Los Angeles Mayor 2022: Bass vs Caruso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:31:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Los Angeles Mayor 2022: Bass vs Caruso
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Los Angeles Mayor 2022: Bass vs Caruso  (Read 12349 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2021, 06:10:04 AM »
« edited: November 22, 2021, 06:16:23 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Endorsed but until we get a New Gov homelessness is gonna keep being a problem they let all those homeless people and they have  hotels to lie on skid row, shameful it's no excuse to allow that, the Hotels are begging for renters now, before Pandemic it was hard but now they're begging and most of those homeless rather spend their SSA checks on drugs most of them drink or do drugs that they can do on SROs

Only a reform Gov will have the nerve to get rid of it

It's okay to have tents but not the mass tents you see on skid row, it's Tent City

Newsom won't get rid of the homeless crisis and he doesn't have the backbone

He only won the recall due to fact Biden Approvals were above 50% before the drop in October

He passed a stimulus and that won't be there for his Reelection he still is Fav but he won't win 63% Orange suburbs have once again soured on him

Costa Mesa, Anaheim and Trusting Suburbs
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2021, 03:28:43 PM »

Katie Porter endorses Bass

Greatttttttttttttttt. Orange county weirdos picking our mayor, wonderful.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2021, 09:06:25 PM »

Endorsed but until we get a New Gov homelessness is gonna keep being a problem they let all those homeless people and they have  hotels to lie on skid row, shameful it's no excuse to allow that, the Hotels are begging for renters now, before Pandemic it was hard but now they're begging and most of those homeless rather spend their SSA checks on drugs most of them drink or do drugs that they can do on SROs

Only a reform Gov will have the nerve to get rid of it

It's okay to have tents but not the mass tents you see on skid row, it's Tent City

Newsom won't get rid of the homeless crisis and he doesn't have the backbone

He only won the recall due to fact Biden Approvals were above 50% before the drop in October

He passed a stimulus and that won't be there for his Reelection he still is Fav but he won't win 63% Orange suburbs have once again soured on him

Costa Mesa, Anaheim and Trusting Suburbs
olawakandi, are you supporting Joey Buckets or Bass?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2021, 02:49:16 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2021, 02:59:27 AM by Canis »

Kevin De Leon's campaign is off to a pretty bad start

Also another reminder why Villanueva needs to go
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2021, 10:59:01 AM »

Two decent Dem candidates, but I'll be rooting for KdL. Was proud to vote for him as senator twice.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2021, 01:58:21 PM »

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-mayoral-candidates-to-meet-in-first-public-forum-on-sunday
First debate among the major candidates will be happening tonight Stonewall dems will vote to endorse after the debate so this will be interesting the forum should be streamed here. Karen Bass, Joe Buscaino, Kevin De Leon, Mike Feuer and Jessica Lall will be attending.
https://www.facebook.com/StonewallDemocraticClub

In other news, the LA county sheriff's race has gotten really ugly. Villanueva has accused Rhambo of being a member of one of the deputy gangs (While also claiming deputy gangs don't exist). Rhambo responded by sending a shirtless video to a reporter to prove he doesn't have any affiliated tattoos. Villanueva and Rhambo's campaign's have been blowing up my phone with texts attacking each other. Villanueva has also accused Rhambo of being a Republican who switched party affiliations to run for Sheriff.

Its pretty hilarious that Villanueva is accusing Rhambo of being a republican seeing as how just last week Villanueva headlined a LA county GOP fundraiser

I like Eric Strong's platform more than Rhambo but it seems pretty clear that the race is gonna come down to Rhambo vs Villanueva. Im not sure how I'm gonna vote in the primary yet but this is shaping up to be one of the most interesting and important races in the county.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2021, 05:53:38 PM »

It appears Buscaino and Leon have dropped out of the debate just 2 hours before it was supposed to start! In addition Craig Greiwe founder of Rise Together has been added to the debate. (First time I've heard of him lol)
thebeloitmoderate
Mexico

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2021, 06:20:14 PM »

Now this race for mayor is going to be very interesting given two democrats are competing in a already deep blue city and it is going to be more interesting if KB wins since Los Angeles if not California is home to one of the fastest shrinking African American communities in the country.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2021, 07:09:33 PM »

Its started

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2022, 03:54:01 PM by Canis »

De Leon and Buscaino took some major heat from Stonewall's president over pulling out last minute
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2021, 03:59:35 AM »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2022, 10:28:39 PM »

um ok
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2022, 03:44:12 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2022, 03:58:58 PM by Canis »

In a huge blow to Busciano's campaign former Republican now NPP Real estate developer Rick Caruso is in for LA Mayor. This greatly benefits KDL and maybe Feuer. As of now the conservative vote will be split between Buscaino and Caruso making it much harder for either of them to get enough support to enter the runoff.

In other News, KDL has picked up his first union endorsements with support of Unite 111 and UFW

um ok
Yeah, This is horrible. At the moment I'm in Eric Strong's camp atm but I'm probably not gonna campaign for him it's hard to trust any candidate for sheriff after Villanueva campaigned as a progressive.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2022, 04:08:04 PM »

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-mayoral-candidates-to-meet-in-first-public-forum-on-sunday
First debate among the major candidates will be happening tonight Stonewall dems will vote to endorse after the debate so this will be interesting the forum should be streamed here. Karen Bass, Joe Buscaino, Kevin De Leon, Mike Feuer and Jessica Lall will be attending.

In other news, the LA county sheriff's race has gotten really ugly. Villanueva has accused Rhambo of being a member of one of the deputy gangs (While also claiming deputy gangs don't exist). Rhambo responded by sending a shirtless video to a reporter to prove he doesn't have any affiliated tattoos. Villanueva and Rhambo's campaign's have been blowing up my phone with texts attacking each other. Villanueva has also accused Rhambo of being a Republican who switched party affiliations to run for Sheriff.

Its pretty hilarious that Villanueva is accusing Rhambo of being a republican seeing as how just last week Villanueva headlined a LA county GOP fundraiser

I like Eric Strong's platform more than Rhambo but it seems pretty clear that the race is gonna come down to Rhambo vs Villanueva. Im not sure how I'm gonna vote in the primary yet but this is shaping up to be one of the most interesting and important races in the county.

Caruso's entry will benefit Bass above everyone else by moving the Overton window even further to the Right and giving her a boogeyman to keep the Left in line while she drifts to the center. The arrogance behind his decision is hilarious though. I would bet Caruso ends up in fourth place, no matter what he spends, behind Bass, KDL, and Buscaino. The dude is delusional. Hopefully all the negative press he inevitably will receive will convince the USC Board of Trustees to dump this loser.

I'm guessing I'll end up voting for Rhambo just because Villanueva is so evil. But I might just not vote at this point. 
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2022, 05:18:56 PM »

Caruso's entry will benefit Bass above everyone else by moving the Overton window even further to the Right and giving her a boogeyman to keep the Left in line while she drifts to the center. The arrogance behind his decision is hilarious though. I would bet Caruso ends up in fourth place, no matter what he spends, behind Bass, KDL, and Buscaino. The dude is delusional. Hopefully all the negative press he inevitably will receive will convince the USC Board of Trustees to dump this loser.

I'm guessing I'll end up voting for Rhambo just because Villanueva is so evil. But I might just not vote at this point. 
Who are you backing for mayor>
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2022, 05:29:06 PM »

Karen Bass is gonna win this with ease
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »

Nobody. My focus, if I'm still in the city, will be primarying Mitch O'Farrrell. I expect I'll hold my nose and vote Bass. She's already disappointing me though.

We will have two ballot initiatives on homelessness. One will essentially criminalize it by banning "urban camping," like my hometown Denver did. Sadly, I expect it to pass by a similarly high margin. People have run out of sympathy, and while my religious and political beliefs urge me to never give up on the seemingly hopeless, I get that people are fed up. Where I live DT it is dangerous most of the time, there is literal human feces everywhere, and things need to improve from a health and safety standpoint.

However, just beating and arresting them is only going to prolong their homelessness. We need a carrot to match the stick, but I'm a lot less certain that people in the city will vote for the other ballot initiative, which will raise taxes on 5 million+ real estate transactions to pay for public housing. This is a good move, because the central problem in LA is income inequality. We just need some kind of big and bold investment that will drive prices down, and it's obviously not going to come from the real estate industry itself.

However, LA is a very classist and elitist place, and despite the fact that it would only negatively impact the .00001% of our population, you can expect the throngs who worship money to vote against it and plenty of "moderate" but uninformed voters to succumb to the propaganda from the real estate industry. It's gonna be a close call, but I wonder if it would be more likely to pass if Bass would be less cagey on whether she supports it. She is almost a shoo-in to win, and could expend the political capital for sure, but I'm disappointed that thus far she has been equivocal.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2022, 06:39:02 PM »

Nobody. My focus, if I'm still in the city, will be primarying Mitch O'Farrrell. I expect I'll hold my nose and vote Bass. She's already disappointing me though.

We will have two ballot initiatives on homelessness. One will essentially criminalize it by banning "urban camping," like my hometown Denver did. Sadly, I expect it to pass by a similarly high margin. People have run out of sympathy, and while my religious and political beliefs urge me to never give up on the seemingly hopeless, I get that people are fed up. Where I live DT it is dangerous most of the time, there is literal human feces everywhere, and things need to improve from a health and safety standpoint.

However, just beating and arresting them is only going to prolong their homelessness. We need a carrot to match the stick, but I'm a lot less certain that people in the city will vote for the other ballot initiative, which will raise taxes on 5 million+ real estate transactions to pay for public housing. This is a good move, because the central problem in LA is income inequality. We just need some kind of big and bold investment that will drive prices down, and it's obviously not going to come from the real estate industry itself.

However, LA is a very classist and elitist place, and despite the fact that it would only negatively impact the .00001% of our population, you can expect the throngs who worship money to vote against it and plenty of "moderate" but uninformed voters to succumb to the propaganda from the real estate industry. It's gonna be a close call, but I wonder if it would be more likely to pass if Bass would be less cagey on whether she supports it. She is almost a shoo-in to win, and could expend the political capital for sure, but I'm disappointed that thus far she has been equivocal.
I've been following that race closely! You're doing important work! Are you in Hugo's camp or Al's or someone else's?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2022, 01:05:28 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2022, 01:16:27 PM by Canis »

The first LA times poll of the race shows Bass as a lock to make the runoff with a huge amount of undecideds and Caruso and De Leon tied for second place at 8%.
Also in other News
KDL has picked up the endorsements of Former State Treasurer and Governors candidate John Chiang and Congresswoman Norma Torress

Many people in progressive circles are mad at Bass for her Public Safety and housing plans not going far enough in response at the last minute well known Progressive activist Gina Viola has entered the race likely in an attempt to push Bass to the left.

I'm probably gonna vote for Alex Gruenenfelder in the primary as long as Bass is a lock for a spot in the runoff I really believe in his platform and he aligns with me ideologically I know he doesn't stand much of a chance of winning but I really gotta give him props for doing some as brave as running for mayor at our age and from all accounts he's a good guy im meeting him soon too so that will help me decide based on the conversations I have with him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2022, 01:11:31 PM »

Karen Bass is gonna walk away with the election
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2022, 03:53:08 PM »

Rick Caruso's attending his first debate tonight he will likely be the target for every candidate on stage, especially Buscaino should be pretty entertaining.

Theirs also gonna be another forum held by BLM LA this Saturday to discuss the proposed people's budget with some of the minor candidates attending.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2022, 09:35:26 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2022, 09:39:33 PM by Interlocutor »

I caught a little bit of the last couple minutes on Fox11. It seemed to be Everyone vs Curuso, with Buscaino/Curuso taking up most of it from the first minute on (As expected). Apparently they started arguing within the first 5 minutes. Perhaps wisely, Bass tended to stay out of most of the arguing.

I very much doubt 5% of June voters were watching or even aware of this debate, but I'm very curious how the rest of the primary season is gonna go.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2022, 11:49:32 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2022, 08:52:47 PM by Canis »

I caught a little bit of the last couple minutes on Fox11. It seemed to be Everyone vs Curuso, with Buscaino/Curuso taking up most of it from the first minute on (As expected). Apparently they started arguing within the first 5 minutes. Perhaps wisely, Bass tended to stay out of most of the arguing.

I very much doubt 5% of June voters were watching or even aware of this debate, but I'm very curious how the rest of the primary season is gonna go.
Thats generally accurate KDL and Bass pretty much stayed out of the mix though Buscaino did attack Bass for suggesting that police shouldn't offer services to the unhoused saying that sending them their out their alone would endanger them and Bass responded that they could have law enforcement help them out if the situation became violent.

Caruso and Buscaino attacked each other the entire debate. Buscaino accused Caruso of not being conservative enough and Caruso accused him of being a failure and called all the other candidates on the stage failures saying that the homeless population exploded under their watch. Which was a pretty damn good line lol I don't like Caruso but whoever's running his campaigns got quite the brain.

Another funny moment from the debate was Feuer attacked Caruso for having a 100 million dollar yacht he's keeping in the cayman islands to avoid paying taxes on and challenged him to release his tax returns. Caruso accepted and asked all the candidates to release their tax returns and then brought up how Feurer's office was just raided by the FBI and how his chief of staff accused feuer of extortion.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-03-07/feuer-complaint-paul-paradis-dwp
https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/dwp-scandal-primer/

It was overall a really interesting debate, I'm not sure who id say won it but Caruso definitely had the most memorable moments and Bass and KDL also did okay. Buscaino and Feuer definitely lost it though Buscaino came across as desperate and none of his attacks on Caruso really landed.

That being said I'm not voting for any of the major candidates in the primary on principle their records and their stances on law enforcement and homelessness is out of line with my worldview and the city for the most part but these debates are helping me decide who I'll vote for in November.

Heres the link to the debate if any of yall wanna check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x03PYYkwGWY
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2022, 01:48:25 PM »

Caruso is basically the Bloomberg of the race. He got in because he can put a ton of money into running and possibly grab the second slot in the runoff just from reaching enough undecided voters with ads.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2022, 07:07:46 PM »

Caruso is basically the Bloomberg of the race. He got in because he can put a ton of money into running and possibly grab the second slot in the runoff just from reaching enough undecided voters with ads.
Yup and Buscaino are the Eric Adams of the race hopefully they split the conservative vote and let two not-awful candidates advance to the runoff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies