43 To Attend Fundraiser for Cheney - Battle Between the GOP Presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:02:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  43 To Attend Fundraiser for Cheney - Battle Between the GOP Presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 43 To Attend Fundraiser for Cheney - Battle Between the GOP Presidents  (Read 773 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: September 23, 2021, 07:46:18 PM »

If Cheney loses, she should run as an independent.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 03:18:51 PM »

Now that Trump has endorsed one of Cheney's primary opponents in 2022, GWB has entered the fray as well, to defend Cheney.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/liz-cheneys-re-election-bid-pits-trump-against-bush-11632303001
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/george-bush-fundraise--liz-cheney

Still don't think this will be much of a contest. GWB doesn't carry much stature in the party (not as much as his father) and Trump is the GOP base's god; just about anyone with his endorsement will win a GOP primary. But personally I think if Bush keeps up the criticism of Trump and insurrection generally, he may start earning redemption for the hot mess that was the Iraq War.

IDK about that. His dad openly voted for Hillary. And was far more moderate in general. The base may have turned on Dubya, but they turned on HW long before that.

Dubya says he voted for Condi Rice in 2020, but I suspect he may have actually voted for Biden. Anyway, the GOP have long ago turned on both Bush’s in favor of a wannabe dictator. I doubt he holds anywhere near as much influence within the electorate as Trump does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies