because it makes it very difficult to have an abortion, Republicans won’t like it because there may still be many legal abortions but perhaps not nearly as many and they will have to suffer a new layer of government to “save” half of the fetuses.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 04:26:47 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2021, 04:46:09 PM by hermit »

I go way back in history with the abortion debate, starting from when I got out of high school. I'm old now. Here are some valuable things I've learned along the way.

1. If men do not want anybody else on the face of the planet interfering with what they and their doctor discuss regarding their health, then men need to butt out of the abortion debate.

2. If females think it's wrong to abort a pregnancy due to religious reasons (or whatever), then please, do not abort a pregnancy. But don't try to legislate what other females do. It's not your right.

3. Nobody is a savior. Please live by your standards, but do not impose them on others. It's not your right.

4. If men think they have a stake in the argument of whether or not their partner in birth should let the fetus grow into a baby, by all means, discuss your opinions and concerns with the mother-to-be. But please respect her final decision to do what is right for HER BODY.

You can fight this all you want, but in the end, females will be liberated from the present social oppression. The majority of females will have their say, and it will be the final word on the subject. Leave the abortion decision between me and my doctor.

Period.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »

Option 1 is the only choice that is even moderately sane.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 07:43:30 PM »

Maybe wouldn't go quite as far as option 1 but it is still by far the best here. It would also win in a landslide in an actual national referendum. I wouldn't have problems with some regulation of late term abortions but you should not have to make a formal "request" to some board to get one.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 07:46:19 PM »

All of these options are far too complicated for the average American to understand....
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 08:10:41 PM »

All of these options are far too complicated for the average American to understand....

One and three aren't complicated. Most people will look at 2 and go "WTF" leaving it between total legal abortion or a total ban, from which like 85% of people would prefer it being totally legal.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 09:02:56 PM »

All laws that apply to murder will include any detectible pregnancies including modified laws for “self defense” where a OBGYN will have to have a hearing after performing an emergency abortion the same way there’s one after shooting a burglar in your hom

"Your Honor, I mistook the fetus's umbilical cord for a gun and in the darkness of the uterus I thought it might have been an African-American male."
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 09:06:54 PM »

I'd be very much inclined to sit it out, pray that sensibility was shared among the electorate (depending on which voters came out to vote), but also pray that the country can really move past this.

I don't feel this obsession is helping anyone.  Why are still fighting something from the 1970s?  The world has changed, the country is so different than it was back then.... why do we have to revisit Roe now, of all times?  Why the urgency - when those that believe that abortion is murder could have done something about it in the Reagan days or in the George W. Bush days.

When Republicans had the trifecta, why didn't they pass a heartbeat bill federally, why didn't they push for a Human Life Amendment?  Donald Trump would have signed it, he'd do anything they wanted in exchange for their complete obedience and loyalty, so why wasn't it done then?

Is the GOP afraid of major backlash if they follow through on this?

I just don't buy it from Republicans who say that their party isn't emotionally invested in banning abortion nationwide... that's not the reality on the ground.  They certainly do want to have it banned in every state.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »

option 1
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies