Maine Governor Megathread: LePage Round 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maine Governor Megathread: LePage Round 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine Governor Megathread: LePage Round 3  (Read 3335 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: March 05, 2022, 11:50:54 PM »

Why do people seem to think LePage has a chance? He’s never won a majority of voters in the state, he’s a divisive figure, and barely won in 2014. Plus Mills hasn’t done anything wrong I don’t see a scenario where LePage beats Mills, especially with RCV

My best guess is that these people think the national environment will be favorable enough to LePage's party to carry him over the finish line.

I think people forget Maine is still a Biden + 9 state where local politics still seems to matter to some degree. Something tells me Mills has significantly more support than LePage on a more local level. Lean D still.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:44 AM »

LePage seems to me a candidate without the albatross-like downsides of Mastriano or Dixon but also without the upset potential of Ronchetti or Drazan. I'm expecting a fairly boring race along the lines of MN-GOV, with Mills moderately favored all the way.

Idk if it's just me but LePage seems to have 0 charisma to some of these other R candidates but he's also not particularly moderate. I think that makes it tricky for him to define himself
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies