Los Angeles Mayor 2022: Bass vs Caruso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:26:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Los Angeles Mayor 2022: Bass vs Caruso
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Los Angeles Mayor 2022: Bass vs Caruso  (Read 12338 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2021, 12:16:37 PM »
« edited: August 23, 2022, 03:28:20 PM by Canis »

I like Kevin a lot as many of you know I volunteered for him for months when he was running against Difi. I might not vote for him though. According to the progressive groups I'm in Karen Bass is poised to enter the race soon as well as Nury Martinez the city council president. It's shaping up to be an interesting race! I wish we had RCV like NYC does.
How do you all see this race going?
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 12:19:26 PM »

Nothing against Kevin, but I hope Karen Bass wins if she wants it
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 12:32:29 PM »

Is he going to lose again?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 12:38:18 PM »

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-09-16/la-me-council-president-nury-martinez-mayor
Nury Martinez is officially out wow is Kevin clearing the field? Or is this in anticipation of Bass hopping in?
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 12:38:50 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2021, 12:42:50 PM by America needs Fred Phelps »

I used to live in Bass' district, and now KDL is my councilmember.

tbh I'm for Bass, she seems more competent overall and much better at constituent services. Haven't heard that much from KDL.

Plus Bass has much more experience and solid progressive bona fides. KDL is a NIMBY.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »

I really wish he had beaten Feinstein. For all the talk about Joe Biden possibly having dementia, Feinstein definitely does.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »

It's hard to see de Leon or anyone else clearing the field. When the mayor's seat is open there is going to be a decent sized field because several people will want to take their opportunity.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 03:03:28 PM »

Just run for Mayor of Eureka.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »

Meh. He's alright, but I'm 100% supporting Bass.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 05:16:17 PM »

I really wish he had beaten Feinstein. For all the talk about Joe Biden possibly having dementia, Feinstein definitely does.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 07:51:07 PM »

I know he's already posted in here but:

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 07:51:43 PM »

Anyway, I really hope Karen Bass enters the race sooner than later. The candidate field is not impressing me at all right now.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 07:58:49 PM »

Go Léon! Be the mayor LA needs!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 08:05:28 PM »

I guarantee the Bass talk is based off redistricting. There's a solid chance the shrinking AA population in S/SE LA get all put into one seat. So mayor of LA is the backup plan if it happens.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 08:13:50 PM »

I know he's already posted in here but:

Is Batman supposed to be me? Losing every VRA House district in Los Angeles and Orange Counties is quite an embarrassment. Remember in 2018 that Ed Hernandez won Hacienda Heights and Santa Ana for lieutenant governor. De Leon is delusional and won’t become mayor.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 08:37:03 PM »

It's weird looking at 'vin's website and seeing his photos where he is much older than the image I have of him (created by the portrait on wikipedia)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 12:16:46 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2021, 01:18:50 PM by Canis »

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-city-attorney-mike-feuer-wants-to-double-size-of-city-council-slash-salaries/
Los Angeles City Atty. Mike Feuer said Monday that if elected mayor, he would pursue a ballot measure to double the number of City Council districts — while also slashing the salaries of each council member
Doubling the size of the city council is something I 100% support heck id even support tripling it. The city council has way too few members for how populous Los Angeles is. Most people have no idea who their city council member is because of how huge the districts are. I hope KDL and Bass (if she enters support a policy along these lines as well.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2021, 12:21:55 PM »

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-city-attorney-mike-feuer-wants-to-double-size-of-city-council-slash-salaries/
Los Angeles City Atty. Mike Feuer said Monday that if elected mayor, he would pursue a ballot measure to double the number of City Council districts — while also slashing the salaries of each council member
Doubling the size of the city council is something I 100% support heck id even support tripling it. The city council has a way too few members for how populous Los Angeles is. Most people have no idea who their city council member is because of how huge the districts are. I hope KDL and Bass (if she enters support a policy along these lines as well.

Yes. Yes. Yes. And they earn way too much.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2021, 01:08:48 PM »

Doubling the size of the city council is something I 100% support heck id even support tripling it. The city council has a way too few members for how populous Los Angeles is. Most people have no idea who their city council member is because of how huge the districts are. I hope KDL and Bass (if she enters support a policy along these lines as well.

Yes. Yes. Yes. And they earn way too much.
Amen brother
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2021, 02:22:01 PM »

Doubling the size of the city council is something I 100% support heck id even support tripling it. The city council has way too few members for how populous Los Angeles is. Most people have no idea who their city council member is because of how huge the districts are. I hope KDL and Bass (if she enters support a policy along these lines as well.
Well now I know who to support.  I think most cities should consider this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »

I'm not quite sure how doubling the council would go over with voters since that sort of thing can be a hard sell even in a liberal area. Of course it might be appeal to the San Fernando Valley which has often felt forgotten by the city as a whole.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2021, 05:45:31 PM »

I'm not quite sure how doubling the council would go over with voters since that sort of thing can be a hard sell even in a liberal area. Of course it might be appeal to the San Fernando Valley which has often felt forgotten by the city as a whole.

Can easily pass is sold as a way to create more opportunities to service minority communities and provide adequate presentation.
JMT

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 09:28:49 AM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2021, 11:50:27 AM »

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-09-24/rep-karen-bass-intends-to-announce-a-run-for-los-angeles-mayor
U.S. Rep Karen Bass (D-Los Angeles) intends to launch a campaign for Los Angeles mayor, joining a field of candidates that has rapidly grown over the past week, according to three people familiar with her plans.

Such a move would deliver another shakeup to a contest that had been a sleepy affair for much of the year. Bass, a high-profile Democrat who has served in both Sacramento and Washington, D.C., could announce her entry into the mayor’s race early as next week, those sources told The Times.

If Bass enters the race, she would be a formidable competitor, said Los Angeles City Councilman Mark Ridley-Thomas, who described himself as an ally of Bass since 1978.

“Los Angeles is in need of leadership that can bring us together and that can inspire, and I think she is uniquely gifted in that way,” he said. “And it’s what I expect will become rather immediately apparent once she makes her announcement known.”
JMT

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2021, 11:30:09 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies