US House passes amendment to end US funding of Saudi bombing of Yemen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US House passes amendment to end US funding of Saudi bombing of Yemen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: US House passes amendment to end US funding of Saudi bombing of Yemen  (Read 1011 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2021, 01:34:51 PM »

Passed by almost all of the Democrats plus the absolute worst Republicans... very strange combination lol
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »

Okay Golden and Murphy I know at this point are very bad, but Pappas? Yikes.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »

It's not every day you see AOC, Omar, and Tlaib voting with MTG, Boebert, and Gosar. Broken clock...
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 01:52:18 PM »

It's not every day you see AOC, Omar, and Tlaib voting with MTG, Boebert, and Gosar. Broken clock...

If you told me those six voted the same way, I would assume they all did something terrible lol
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 02:02:07 PM »

Someone is doing something about our involvement in a situation that is toxic to our society. Good for them.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 02:07:26 PM »

Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, Greene, and Massie are quite possibly THE five worst members of Congress. To see them all vote in favor of this is... something.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:36 PM »

Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, Greene, and Massie are quite possibly THE five worst members of Congress. To see them all vote in favor of this is... something.

I sort of get Massie, since he's at least consistent about not liking foreign intervention, but I'm really curious about the others' rationale.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 02:34:25 PM »

A disgrace this hasn't happened already. The US (and EU) should cut ties with Saudi Arabia, a cruel regime spreading extremism and sponsoring terrorism and violating international law.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 03:09:55 PM »

Took long enough

Good for them
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 03:34:28 PM »

A disgrace this hasn't happened already. The US (and EU) should cut ties with Saudi Arabia, a cruel regime spreading extremism and sponsoring terrorism and violating international law.

We have still have troops in Iraq, right?

Just land a couple hundred thousand more, send them south, and overthrow the monarchy in Saudi Arabia, and either establish an American Puppet state, or just outright annex the Saudis to America.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 05:16:51 PM »

Passed by almost all of the Democrats plus the absolute worst Republicans... very strange combination lol
Rosendale voted yes! MT Treasurer would be so proud!
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »

Just land a couple hundred thousand more, send them south, and overthrow the monarchy in Saudi Arabia, and either establish an American Puppet state, or just outright annex the Saudis to America.

Write in: Give it to the Jordanians  Wink
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 05:53:18 PM »

I sort of get Massie, since he's at least consistent about not liking foreign intervention, but I'm really curious about the others' rationale.

I think kicking the Saudis is it own reward and maybe the Saudi haven’t been good at sending money their way.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 05:59:52 PM »

If they do this, then Iran will able to expand their influence throughout the Middle East, and of course by proxy increase the influence of Russia and China.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »

This is why Gosar, MTG, Gaetz, etc. are 10000000000000x better than Liz Cheney or Kinzinger
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »

Is this satire?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 09:36:33 AM »

I've long believed we invaded the wrong country in 2003. We should have invaded Saudi Arabia, rather than Iraq.

Is this satire?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 09:44:46 AM »

So not satire, just lunacy.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 12:18:08 PM »

If they do this, then Iran will able to expand their influence throughout the Middle East, and of course by proxy increase the influence of Russia and China.
So you support escalating a genocide to advance American policy interests?
Again not judging, just genuinely want to understand your foreign policy.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »

No, my objection is to cutting all ties with Saudi Arabia, though I'm not really a fan of either side in Yemen, the Houthis are pretty radical and aligned with Iran, but Saudi Arabia is not handling the conflict, the right way. I think the best option is for Saudi Arabia to step aside and for a US-led coalition to go into Yemen to defeat the Houthis without waging war on Yemeni civilians like Saudi Arabia is doing.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 07:43:25 PM »

Rosendale voted yes! MT Treasurer would be so proud!

I am! Even after this I don’t think he’s been perfect on foreign policy by any means, but trust me, the state could do (and has done) a lot worse than him. He’ll be a solid 'fit' for MT-02.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 08:20:11 PM »

Cindy Axne (IA-03)
Cheri Bustos (IL-17)
Jared Golden (ME-02)
Vicente Gonzalez (TX-15)
Susie Lee (NV-03)

Do these swing district Democrats really think if they lose next year it's going to be because all those moderate Trump-Biden or Trump-Trump/House D voters were very concerned that the US was being insufficiently solicitous toward Saudi Arabia?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 09:38:13 PM »

I'm confused by Meijer's NO vote here, given previous statements
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 09:36:21 AM »

Cindy Axne (IA-03)
Cheri Bustos (IL-17)
Jared Golden (ME-02)
Vicente Gonzalez (TX-15)
Susie Lee (NV-03)

Do these swing district Democrats really think if they lose next year it's going to be because all those moderate Trump-Biden or Trump-Trump/House D voters were very concerned that the US was being insufficiently solicitous toward Saudi Arabia?
Bustos isn't running so I don't get what her deal is
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 11:01:48 AM »

No, my objection is to cutting all ties with Saudi Arabia, though I'm not really a fan of either side in Yemen, the Houthis are pretty radical and aligned with Iran, but Saudi Arabia is not handling the conflict, the right way. I think the best option is for Saudi Arabia to step aside and for a US-led coalition to go into Yemen to defeat the Houthis without waging war on Yemeni civilians like Saudi Arabia is doing.

The Houthi are not really radical by the standards of the region, half your allies hate USA and Israel far more than the the Houthi does. The Houthi may do a few chants, but the Gulf states finance anti-American groups around the world.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies