FL Covid deaths reach all time high (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:53:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FL Covid deaths reach all time high (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL Covid deaths reach all time high  (Read 1437 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: September 21, 2021, 09:57:34 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/florida-covid-cases.html

averaging 445 PER DAY and climbing. 

At what point is this criminal behavior by elected officials?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:02:23 PM »

Florida is cooking the books too. When we get excess mortality and accurate look back you'll see more people died then should have.

I pretty much assume this is the case.  Which is scary.  Deathsantis's stupidity has already killed off nearly 1/400 Floridians according to those estimates.  So the real number is probably 1/200.  In other words, by the time this is over, 1% of FL's population will die of covid probably. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »

Why should we care about Floridians dying? It's actually good for Social Security. There's plenty more Northeastern and Midwestern old people where they came from.

Quite honestly, I could care less about Florida's stupidity if it didn't also impact other states.  They've obviously spread the virus straight up the east coast.  It's currently swarming in North Carolina.

Northeastern states - you're welcome that NOVA is acting as somewhat of a buffer zone of competence that is containing the virus to the southeast... for now...
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 10:14:10 PM »

Florida is cooking the books too. When we get excess mortality and accurate look back you'll see more people died then should have.

I pretty much assume this is the case.  Which is scary.  Deathsantis's stupidity has already killed off nearly 1/400 Floridians according to those estimates.  So the real number is probably 1/200.  In other words, by the time this is over, 1% of FL's population will die of covid probably. 

I don't think the disparity is that high but it's obvious he wanted to control the reporting narrative for political reasons and you don't do that unless the numbers are bad.

I dunno man.  I think however bad we assume it is, it's probably actually worse.  This guy clearly gives zero f**** about letting people die and also lying about it.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 10:29:32 PM »

If you look at the numbers of new cases, they are on a clear downward trend the past month.

Because everybody got it, because DeSantis is an idiot.

Yes but it's still at 42 per 100,000 which is fairly high and Miami is a bit under that which is weighting down the avg.  There are still some pretty big outbreak pockets.  I do wonder if the summer was particularly brutal for FL because it was hot so people tended to go inside for AC.  Not to make excuses for the idiot Gov.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 10:59:30 PM »

Rona DeathSentence unfortunately won't be indicted for his willful negligence, but at the very least, he's already killed 20,000 more Floridians than his margin of victory in 2018.  If the FL Dems can find a strong and competent candidate*, DeathSentence should rightfully be severely endangered for re-election.

* Spoiler: they won't

Is this one new?  I like this better than "DeathSantis".
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 12:37:49 AM »

DeSantis' refusal to mandate vaccinations led to my 87 year old grandpa contracting the virus from a worker in the assisted living home he is in. He is fine now, thankfully. And you know why? Because he's f***ing vaccinated! But for that to happen at all-F*** Ron DeSuckass!

Any of you Republicans who dislike Trump and think you're so much more logical than his cultists are falling in the same trap they did if you support him. He is pure scum, lower than scum even. And he knows it because that's what makes Republicans' d***s hard. So the blame isn't only him, in fairness. he is just responding to a truly deranged segment of our population which is concentrated far too much in the "Sunshine" State that elected him, and will again, comfortably, in 2022.

Glad your Grandpa is OK. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:17:27 PM »

It cannot be just Florida.

The USA as a whole is peaking with Active Cases at 10M.

Yes, thanks to the DeSantis variant.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 02:54:50 PM »

It's breathtaking to see states like MA and RI soon to be dropping out of the top 10 in terms of deaths per capita while FL/AR/AL/TX/MS shoot up the rankings.  Just another concrete example of failed GOP "leadership."
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 10:47:07 PM »

Florida's response: making quarantine "optional".

Florida Students Are No Longer Required To Quarantine After Being Exposed To COVID

Either modern Republicanism dies, or we all do. It's becoming that simple.

How long til Florida makes observing drunk driving laws optional?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 03:54:59 PM »

Welp I am bumping this up because it looks like Florida is imminently about to pass New York in covid deaths.  It's also going to leap frog Arkansas, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Arizona in deaths per capita within like a week or two.  And DeSantis seriously thinks he's going to be President.

Within a month NY wont even be in the top 10 in covid deaths per capita.  FL should be in the top 3 or 4.  Despicable. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 12:15:28 AM »

What a ridiculous picture and smug look on his face.  Why doesn't he start acting like a Governor and not Jonathan Taylor Thomas. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 12:16:09 AM »

I still don't get why a political party is so set on literally killing their own base with false information.

Because they can't think past their primaries.  Plus they'll just lie and pivot and appeal to whoever is still alive after their primaries.  These people are literally this evil.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 12:19:40 AM »

Welp I am bumping this up because it looks like Florida is imminently about to pass New York in covid deaths.  It's also going to leap frog Arkansas, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Arizona in deaths per capita within like a week or two.  And DeSantis seriously thinks he's going to be President.

Within a month NY wont even be in the top 10 in covid deaths per capita.  FL should be in the top 3 or 4.  Despicable. 

He could still be president but that would be one of many signs that this country is on the merge of breaking up or maybe unraveling in a less spectacular fashion.

Trust me, this idiot is not going to be President.  Nor will Abbott.  The positions they are taking are f'ing ridiculous and highly unpopular in states they'd need to win the WH.  For instance, "abortion should be illegal in all circumstances" polls at like 13% in PA.  "Masks should be required in schools" polls well over 50% in all of the battleground states. 

Also, given that Biden won the electoral college handily without Florida and NC was even closer than FL, it undermines any electability argument DeSantis could muster due to his residence in the state.    In short, after his Governor career ends his most likely next step is opening a DeSantis Toyota in Jacksonville.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 11:31:44 PM »

it's kind of incredible that 2000 people are dying of covid a day again (mostly led by FL, TX and a few other southern states) and it's hardly news now. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies