SR 105-05: Philly Metro Area Belongs Together Amendment (Rejected) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 105-05: Philly Metro Area Belongs Together Amendment (Rejected) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 105-05: Philly Metro Area Belongs Together Amendment (Rejected)  (Read 1688 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: September 21, 2021, 08:42:40 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2021, 05:56:56 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

Philly Metro Area Belongs Together Constitutional Amendment

Section 1. The Regions.

1. The several states of this Republic shall be apportioned among three contiguous, autonomous Regions. Each region shall be further subdivided into two subregions.

2. The northern Region shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

i. The Northeastern Subregion shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

ii. The Great Lakes Subregion shall consist of the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

3. The southern Region shall consist of the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

i. The Upper Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Arkansas, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
ii. The Deep Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, and Texas
Sponsor: S019

The gentleman from New Jersey is recognized.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:33:03 PM »

An objection having been raised, a vote on the amendment is now open. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

Quote from: Amendment
Philly Metro Area Belongs Together Constitutional Amendment Correction of Regions Constitutional Amendment

Section 1. The Regions.

1. The several states of this Republic shall be apportioned among three contiguous, autonomous Regions. Each region shall be further subdivided into two subregions.

2. The northern Region shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

i. The Northeastern Subregion shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

ii. The Great Lakes Subregion shall consist of the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

3. The southern Region shall consist of the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

i. The Upper Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Arkansas, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
ii. The Deep Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, and Texas

4. The western Region shall consist of the states of Alaska, Arizona, Atlasian Samoa, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Nebraska, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

i. The Mountain West Subregion shall consist of the states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
ii. The Pacific Subregion shall consist of the states of Alaska, Atlasian Samoa, California, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon, and Washington.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 10:37:11 PM »

I have never been one for chopping up the South or messing with the borders. I didn't support the Kansas effort and I don't intend on supporting this one, especially without the consent of the Southern government. Has there been any input from the Southern government on these proposed changes?

In either case, I will not vote in favor of taking territory from my region any more than I anticipate the Southern senators would support taking territory away from theirs. I am personally content with the borders as they are and will likely not be voting for this bill in either form. I certainly intend on defending the integrity of Fremont's borders.

NAY.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 12:45:28 AM »

This amendment lacks sufficient votes for passage. Senators have 24 hours to change their vote.

WB's amendment comes next.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:00 AM »

With one vote in favor, eleven opposed, and six members not voting, Senator AGA's amendment is rejected.

An objection having been raised, a vote is open on Senator Weatherboy's amendment. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

Quote from: Amendment

Section 1. The Regions.

2. The northern Region shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

i. The Northeastern Subregion shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

ii. The Great Lakes Subregion shall consist of the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

3. The southern Region shall consist of the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

i. The Upper Southern Subregion shall consist of the states of Arkansas, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 01:39:46 AM »

Nay

I sense that there is no serious desire to alter the borders (thankfully). Let's just move to a final vote when this amendment fails next.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:54:09 AM »

Not enough votes to pass, 24 hours, etc.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 11:54:22 PM »

Failed, obviously.

Final vote. I'll pre-count Muad'dib's proxy vote.

Quote from: Final Senate Text
Philly Metro Area Belongs Together Constitutional Amendment

Section 1. The Regions.

2. The northern Region shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

i. The Northeastern Subregion shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Atlasian Virgin Islands.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 11:54:45 PM »

Nay
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 01:06:38 AM »

This amendment lacks sufficient votes for package. Senators have 24 hours to change their vote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2021, 05:56:45 PM »

It's dead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length