VA Early Voting #s
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA Early Voting #s
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: VA Early Voting #s  (Read 18538 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2021, 12:01:25 PM »

10/28 update

Early in person votes: 680,932
Mail ballots returned: 256,049
Total: 936,981

And we topped the biggest day yet again - 64K early votes on Thursday

10/29 update

Early in person votes: 760,053
Mail ballots returned: 271,615
Total: 1,031,668

Another huge day of EV - 80k, best day yet, and 15K more mail-ins added.

Final early vote of 1.2M?

That's what it is looking like.  Additional results will trickle in and today will probably net around 100k additional votes.  Plus you have mail in ballots that will be dropped off on Election Day or come in over the next few days.
How much of the total electorate might vote early this time? 20%?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2021, 12:01:59 PM »

While I have been bullish on TMAC’s chances relative to most, that will change if NoVa doesn’t start catching up relative to Central VA. I know there have been delays and the gaps are closing, but time is running out. Today and tomorrow are crucial.
Good news, rain is gone for now in NoVa.

NOVA will be fine.  It always turns out.  Please don't buy the nonsense from the habitually wrong post-deleting blue avatar from Montana who didn't even know Arlington and Fairfax were two different things.  I am going to pass by an early voting site today.  I will let you know if there is turnout. 
I am looking at the numbers themselves from VPAP, I don’t treat any Atlas poster as gospel. The big three NoVa counties all should be relatively higher by the end of early voting compared to the rurals. In terms of % 2020 turnout, they should at least be on par with the rurals. They are increasing quickly so there is time.

I mean, we just don't know though. We don't know how voting habits are changing this year. Dems normally vote more early, but Republicans have also placed an emphasis on it. So it's quite possible either way, we just don't know.

The one thing again is that Fairfax should not be treated the same as other NOVA counties since their satellite offices opened later.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »

10/28 update

10/29 update

That's what it is looking like.  Additional results will trickle in and today will probably net around 100k additional votes.  Plus you have mail in ballots that will be dropped off on Election Day or come in over the next few days.

Looking like turnout will be about 20% of registered voters.  Probably 35-40% of total turnout this year.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2021, 12:04:16 PM »

This tweet pegs a number on turnout today.  I voted last year on the last weekend day of early voting and the lines got bigger and bigger as the afternoon progressed.  So we could see 15,000+ today.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2021, 12:04:45 PM »

Curious about the mail votes though. The counting still looks like its very slow with those. Makes me feel like there's still probably a ton sitting in transit.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2021, 12:05:09 PM »

10/28 update

10/29 update

Looking like turnout will be about 20% of registered voters.  Probably 35-40% of total turnout this year.
I assume that's a historic high?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2021, 12:05:33 PM »

While I have been bullish on TMAC’s chances relative to most, that will change if NoVa doesn’t start catching up relative to Central VA. I know there have been delays and the gaps are closing, but time is running out. Today and tomorrow are crucial.
Good news, rain is gone for now in NoVa.

NOVA will be fine.  It always turns out.  Please don't buy the nonsense from the habitually wrong post-deleting blue avatar from Montana who didn't even know Arlington and Fairfax were two different things.  I am going to pass by an early voting site today.  I will let you know if there is turnout. 
I am looking at the numbers themselves from VPAP, I don’t treat any Atlas poster as gospel. The big three NoVa counties all should be relatively higher by the end of early voting compared to the rurals. In terms of % 2020 turnout, they should at least be on par with the rurals. They are increasing quickly so there is time.

In off years NOVA always turns out at a higher rate than rurals.  There needs to be stunningly massive rural turnout on Election Day to catch up.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2021, 12:06:12 PM »

10/28 update

10/29 update

Potentially.  But we've never had no excuse early voting in a Gov. race before.  So that could be why.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2021, 12:07:27 PM »

10/28 update

10/29 update

Potentially.  But we've never had no excuse early voting in a Gov. race before.  So that could be why.
For sure.
I wonder if the large number of early voters this time might get attention from national media.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2021, 12:07:43 PM »

Curious about the mail votes though. The counting still looks like its very slow with those. Makes me feel like there's still probably a ton sitting in transit.

Yes, they will trickle in over the next few days and people will drop them off in ballot boxes.  The numbers aren't up to date on VPAP as well.  There re 28,000 ballots unaccounted for in Fairfax right now according to VPAP.  Not all of them will vote but a good chunk will wait to the last minute to drop off or send.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2021, 12:08:59 PM »

10/28 update

10/29 update

For sure.
I wonder if the large number of early voters this time might get attention from national media.

Well it clearly shows that early voting does inspire more turnout.  If there was no early voting period I'd be more worried about this election. 
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2021, 12:10:54 PM »

Well it clearly shows that early voting does inspire more turnout.  If there was no early voting period I'd be more worried about this election. 
What do you see happening in the House of Delegates?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2021, 12:12:14 PM »

I'm not following that as closely.  I could see a couple of seats flipping each way canceling each other out.  The one area I think the GOP could over perform is Virginia Beach.  I think Dems will hold fine in NOVA/Richmond. 

I don't know if there are any vulnerable seats in the VA Beach area.  If so, that's probably where the GOP makes gains, if not in maybe one of the Richmond area seats as well. 
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2021, 12:14:23 PM »

I'm not following that as closely.  I could see a couple of seats flipping each way canceling each other out.  The one area I think the GOP could over perform is Virginia Beach.  I think Dems will hold fine in NOVA/Richmond. 

I don't know if there are any vulnerable seats in the VA Beach area.  If so, that's probably where the GOP makes gains, if not in maybe one of the Richmond area seats as well. 
Ah. Thanks for responding!
The McAuliffe-Youngkin race is really stealing the oxygen. Lol.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2021, 12:21:49 PM »

Updated numbers as a percent of 2017:

Fairfax = 39%

Loudoun = 42%

Prince William = 45%

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2021, 12:23:39 PM »

Fairfax = 39%

Loudoun = 42%

Prince William = 45%

And Fairfax would likely be at least 45% like Prince William if it was open earlier, too.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »

Fairfax = 39%

Loudoun = 42%

Prince William = 45%

And Fairfax would likely be at least 45% like Prince William if it was open earlier, too.

The reason Prince William is so high is because they generally get lower turnout than Fairfax.  So that's a place where early voting has really benefited Dems. 
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2021, 12:26:21 PM »

I honestly think this race is tilt D looking at these early voting numbers. Not very confident as E-Day can really put a dent in Dems advantage rn.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »

More to the last point.  Fairfax is actually at a higher turnout rate among REGISTERED voters but lower when compared to 2017.  So you can see Fairfax turned out much more in 2017 than Prince William, relatively speaking.  If Dems can keep up the momentum in Prince William that will be a hidden trove of votes that will counteract any rural surge.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2021, 12:28:13 PM »

I honestly think this race is tilt D looking at these early voting numbers. Not very confident as E-Day can really put a dent in Dems advantage rn.

It is...  and they can't...  and it's pretty obvious but the tv pundits want to create a horserace where none exists.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »

More to the last point.  Fairfax is actually at a higher turnout rate among REGISTERED voters but lower when compared to 2017.  So you can see Fairfax turned out much more in 2017 than Prince William, relatively speaking.  If Dems can keep up the momentum in Prince William that will be a hidden trove of votes that will counteract any rural surge.
Prince William County is underrated in its electoral importance, imo. It is a Dem stronghold that less swingy voters than Fairfax. If Ds can get good results there that would help them immensely if Youngkin does better than expected.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2021, 12:49:12 PM »

Prince William County is underrated in its electoral importance, imo. It is a Dem stronghold that less swingy voters than Fairfax. If Ds can get good results there that would help them immensely if Youngkin does better than expected.

Yes they need turnout there.  The turnout could vary a lot.  So it's good they are banking a lot of votes there right now.  With these kinds of numbers I don't see how Youngkin pulls this off.  I am also not seeing an enthusiasm gap with Prince William numbers like this right now.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2021, 12:53:19 PM »

Yes they need turnout there.  The turnout could vary a lot.  So it's good they are banking a lot of votes there right now.  With these kinds of numbers I don't see how Youngkin pulls this off.  I am also not seeing an enthusiasm gap with Prince William numbers like this right now.
Isn't the southeastern share of PWC incredibly Democratic, very non-white, and growing very fast? That area in particular might be inclined to less turnout in normal conditions.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2021, 12:54:55 PM »

Isn't the southeastern share of PWC incredibly Democratic, very non-white, and growing very fast? That area in particular might be inclined to less turnout in normal conditions.

Yes.  Well all of NOVA is very mixed, but I believe PWC has a high African American concentration around there.  So you get very skewed Dem pockets in PWC.  That's why precinct results matter, moreso than in say Fairfax where there are definitely also extreme pockets of Dem strength but not as skewed. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2021, 12:55:12 PM »

If Youngkin wins this election, it will be the umpteenth example of a strong Democratic turnout in early votes meaning nothing about the results of the election. I stopped drawing any encouragement from this after NC/FL in 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies