Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:06:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)  (Read 5803 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: September 18, 2021, 11:22:59 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2021, 11:31:38 PM by President-elect Scott🎃 »

Jackson, Wyoming1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on cable news

Hello, Jackson! What a warm welcome. I am so grateful to see you all, my friends and fellow Jacksonites. And to all people who traveled far and wide. Wyoming is truly home to me, and it is humbling to see a crowd like this and be able to speak to you today.

I have said before, and I continue to believe, that the malaise we are experiencing now puts our nation at a crossroads. Despite that, I'm fired up. And I am so fortunate to see people here of all ages, races, men, women, our LGBT community. You all came here to be part of a great journey. You came here because you want to join our fight for equality, for justice, for decent living standards, for workers' rights, for liberty, for a return to normalcy.

Our enemy is not the Federalists. It's not the Democratic Alliance. It's not the Peace Party. No. Our enemy is malaise. Our enemy is that creeping feeling that Atlasia is dying. It is a lack of civic nationalism and engagement. It is that lack of activity which weakens the foundation of the country we both love. And we are going to get Nyman working again, for the people.

When our nation was divided and engaged in civil war, Abraham Lincoln, through his will and his words, unified our nation and freed a people. Like now, President Lincoln faced uncertainty and doubt. And today, as we work to end this pandemic and return our country to a state of normalcy, the same grit that empowered our soldiers, who fought to keep our nation whole, exists within us.

As senator and PPT, I championed initiatives to help the working, and the vulnerable, citizens of this country. Under my leadership, we passed a UBI bill specifically directed toward families and children. I have been a proponent of UBI since the start of this pandemic. And although it was at first unpopular, even within my own party, we took this pandemic as an opportunity to uplift the people who lost their jobs, who couldn't afford to pay their rent, who had to choose between housing and food. Now we have expanded the welfare state; we have built what, I famously called, the New Great Society.

We can be the generation that ends poverty. We can be the generation that ends the school-to-prison pipeline. And we have done that - often with bipartisan support. But our work does not end here.

It is time to finish the work that needs to be done. We must insist on active legislators, and an active GM Department. That is a promise that must be fulfilled.

And that is why I am running for President of the Republic of Atlasia.

President Sev informed me today that he is not running for reelection, and we spoke candidly about our real life struggles. Sev is a good man. I love him like a brother. Let's give the President a round of applause for his service to this country, and wish him well in all his endeavors.

Thank you.

Folks, you know that it takes more than one person to rejuvenate our country. And we need active, engaged leadership more than ever. That, I can also promise you, will be my top priority as president. I vow to select a running mate who promises a hands-on approach to governing as well.

As PPT, I have taken a diplomatic approach to reach across the aisle. In that regard, we have been successful. And you can check the Sev White House to see how much we have accomplished.

While I am by no means perfect, I am heavily guided by my faith in the Lord in my approach to all things. And while I have made missteps, I use those experiences to learn and grow as a person, as a Christian. A great society is one that uplifts the poor and the disabled. I believe we are the hands and feet of God, and I am unapologetically guided by that moral compass instilled in me by my mother, who passed away just two days short of a year.

Throughout my trials, I have learned the value of independence and hard work. Of self-sufficiency. Of family.

And I will continue to lead by these moral values as your president.

Over the coming weeks, I will be taking a 'listening tour' across the country. I will demonstrate my commitment to activity by campaigning in every region.

And that includes Lincoln. My friends, I am committed to preserving our union. This is not the first time radical secessionists have tried to seize control of regions or states. As First Minister, I, along with federal officials, suppressed attempts to separate Alaska from the union. That ultimately led to the creation of the Fremont National Guard.

I am in this race not only to win, but to transform our nation and renew confidence in both our citizens and our elected officials. If you, like me, are ready to shake off the growing apathy that is metastasizing in our country, I hope you will join me on this great journey.

Together, we can lead a revival and make Atlasia great again.

Thank you very much, everybody. Let's get to work. Let's be the change we want to see.

1.Getty

Scott's New Great Society Plan
Activity
Ethics and Consistency
Jobs
Education
Affordable Housing
Environmental Renewal and Conservation
Foreign Policy
Immigration
Protecting the Right to Bear Arms
Trade, Internationalism, and Defense

Public Announcements and Speeches
Running mate announcement for Battista Minola
Speech at Liberty University
Speech at Unity, New Hampshire
Speech at the Democratic Alliance National Convention
Public statement on the replacement of GM Peanut
Statement on new councils and cabinet positions
Speech at Labor Party National Convention in Barre, VT
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 06:22:19 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2021, 03:49:41 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Education

Norfolk, Virginia1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Good evening, Norfolk!

Yes, my friends, Norfolk - my current real-life residence. I want this campaign to be as much of a reflection on the many great cities and communities that I have been a part of as a reflection on the kind of leadership I will bring to the White House.

But first, I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming support I've gotten from both Labor and from other parties as well, particularly the DA which, as recent history has shown, we've gotten into some great campaign battles in our NPC days. I want to directly thank my good friend and DA Chair, Senator Weatherboy, my former Senate opponent, Utah Neolib, Fremont Member of Parliament AustralianSwingVoter - one of the center-right voices within the DA, former everything and most recent GM Lumine, a man for whom I've always had great respect in all his years of service, and Siren - a great personal friend of mine who I go almost a decade back with.

I am truly humbled to have this support, and it gives me utmost confidence that we'll deliver a smashing victory for our campaign of reform of rejuvenation!

I have a real-life anecdote to share that actually happened to me just yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting one of my neighbors - let's call her Lucy - who has been at my current place of residence much shorter than I have. She, like so many mothers in my city, has been fighting to keep her son off the streets. Like me, she has also lost close family members within the past year, including a brother of hers who died in California and whose funeral she was forced to watch livestreamed. Like me, she is another "lone wolf" who has little nearby family and is now trying to make it here on her own in a rough neighborhood.

But she had instilled in her son the very same kinds of values my own mother did in me: to study hard, to work hard, and to aim higher than "life on the streets". That is a recipe for success that so many Black mothers like Lucy are trying to raise their children on, so that even in poor and high-crime communities like here in Norfolk, the odds which might be against you need not define your destiny. Lucy told me about what drugs and addiction have done to her aging mother with COPD.

Those of you know me know I did not come from Norfolk. I grew up in a small town, a wealthy suburb. And I can say without a single doubt that hearing about the struggles of the inner-cities is very different from experiencing and witnessing these problems yourself.

What I want to talk to you all about today is education. Education is what is often called the great equalizer. And although it's not an issue we hear little about from politicians today, it nevertheless is what helps determine what kind of direction a life a person is going to take.

I don't want to pit private schools against public schools, against homeschooling, against charter schools, against parochial schools like the several Catholic schools here in Norfolk. No, the Scott plan for education is an all-of-the-above approach. I am strongly of the belief that parents should be able to send their kids wherever they are best served.

I want to empower our public schools by doing some of what we did in Fremont: altering curriculums to include real, hands-on life skills that is relevant to all people. This includes basic financial literacy. This includes classes that promote civic engagement like current events. Many of these things are typically offered in colleges. But these are vital skills we should be teaching all our students and young adults.

I want community college to be tuition-free, and I want us to take a practical and transformative approach to education that does not pressure our kids into feeling like their only choice is between a lifetime of debt or foregoing higher education completely.

Because success in life looks different for everybody, and making our colleges more affordable includes more than just forgiving debt; it includes insisting that colleges lower their tuition and going back-to-basics on what higher education really means.

From a policy standpoint, this includes studying the impact of vouchers while making our public schools the best in the world. In Finland, students can expect to receive a world quality education regardless of where they go to school. We will have standards, but we are also going to not overburden our teachers and students with ineffectual "kill, drill, bubble-fill" over-testing that fails to adequately measure our students' true potential.

Under the Scott education plan, everybody wins. Teachers win, parents win, students win. And taxpayers win too, because they will be seeing their own investments pay off as we work to eliminate poverty and create a generation of winners, and people who are free to succeed on their own terms based on their own unique strengths!

And this is not an issue that I do not intend to act alone on. Not a single member of our community will be excluded from the table. I want to open a constructive dialogue between all people in our primary and higher-education systems. And we need active legislators who are willing to facilitate that dialogue, as so will my administration.

The goal is to aim for a society where all may succeed regardless of educational background, while also exposing our students to the array of options that exist. To our future scientists, engineers, and yes, even artists - a sadly neglected field which is typically set aside in national conversations on education.

Investing in the arts is yet another component of my education plan, as I believe it is essential to our great writers, visual artists, musicians, and actors - many of whom I met as a student at Catawba College in North Carolina, an excellent church-affiliated school which trains performers in theater as well as music.

And while we're at it, let's put the culture wars in education aside. I believe that teaching our students to love and care about their country need not be separated from teaching them about the mistakes from our past. On the contrary, growing and developing as a people are paramount to keeping Atlasia great, and empowering our students to make it even greater. We should not 'coddle' our students by either censoring or whitewashing the darker elements of our past. And we must also keep our students engaged and willing to learn.

Like we view the states and regions of our country as the "laboratories of democracy", we must view our classrooms as the laboratories of innovation. To that point, I promise our teachers the autonomy to experiment with new teaching skills, and with that our students may be exposed to a rich diversity of learning styles throughout their academic careers.

Thank you once again to all my supporters, and to those who decided to join me today. I will continue touring the country throughout my campaign, and I am excited to announce that this Friday, my running mate will officially be unveiled.

Stay tuned for great things, my friends. I can assure you that even in current times, there is great reason for hope and optimism in our nation.

Thank you, Norfolk!

1. Photo by Norfolk Mermaids
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:16:58 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2021, 03:50:49 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Jobs

Youngstown, Ohio1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Hello, Youngstown!

You know, I've had the chance to meet with a lot of you today, traveling throughout the state to hear your concerns, and the things you prioritize most for the upcoming administration. I've met people who've spent their entire lives here, including parents who feel left behind when their children leave the state for college and new job opportunities elsewhere.

Someone on the forum summarized the problem that these cities face today, alongside COVID and the other challenges facing the country: essentially, the "New Economy" has grown, leaving behind the "Old Economy" in cities like Youngstown, where manufacturing was king and unions built these cities, to ensure a decent standard of living, and retirement, for all. A college education wasn't necessary to succeed and raise a family. Opportunity for all working-class people was abundant. But as we see businesses and people flee the state, their economy weakens. You know, our nation's economy is strong on paper. But you wouldn't know it from interacting with so many of these fine people.

Amazon recently announced its plan to invest in new "factory towns" to help communities where job opportunities are scarce. When I heard this news, I had some mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I know that an Amazon job is better than no job at all. Amazon also provides a vital service by doing business here, rather than overseas. But I think you'll all agree with me that we must demand not just jobs, but good jobs. Good-paying jobs, with humane working conditions, and a labor force that ensures accountability, and unions which ensure a fair playing field between labor and capital.

We need, and I believe we will have, a manufacturing renaissance for places like Youngstown. While the importance of education, as I alluded to in my speech last night, is of great value to me, you shouldn't need a degree from Harvard or Yale to realize the Atlasian dream. You shouldn't need to choose between having five different jobs to support your family, or to joining the drug trade which has ravaged our old manufacturing capitals and continues to kill countless desperate Atlasians.

Addiction, in particular, is a personal issue to me, for today marks one year since I lost my mother to a drug overdose.

But the solutions to these problems lie right here in Atlasia, in the wealthiest country on earth. It is unacceptable that these economic woes continue to drive this epidemic of addiction, when the top 1% own more than half the wealth.

What we need to do is bring the parties in the Senate together, to plan massive investments in both our infrastructure. We're going to ask the very rich to pay their fair share, for how much they have benefited from the existing infrastructure that allows them to prosper. Simply put: we need to redistribute wealth from the "New Economy", to the "Old Economy".

And once again, we need to insist on not just jobs, but good jobs. Amazon's plans for these communities are good, but we must also insist that they pay their taxes, that they pay their workers living wages so that they're not dependent on food stamps, that their fulfillment centers have oversight and resources for their workers. Given the burnout and turnover rates we see at these fulfillment centers, something is very clearly wrong. And that relationship between labor and capital, in that regard, is skewed far much toward the side of the latter.

We need open trade, but we need a trade policy that works for everyone. This international effort, to put an end to tax havens, will force large corporations to play by the same rules as everybody else - particularly small business owners who have as much of a right to succeed as Mr. Jeff Bezos, and so many others who made their way to the top in this economy.

My administration will not be an assault on business. What I support is a low corporate tax in exchange for higher taxation on capital gains. What I support is paid vacation days for the people who, collectively, make these corporations as successful as they are.

My administration will recognize the dignity of the working men and women of our country. People of all races, orientations, and abilities.

I reiterate that these solutions can be found right here at home. Not in China, which has taken advantage of our manufacturing base. We are going to keep people in Youngstown. We are going to build on our infrastructure, and use that infrastructure to build a new road: a golden road to success.

Collectively, we will demand more than half a loaf. You will do so because you're the damn bakers! And you will have an ally in the White House who will work tirelessly for fairness, for justice, for better living standards, for our retirees, and for their children who have high hopes but low confidence in what the fruits of their labor will bring to them.

Youngstown, it has been such an honor meeting with you all of you today and having the opportunity to speak with you. A society where strong communal ties abound is Atlasia at its best, and that is exactly what we're going to aim for after we win in October.

Thank you, Youngstown! Dave bless you, and Dave bless all our workers.

1. https://lindaontherun.com/things-to-do-in-youngstown-ohio/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 06:31:19 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2021, 10:37:38 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

On Housing

New York, New York1

How are we doing, New York?!

Tonight I'm very happy to announce we have a very special guest with us! But before I introduce him, I'd like to unveil our campaign's plan for more affordable housing. New York is, as you all well know, one of the most expensive cities to live in the Republic of Atlasia. It is, followed by San Francisco and Honolulu, in fact the most expensive city in the country. This is not the fault of any one individual, but it is a growing problem that politicians have only exacerbated with well-intentioned but ultimately misguided policies. Our campaign has solutions to curb this problem.

First, we must acknowledge that strict rent control policies are a failed experiment. The problem is simple: by creating the uncertainty that landowners will be able to turn a profit on what they rent out, or not have the ability to discharge those who are not making good-faith efforts to pay their rent, we discourage new landowners from investing in new housing. This, ultimately, leads to housing shortages. This is a lose-lose situation. And it is a problem that compounds itself.

This isn't a matter of ideology, it's simply bad policy! And economists from all across the spectrum agree that strict rent control, combined with the 'NIMBY' attitudes that discourage further development, is a bad deal for both owners and renters. And I must stress, my friends, that not all landlords are wealthy. Like renters, they are simply folks trying to get by. This is not always the case, as I can attest to in my own experience with a problem landlord, but they still play a vital role in our housing market. The laws of economics still very much apply.

So what is our solution, in addition to discouraging strict rent controls on both the federal and local levels? Build, baby, build. We want to invest part of new infrastructure spending into new public housing, more social spending targeted toward low-income tenets. We're also going to pressure states and localities to better enforce existing building codes. This means that landlords can't cut corners by being paid under the table, or housing people in unsanitary conditions. I have experienced this. My mother experienced this. And my administration will insist that renters get what they are entitled to, including fair treatment and reasonable living standards.

In addition, we also propose working toward something that, I, personally, have always felt essential to a more fair society: more home ownership. My special guest this evening will soon be unveiling a plan that I have endorsed, spearheaded by him and Tmth. Essentially, the proposed bill would create a program, similar to Health Savings Accounts, for first-time home buyers. It will enable individuals to set a maximum $3,000 contribution, and $6,000 for married couples filing a joint tax return, to claim deductions for the purpose of purchasing new homes.

And now, to expand on this bipartisan initiative, I am proud to introduce you all to our guest speaker, my good friend, DA Chair and Senator Weatherboy!! Weatherboy, come on up!

1. https://www.theoutbound.com/new-york/photography/photograph-manhattan-bridge-from-washington-street-nyc/photos#photo-212143
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 12:05:01 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2021, 12:12:32 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

RUNNING MATE ANNOUNCEMENT

Cheyenne, Wyoming1

Hello, Cheyenne!

In the process of this campaign, I’ve taken great strides to search for a leader who can join me in my journey to unite the country and deliver for the Atlasian people. This, much like my decision to run for the presidency for the first time itself, was not made hastefully. It was not also made alone, as I’ve worked with prominent people within Labor to select a governing partner who can reinforce our campaign’s message of honor, and decency, and integrity, as well as bring his or her own unique experiences and perspectives to the White House.

I’ve found a leader who shares my goal of an honest, open, and active government. A leader who understands the challenges that everyday Atlasians face, and has the heart to lead with the conviction of a moral and just nation. A leader who’s built himself on the trust of those he serves. And above all, a leader who can step in and be the president.

And he’ll be a leader who will bring, I think, something a little different to the table.

Today, I’ve come to Cheyenne to announce my running mate, my choice to be our next Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia, and a man of distinguished decency and grace - the Honorable Battista Minola.

Battista Minola is one of the great, moral voices of a new generation of Atlasians. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge about international affairs, one of my top priorities for a reinvigorated Atlasia, and a reputation for diplomacy, empathy, and agreeableness. Like me, he is a person of faith, and what drives him in politics is that common, pluralistic vision for a more equal and just society.

We sat down during the vetting process and compared our political stances so that there can be no disunity in a Scott administration, and I have the utmost confidence that Battista will always be on the side that supports equal opportunity and liberty for all people, both here and abroad.

Atlasia is coming back. As we speak, the current administration is already preparing for a strenuous foreign policy agenda. We’re going to address threats from countries like China in a safe and responsible way. And while we intend to uphold our promises to the international community, there is broad agreement that sometimes, disagreeing with our allies constructively is necessary for long-term peace and stability.

With that said, I’m proud to introduce you all to my good friend, the next Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia, MP Battista Minola!!!

1. http://www.wyomingcapitolsquare.com/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2021, 08:58:45 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Environmental Renewal/Conservation

Miami, Florida1

Good morning, Miami!

So if you've been paying attention to Senate business over the session, we've been debating a number of environmental reforms. Incidentally, this is an issue where I give my opponent, Senator Spark, due credit for recognizing the existential crisis that is climate change. The people of Miami are rightly concerned about the impact of rising sea levels, as is all of Florida as this state is faced with a growing number of natural disasters and hurricanes in recent decades.

I think most of you would agree that climate change is, quite arguably the largest issue facing us today. We can talk all day about healthcare, about our plans for infrastructure and workers, and we're not going to stop fighting on these causes by any means. But anyone who takes an objective look at the situation knows that we cannot make progress on any of these things while our environment continues to deteriorate.

Stewardship to the planet must be a value we instill in our culture and demand accountability for in our leaders. Because if the planet fails, we all fail.

Now, Senator Spark has proposed a lot of initiatives for encouraging green technology and infrastructure. That is a very worthy goal that I am happy to work with him and anybody else on. But with respect to Senator Spark, his legislation lacks in crucial details, as well as funding, to put those ideas into action. My friends, resolutions and empty wish lists are not going to remedy our environmental crises.

I'm proud to say that I was one of the deciding votes for the Red-Green New Deal, which Labor supported and the Federalists opposed. I am proud of our record and progress on this issue, and I will continue to uphold all its tenets in my administration.

And as we transition to a green economy, we must not leave our hardworking miners, many of whom have been displaced by automation and outsourcing in China, behind. We need to invest in new training. We need to keep our miners and their families afloat. They are regrettably the forgotten people in our climate talks. These are good men who want nothing more than to support their families and sustain themselves. The enemy is not the miner, nor the natural gas worker.

But the elephant in the room is those countries in the Pacific which have not curbed their pollution. Although we are in precarious and uncertain times with respect to China's acts of aggression against Taiwan, we can use this opportunity to simultaneously open fair trade and alliances with our friends in the Pacific. I want us to reach out to our allies in Korea and Japan, for a common goal of curbing emissions and cleaning pollution.

Atlasia simply cannot solve this crisis by ourselves. We must insist on strong environmental standards as a condition of trade. Failing that collective effort, all our domestic initiatives will ultimately fail to save our planet.

And this hearkens back to my promise to re-engage Atlasia with the world under our new State Department. Our approach to international relations must be "Atlasia first", but we must fully reject the premise of "Atlasia alone". We need to prepare developing countries with the tools to transition to sustainability. We need to reinforce our standing as a world leader once again. And if I'm fortunate to be elected next month, that will be my top priority as Commander-in-Chief.

The Scott/Minola plan for saving the environment is simple: global cooperation toward a common goal. And I believe we can do it. It's a goal that must be long-term, and it's a goal that we're not going to accomplish under a single term. But Atlasia has and is demonstrating its commitment to sustainability under the law we passed in December. Now we need our friends to do the same.

And with your help, with your support, we are going to demand just that. It is my and Battista's conviction that Atlasia has a responsibility to hold other countries' governments to account on this issue as much as our own.

The solutions are here. We just need the willpower and competent leaders to put these proposals into action. All our diplomats are as dedicated to conservation as they are to political stability and human rights. And all of us are in this for the long haul.

Now Miami, I'll be taking a brief campaign break at one of your fabulous beaches. Thank you for having me. Dave bless you, Dave bless Florida, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!!!

1. https://www.outfrontmedia.com/find-your-market/miami
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »

Speech at Liberty University

Liberty University1
Lynchburg, Virginia

Good evening, Liberty University! I must say I am honored to have been given this opportunity to speak to you all tonight.

And I must say that the warm welcome I received from so many of the students here has been nothing short of congenial. While we differ on some hot button issues, communication is essential to uniting this country once again. And while I suspect that most of the students here will ultimately prefer Senator Spark, I came here to offer a fresh alternative as we decide which direction our country, and the game, are going to go.

I have made faith a key part of my campaign. Battista and I are forging, what I like to call, the Religious Rainbow coalition. Jesus never excluded people, and neither do we. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are called upon to reject our material needs and rely solely on the Lord. I learned this lesson when I lost my father, and I certainly learned it when I was taking care of my sick mother. It is that mission, that universal obligation, to care for the sick and the vulnerable. On this mission, I believe we are united.

Battista and I are dedicated to changing Nyman from the bottom-up. Moral leadership, regardless of where you stand, is something we all aspire for. It is something we demand of ourselves and our leaders. And where we may be divided, those differences pale in our unity. In our faith. In our values.

Those values include uplifting the poor. Those values include helping the vulnerable. The sick, the destitute, those fighting addiction, the soldier who fights to protect our freedom, only to come home and battle PTSD and homelessness.

We owe it to those people, as stewards of the Lord, to help all people regardless of their background or their struggles. I've said it before, and I will say it again: we are the hands and feet of God.

And our New Great Society fulfills just that.

Now these differences must be acknowledged. I support the right for same-sex couples to marry and have children. I believe that a woman ought to control her own body.

Those are my views, and I very much stand by them. I never change my views to pander for political expediency. But I also believe that instead of shouting at each other, we must come together and acknowledge our differences. We need that dialogue. We must be willing to leave our comfort zones and make good-faith attempts to build consensus.

And there are many issues, I suspect, we are in agreement on. Issues that directly affect the well-being of all our citizens - regardless of religion or lack thereof.

I am no saint. I have made many missteps in my life, both in the game and in real life. Like all of you, I try to better understand morality and live by my faith. And like you, where I stumble, I take lessons from those mistakes and use them to grow as a better human being.

So as I conclude this speech, I implore all of us to stand with the poor, and the hardworking men and women of this great country. To uphold moral leadership. To take on the "owning class" that forces people to live on food stamps and work long hours for little pay, while the millionaires and billionaires continue to grow their wealth - money that they don't even know what to do with. I assure you, Battista and I share that same moral compass. We will govern by common principles.

And like you, we will fight for a more just society.

Thank you all very much. Dave bless all of you. Dave bless this university, this great state, this great region, this great nation.

1. https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/08/27/we-couldve-avoided-this-liberty-university-students-frustrated-over-campus-wide-quarantine/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 08:00:11 AM »

Get out of my region. Angry We don't take kindly to those who hold up the Bible and lie in these parts.

(Patrick Semansky/AP Photo)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »

On Activity
aka "Why you should vote for Labor"

Louisville, Kentucky1

HELLO, LOUISVILLE!

Well, this campaign has certainly taken an... interesting turn. But you know, in spite of all the negativity, the personal attacks, the lying, I'm fired up. I am fired up! How about you, Louisville?!

I thought so!!

So the question has been raised: which candidate can be more trusted to rejuvenate activity? And what are our plans to do it? Furthermore, why vote for Labor? Well, I'll tell you why.

I don't want to be your president as a member of the Labor Party because it's the "natural governing party". I don't want to be your president to uphold the status quo. Quite the contrary, in fact.

What I want for Atlasia is a culture of civic engagement, and accountability for the people in our government. That's going to require making some tough decisions. And one of those tough decisions pertains to the status of our GM Department.

I don't need to tell you folks, that the GM Department has not been delivering for the Atlasian people. And while I respect GM Peanut personally, the current pace of his activity is simply not working to the benefit of the game.

As China prepares its attack on Taiwan, the State Department and the NSC lack the information necessary to make the necessary decisions that will protect the Republic of China and use diplomatic efforts to improve our relations with the Arab world - which are actually worse than OTL. And, to push for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine. To address the situation in Paflagonia, which recently had an election we still do not know the results for. To work with the Korean government in unification and helping them establish a free, democratic state. We can't do any of that under current leadership in this department!

I can tell you this: as your president, my first act in office will be to appoint a new head of our GM Department. I will appoint somebody who's trustworthy, who's creative, innovative, and of course, consistently active.

That is a promise, and I fully expect the people to hold me to it, in the same way that I will insist upon consistency from our new GM.

The lack of activity is not a partisan issue, it is an Atlasian issue. And it is incumbent upon us to demand more from those in power. And believe me, folks, I don't exclude myself from that group, either.

Because I am not running to be the Labor Party's president, I am running to be your president.

And even now, we are seeing signs of activity from our new Secretary of State, whom I recently spoke with along with our new National Security Council. I promise you that foreign policy will once again be relevant in this game. It is my conviction that an active GM is imperative to solving the malaise we are currently experiencing. That, I can guarantee you, will happen under a Scott/Minola administration.

Now while our friends on the other side campaign on negativity and personal attacks, what we are offering is reason to be optimistic about the future of this great land. Because it's not just about party, as I've had several members of the Democratic Alliance and even the Federalist Party endorse our campaign; it is about character. It is about activity. It is about the issues. That is what I intend to continue running on. And that is what is going to sweep us to victory in October!

Thank you, my friends! Yes!! That enthusiasm is what I love to hear!!!

So let's put the negative and desperate attacks aside. Let's talk about what the people of Atlasia want. Let's talk about activity. Let's talk about jobs. Let's talk about protecting AtlasCare. Let's talk about trade. Let's talk about the environment. Let's talk about ways to get you, the people of this great nation that I love so dearly, personally invested in our future. The future of Atlasia. The future of our world.

Dave bless all of you for having me here today!

Thank you, everybody! Say hi to the Governor for me!

1. https://www.visittheusa.com/destination/louisville
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 03:28:43 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2021, 10:20:01 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Foreign Policy

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania1

Hello, Philly!

Before I begin, I would like to welcome Senator Cao to the race. I hope to anticipate an issues-focused, drama-free campaign over these next few weeks.

So folks, you know I've spoken a little bit about my foreign policy in past campaign speeches. This is a policy area that, we all know, has been sorely neglected for many months. And it also hearkens back to my emphasis on the GM Department's role in bringing activity to the game. So I want to reemphasize my commitment to an active GM Department that will guide us through these rocky waves over the coming months.

Indeed, while I still respect GM Peanut, I do believe it's time for a new direction. For a GM who can provide us more consistency and less uncertainty, especially as our security team scrambles to respond to the imminent threaten to Taiwan.

For the sake of brevity, I will list the relevant foreign policy issues that we must face head on under the next administration, and how I will lead as Commander-in-Chief in making our nation a force for peace:

1. China and Taiwan - This is the most glaring issue facing us today. Recently, the Senate passed an administration-endorsed resolution guaranteeing Taiwan support against the PRC. Now while I believe Atlasia ought to honor its alliances, I have also voiced my concern about escalation. Direct military confrontation with any nuclear power puts our safety in a vulnerable position, and escalation into such with China could easily put us into conflict with Russia as well. My administration will do all that is necessary to avoid a new World War that will all but guarantee mutually-assured destruction, and therefore the end of human life as we know it. Peace and diplomacy will always be my guiding principles.

2. Korean reunification - North Korea overwhelmingly voted FOR reunification and South Korea passed a resolution recognizing the start of the reunification process, leading to the start of talks in Pyongyang. As president, I will ask our State Department to proceed with mediating the reunification process, which will lead to stability between the countries and place a counterweight on China's power.

3. Israeli and Arab relations - Believe it or not, our relations with the Arab world are actually worse than they are OTL. Saudi Arabia's use of the death penalty against homosexuals has soured our relations with the kingdom. Let me say this: I will not compromise Atlasia's support for human rights abroad.

But I believe that aiding in the creation of a Palestinian state will open a gateway to the Arab world. I will work with Prime Minister Gantz in a way that works to the benefit of Israelis, Israeli-Arabs, and the Palestinian people. I support Israel's right to exist, but I am strongly opposed to the illegal settlement building in the West Bank, and I will make the two-state solution a priority in my administration.

The UAE will also be instrumental in forging a new path forward for our relations with the Arab world.

4. Afghanistan - While we still need inquiry from the GM as to the status of our presence in Afghanistan and opposing forces, I favor a swift, yet responsible, withdrawal from our 20-year war. We're going to learn from the mistakes that recent RL events have taught us, and ensure international cooperation in a safe withdrawal. It's time to bring the boys home.

5. Iraq - As is the case with Afghanistan, we need an update on the situation on the ground. Like with Afghanistan, I also support a responsible withdrawal. Atlasia cannot afford these endless wars, and our men and women in uniform have sacrificed much in the nearly two decades we've occupied the country. Iraq will be crucial to stabilizing our relations with the Arab world going forward, but this will not be possible if the Islamic State remains a threat.

6. Paflagonia - We still have yet to know the outcome of the most recent election, and this information is one thing I will insist on as President of Atlasia overseeing a new GM Department. We will support an end to the violence in the country and a transition to stability.

7. Eritre and Djibouti - A forgotten conflict, but nonetheless one that must be addressed; an international crisis has taken place between Eritrea and Djibouti after Eritrean troops attacked their neighbor. Inquiry is needed from the GM on this matter as well, before the Secretary of State and our security team can know how to properly respond.

And finally, for my friends here in Lincoln...

8. Lincoln independence - In case it must be said, I am firmly opposed to secessionist movements from any region. While I view Lincoln independence as highly unlikely (an independence referendum requires 75% of the vote to pass), I will nonetheless do my part to whip votes from my party against this fringe movement and boredom-inspired movement. All three of our regions are essential for a strong Atlasia, and while I would never resort to violence against our brothers and sisters here in the Great North, neither will I tolerate unlawful seizure of federal property. I am hopeful that this is something all the parties can agree on.

To any who might doubt my commitment to peace, I need only point to my years of membership in the Peace Party, which my good friend Siren began in response to the Second Korean War. The tenets of Pax remain close to my heart, and peace will always be my mission as your Commander-in-Chief.

Endless war is not only fiscally irresponsible, it is immoral, and the greed of the OTL military-industrial complex will never find its way into a Scott/Minola administration.

This is the city where our Constitution was born; where our nation became whole. A more perfect union within our borders, and a culture of cooperation, fair trade, and religious and political pluralism outside them will always be my M.O.

Thank you for having me today, Philly. Let us march together for a brand new day in Atlasia and the world!

1. https://welkerre.com/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »

Speech on Lincoln independence and preserving our great union

Unity, New Hampshire1

Hello, NEW HAMPSHIRE!

It really is an honor to be speaking you all today. I have nothing but great memories in this great state. Unity is more than just a small town, and "Live free or die" are not just empty words. New Hampshire empowers the strength of the individual, and the grit to make this state, this region, and this nation great.

It is imperative that we keep great states like New Hampshire in our union. And that is why our campaign fully endorses the "no" campaign on secession.

While I do not expect the "yes" vote to reach the 75% threshold, it is imperative that the people of Lincoln vote to remain in the union. President Lincoln fought to keep our country whole. Now it's time for the region of its namesake to do the same.

I implore our patriots in this state and region to vote for the union. To regain the faith and trust in our government, which all candidates believe must be reformed.

But we can't do that without Lincoln.

This weekend, vote for the union. Vote to keep our nation whole by rejecting radical secessionist movements.

Lincoln, now is the time to fulfill the legacy of our forebears, who shed blood to preserve our country. Don't let the efforts of those brave men be in vain. Never forget the rich history of this region.

Together, let's make Atlasia whole again.

Thank you, New Hampshire. May Dave continue to bless this great town, this great state, this great region, and of course, this great nation.

1. Unity Town Hall, Off Unity Rd. and the Old New Hampshire Turnpike Unity - Bill Marrs
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 07:04:05 AM »

Do you know what day it is?

Happy first official MEAN GIRLS DAY in the Republic of Atlasia!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 09:03:57 PM »

I haven't had the privilege to endorse such a qualified candidate that is as right for the moment than Scott for a long time, perhaps since Lumine/Siren. Happily endorsed for my first Labor first-preference in a presidential election!

Mr. Secretary, I have to say I was NOT expecting this endorsement today (nor the many other cross-party endorsements I've gotten). But thank you. Thank you so much. I look forward to getting us past the drama that has only further inflamed the malaise and culture of exclusivity in this game and being a president for all people.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »

Public Statement - on the Replacement of GM Peanut

I commend the President for hearing those, of many parties, who desire a new direction for the GM Department. I very much look forward to the coming days, as new potential applicants (and I can name a few, off the top of my head!) submit their resumes, so that the President may appoint a new and qualified individual to pick up on where we left off. These issues are pertinent to the very nature of our game and I will expect the absolute best out of any new Game Moderator, regardless of who the nominee will be. I will play an active role in the confirmation hearing to ensure that the new GM be someone who can promise us more consistency and predictability in our precarious situation, and the challenges that face us abroad.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 11:10:49 PM »

Another entertaining night on Discord, I see... from multiple people.

Anyway, this isn't really worth making an official statement about, but I am pleased that the people of Lincoln have voted to remain in our union. From here, we shall move forward as one nation, and with Lincoln's help, make our country better for all its people. Better days lie ahead!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »

What approach would you take as President wrt to the unvaccinated population that refuses to get vaccinated for COVID-19? What lessons do you take from the pandemic and the response we saw in both atlasia/around the world and in RL?

I won’t get you to comment much on some of the on going controversies in atlasia but ultimately is there a line where a persons character or actions would cause you to not support someone you otherwise would for elected office in atlasia? If so where would that line be?

In what  major ways if any would a Scott administration differ from a Sev administration? This could be anything from policy to style?

Thank you for your questions.

First, I am actually the author of a vaccination policy that even my opponent would tell you is stronger than what the OTL United States has. I shepherded a bill that requires immunization against COVID-19 as not only a condition of employment for the public and (most of) the private sector, but as a condition for entry into our borders for both Atlasians currently living abroad as well as prospective immigrants and refugees. This was, relative to other bills the Senate passed recently, a close vote, and sadly one that Federalist senators unanimously opposed. While I am normally someone who is in favor of bodily autonomy, I saw this as an opportunity to stop the outbreaks, as well as reduce the necessity for other burdensome mandates which restrict our freedom. (As someone who's had to wear a mask in 80-something degree weather in my RL state of Virginia, I can tell you it ain't fun!) So when we have a new GM, I will expect new numbers which will hopefully reflect on COVID prevention efforts such as this bill, and others passed under Labor leadership early in the pandemic.

In answer to your second question, I've never been afraid to speak against members of my own party on areas where I disagreed with the party consensus. And I would actively campaign against any Labor candidate if I believed their conduct was undermining the foundation of the game. That includes attacks on mental health, and that includes doxxing other players. I regret to say that certain individuals on the other side have taken a lukewarm approach to this problem at best, and I am concerned that much of the Federalist Party has become something of a personality cult for one individual, who himself is guilty of those very things

And, hey, I'll even use this opportunity to say that I'm no saint either! I've had my share of brawls with people in this game, most of whom I've gotten to be on good terms with since then. At the end of the day, Atlasia is a game. It benefits nobody to resort to those types of attacks to try to win an election.

Finally, before I answer your last question I would like to say that President Sev is a good and decent man. Unforeseen personal events have caused his administration to run a bit slower than I think we would like, but I intend on staying fully engaged with the Congress, and working closely with our State Department and National Security Council to address foreign policy issues, which have sadly been neglected for a long time. The President's selection of a new Game Moderator is important as well, and if elected, I will ensure that the new GM remains committed to activity and consistency.

As far as policy goes, I would have to say that our approach to gun control differs in certain aspects. While the President prefers a more restrictive approach to the types of guns that are sold, I favor a lighter approach, while also keeping guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, criminals, and terrorists, while respecting an individual's due process rights as guaranteed by our Constitution.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »

On Immigration

Yuma, Arizona1

Well, it's great to be back here with my constituents, in the glorious Commonwealth of Frémont!

You know, immigration is an issue that is personal to many. Sadly, in real-life discourse, it has been used almost as a weapon - not just in the OTL United States, but in Europe and abroad. Immigration affects prospective migrants just as it affects people here at home.

What we need is a sensible immigration policy that treats good people who want to build a livelihood in this country reasonably, while also hearing those with good-faith concerns about how immigration affects their own bargaining powers in the labor market. We need to be realistic, we need to enforce our laws, and we also need to recognize the humanity in those people who do want better opportunities in this great land of ours.

Battista and I are promising you moral leadership. Our faith informs us both to welcome the stranger, not lock them under inhumane conditions and separate families. Not to leave these kids vulnerable to disease or sexual exploitation. A certain real-life president of the United States showed us exactly how not handle immigration policy or enforce our laws. Cruelty is never, ever the answer.

As a senator, I defended attempts to weaken our immigration system, which currently is modeled on my good friend Siren's Come Out of the Shadows Act. This is a sensible policy that provides a pathway to citizenship for the undocumented, as well as addressing the root causes of illegal immigration by expanding our visa system.

I think we ought to go further, and see to it that the countries where many of these families come from are able to find similar opportunities in their home countries.

That way, illegal border-crossings will be a thing of the past. We will work with our neighbors to the South to fight drug and sex traffickers. We will take a human approach to immigration policy by upholding the law that I had the opportunity to defend on Siren's behalf.

And it is thanks to Siren and her law that illegal border-crossing is a much less contentious issue than it is OTL. And I would like to keep it that way. Atlasia will continue to lead as the most generous, most welcoming country in the world. And that need not, and it will not, compromise the economic well-being of our natural-born citizens and immigrants who came to our country legally.

This is one issue where I unequivocally favor the status quo. We're improving our relations with countries in the Caribbean and in South and Latin America. We're going to unite Atlasia, itself a country of immigrants, rather than pit groups of people against each other as we have seen time and time again.

Thank you for having me today, Yuma. I want to say that I enjoyed my debate with Senators Spark and Cao, and I anticipate our third debate heading into the election in just weeks from now!

Dave bless you, Atlasia, and Dave bless all those who make it great.

1. https://www.kayak.com/Yuma-Hotels.3646.hotel.ksp
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »

Statement on Councils and Cabinet Positions

This is frankly not something I should bother commenting on, but it has become an issue so I am going to make my position abundantly clear.

New special councils and cabinet positions do not increase activity. I know this because I attempted them twice as Northeast Governor and First Minister. The cabinet-holders become inactive and the positions are usually dissolved within two months.

Yes, I am against a climate council. No, I do not believe it is possible or worthwhile to investigate "preventing natural disasters". The issue of climate change requires international cooperation. But unless Senator Spark has a giant fan he'd use to turn tornadoes away from the coast, none of his solutions will change anything. The lack of funding and initiative in his ineffectual climate bills is proof of this.

Whether it's me, Spark, Cao, Peebs, or whoever wins this month, I wish to only continue the National Security Council - which exists specifically because much of what is discussed there is confidential. It is the Senate's job to fix these problems. I am firmly environmentalist and Spark's proposals accomplish nothing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 03:22:34 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 03:26:10 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Protecting the Right to Bear Arms

Anchorage, Alaska1

Hello, Anchorage!

Well folks, today is the day I can officially say I've made campaign stops in all six subregions of Atlasia! And I will also say that I do hope there are more to come. The polls have us up big, sometimes having us 30+ points ahead of our main opponents, Senators Spark and Joseph Cao. Regardless of what these polls might say, I'm running like I'm 30 points behind. The people deserve to be listened to, and the people deserve to hear from their candidates.

But for all the ridiculous jabs at Labor for inactivity, and the unfounded presumption that I will continue the status quo, I continue to run as my own candidate, with my own convictions. I understand that some of these are not popular within my party. But the ideas we've seen so far from Senator Spark, I believe, will not actually solve the malaise that plagues our country. And Senator Cao has been almost completely absent from the campaign trail.

With respect to both these gentlemen, I do not believe they are the answer to solving our country's inactivity problem. Spark, in particular, is proposing massive new committees and cabinet positions that are simply untenable. They will not be filled, and those who are appointed will inevitably go inactive or resign due to lack of interest. I repeat: it is the Senate's job to solve the issues facing us today, from climate change to space-age development.

But now, on to the issue at hand.

As I indicated at our last debate, I do support full repeal of the "assault weapons" ban. I also believe in keeping the guns out of the hands of violent domestic offenders and terrorists. And while I do not believe that people on the no-fly list should be legally allowed to own a firearm, I also believe that due process must be respected and that the no-fly list must be reevaluated. Citizens have the right to know if they are suspected terrorists, and they are entitled to challenge their placement on that list, which often includes people no sane person would ever consider a terrorist, such as the late RL Senator Ted Kennedy.

That being said, the semiautomatic rifles that some want to ban are the same ones that hunters, such as those here in Alaska, use to hunt feral pigs, goats, antelope jackrabbits, elk, very dangerous coyotes, deer, and spotted seal. This was explained to be by one Alaska resident - 41-year-old Robin Jackson - who is nominally an outspoken Federalist supporter and gun rights activist who is also backing my campaign.

Let me be very clear: I support full repeal of the assault weapons ban, but I also support similar legislation such as that which the President vetoed. I am willing to work with Congress on this issue, to protect hunters' rights as well as the rights of law-abiding citizens.

My position on this issue has never changed. Senator Spark has called me "irresponsible" for wanting to defend our Constitutional rights, but he also is simply not someone interested in dissenting views. And I can also state here, unequivocally, that he is uniquely unqualified to be our next Commander-in-Chief.

If you want a full-time president, support our campaign. Even if you don't agree with my positions on gun control - and reasonable people do - I implore you to support this campaign, for a more active Atlasia that builds on the progress we've made in this "New Great Society" era that Labor so proudly supports and will continue to defend.

Dave bless you, Alaska, and thank you for having me today!

1. https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/first-24-hours-in-anchorage-alaska/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 06:58:23 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 08:01:18 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Ethics and Consistency

Seattle, Washington1

How are doing tonight, Seattle?!

Yes!!! Yes, I feel the energy right now! And I know that great cities like Seattle are what will bring us to victory in two weeks!

Folks, we've heard a lot of empty platitudes from the opposition lately. We have also heard desperate lies and deceit against what I intend to bring to the Atlasian people. The Federalist's leading candidate in this race has run a 'minimalist' campaign. And that same Federalist's opponent has offered us nothing but lies and vague platitudes that will neither unify our country, nor spur activity.

Since Senator Spark persists in keeping these promises, I will tell you all this, and I will tell you all unequivocally, that more cabinets and committees do not promote activity on their own. Once again, I tried this approach twice in my political career, once as Northeast Governor and once as Frémont First Minister. Both times, they failed. These made-up cabinet positions went inactive. They were seldom called upon. And we simply could not find people who were willing to be consistent in those jobs.

Once again, one of my opponents promises you tried, and failed, approaches to governance. My other main opponent has simply not been present on the campaign trail. And while I respect that real-life priorities must take precedence over those here in Atlasia, I also believe that full-time leadership is more needed than ever to fix the culture of malaise in our country and restore confidence in our federal government.

Simply neither Senators Spark nor Cao have the experience that I do in this race, and it is that experience which have taught me that endless cabinet positions, which far outweigh the level of present interest, do not work to increase activity. Neither do unpaid-for spending schemes on investing in green technology, the likes of which Senator Spark has introduced repeatedly.

To my friends who are considering either of my opponents in this election, I regret to tell you that neither appear to have the time or the grit to be your president full-time.

Senator Spark continues to insist that I will be nothing but a lackey for Labor, when even fellow Laborites - including Senator Pericles and FM/AG Truman can tell you - that this is simply not the case, as someone who has repeatedly spoke against my own party.

Contrary to what Slandering Spark might tell you, I am an independent thinker. I don't try to get my way by verbally harassing women or lying about our records, I try to reach my goals by consensus. I am a champion of the issues I fight for as well as an active diplomat between party relations on areas where I believe Nyman can get something done for the Atlasian people.

I'll protect our environment, and most importantly, I will ensure that other countries adhere to our climate agreements. Because if you ask me, folks, Atlasia has been doing a pretty damn good job meeting its own climate obligations. The same cannot be said for many countries in the Pacific.

So what we're going to do is ensure international cooperation. We're going to help developing countries on their journeys to success and modernization in an environmentally responsible way. We will be a persistent counterweight to Chinese influence, which has been a disaster for national safety as well as the safety of our allies.

But most importantly, I will always be upfront to the Atlasian people about where I stand. I am not afraid to take the political heat when I express an opinion that is unpopular, either in my party or the country at-large. Because the fact of the matter is that politics as usual has not helped us. The fact of the matter is that the Southern senator's conduct is disqualifying for someone who wants to be our new head-of-state. The fact of the matter, is that I can promise you both activity and good, comprehensive policy to lead our nation forward.

Mark my words, folks: I will be there for you. I will be a leader for our citizens and I will make us a leader on the global stage once again. We are done taking China's threats for granted. We are done with the endless wars. We are done with having our workers be treated as mere pawns for multinational corporations.

Now is the time to turn the page for a new era of leadership! Despite the empty one-liners coming from Senator Spark, you all know that I will always strive to be your leader.

I promise you, my friends, Atlasia is coming back. We will continue to be the most generous nation on earth towards the most vulnerable. We will continue to be the foremost world leader on a global stage.

And we are going to accomplish these things the right way!

Thank you, Seattle!!!

1. manleyaudio
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2021, 03:05:33 PM »

Public Statement - on the Impending Impeachment of GM Peanut

Just recently, my colleague, Senator Weatherboy, introduced articles of impeachment against GM Peanut for inactivity and for failing to report a leave of absence from the game. We are now waiting on Chief Justice windjammer to open the thread and preside over the trial.

While it saddens me that the Senate is forced to resort to these means, and while I personally have great respect for GM Peanut, I nonetheless intend to vote "Guilty" on these articles, and implore my fellow Labor senators to do the same. This trial ought to be swift, in order for a new person to take the GM's place and pick up where he left off, as well as provide vital information necessary for our National Security Team.

On a positive note, I have the utmost confidence in nominee Lumine to do a superb job of taking on this painstaking task, and I fully intend to vote for his confirmation when possible. An active GM Department is essential to restoring activity to our game, and Lumine has indicated in his hearing that he intends to do just that.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 04:08:37 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 09:58:36 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Trade, Internationalism, and Defense

Madison, Wisconsin1

Hello, Madison!

One week, my friends! One more week!

As we enter the final stretch of the campaign, I wanted to deliver what I intend to be my last policy speech of the campaign before the second debate.

So Senator Spark continues to have problems with the truth. He asserts, with evidence in my statements and actions in the Senate to the contrary, that my trade policy will favor China. That I am a "globalist". That I will support unfettered, unchecked globalization policies that put Atlasia last. This same internationalist attitude which led to twenty years of war - well beyond that of most active players. We have a growing number of Atlasians who have never seen their country not at war.

Let me be very clear on the issue of trade: while as a student of history, I regard protectionism to be destructive to the industries they are intended to serve, so too I believe that Atlasia can negotiate trade deals that benefit working-class folks like here in Wisconsin.

The Midwest is the nation's breadbasket, but a reworked trade deal will help our nation's soybean farmers who have seen the worst from both our current international trade system as well as punitive tariffs, particularly as so many of these farms have struggled over the course of COVID-19. Labor has kept these farms alive through various stimulus bills, and CUBI will continue to.

But if some must insist on calling me a "globalist", I'll say I've been a pretty damn effective one! I sponsored legislation that applies the same rules to us as it does to our other trading partners. I sponsored legislation for Atlasia to work with our partners in the EU to implement a global corporate tax and outlaw tax havens. We negotiated this deal not through isolationism, not from weakness, but in a cooperative manner that will benefit workers of all nations, and not the elite.

A Scott White House will not be usurped by corporate interests, hostile adversaries like China, or by the military-industrial complex. And any new trade deal is going to beat China.

The people do not want war. The people do not want endless, expensive wars that are to no one's benefit but the weapons contractors, while family members are brought home in body bags.

But we're going to have a strong defense. We will put the safety of the Atlasian citizen first. That absolutely includes removing troops where they are our presence is no longer warranted. And while I cannot make present forecasts on the situations in some of these countries abroad - although they should be coming soon under our new GM Department - my foreign policy philosophy will be guided by a minimalist, pro-security, diplomatic, and consolidate approach - not one of waste and nation-building.

So in summary folks, if you want a coherent foreign policy that puts Atlasia first, I am your candidate. If you want a trade policy that increases domestic production and empowers workers and responds to our environmental needs, I am your candidate. And if you want a candidate who doesn't just talk about doing those things, I am your candidate.

Thank you, Madison! I will be at the debate next week, and I anticipate giving my acceptance speech at our convention in Barre and making the case for our Labor candidates, as well as our party's allies in the Democratic Alliance. But I do want to take the opportunity to say thank you to the Democratic Alliance, for endorsing this campaign. I will continue to work on vindicating the confidence of the Democratic Alliance and others who are supporting us.

1. https://livingstoninnmadison.com/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »

Speech at the Labor Party National Convention in Barre, VT

My friends! Countrymen! Patriots! Workers! Some might even say "comrades!"

I accept your nomination for President of the Republic of Atlasia!

You know, people have been asking, why? Why another Labor term? What will the next Labor president do to reinvigorate activity? How much can we expect of their involvement in public affairs?

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: the President's job does not begin and end at the White House. I am pledging to you tonight the most active White House in years. The Labor Party has gotten our nation through a great pandemic, while at the same time minimizing loss of life and cases across the board.

We kept our economy alive through it all. We aided our small businesses and our farmers. We passed a UBI bill for working-class families. And now our economy is reopening. The jobs are coming back. Ford is building new factories on our land. We are taking aggressive action to combat climate change.

Labor has empowered unions, and in my administration I will continue to support a worker-oriented economy that promotes small and domestic industry.

We will take on the looming threat of China responsibly, and folks, I know we have the capital to do it. We're going to establish renewed relationships with Korea and improve our broken one in the Arab world, vis-à-vis a two state-solution between Israel and Palestine, with mutual protections and enforcement of international law.

Our next Vice President, Battista Minola, will play an instrumental role in guiding my foreign policy with his expertise, as well as Secretary wxtransit.

And we are going to elect progressive senators in both parties to do it!

Labor, let us stand united as one party. Let's continue working for the average Atlasian.

1 chttps://www.c-span.org/video/?182721-1/democratic-national-convention-day-4-afternoon
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2021, 12:20:10 AM »

The polls are open! Let's deliver a sweeping victory this weekend for the people!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2021, 11:31:23 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2021, 11:54:23 AM by President-elect Scott🎃 »

Jackson, Wyoming1

Hello, Jackson!

I've just received a call from Senator Cao. He congratulated us, and I congratulated him on a very hard-fought campaign.

Senator Cao has worked very long and very hard to address our nation's problems and work towards reform. He even supported a number of my initiatives, particularly the CUBI program. Job well done, Senator. We owe you a major debt of gratitude.

I also want to congratulate Peebs, MB, and Ted, for amassing so much support themselves this election.

Our time has come. People didn't vote for Labor in such overwhelming numbers because they are satisfied with the status quo; they voted for the candidate who can unite our country and transform the executive branch as we know it. People voted for change, including people who would not normally vote for Labor. To my friends in the Democratic Alliance, the Federalist Party, and other independent-minded folks who are not Labor members themselves but nonetheless support our message, thank you. Thank you, Ninja. Thank you, shua. Now we move forward as one nation.

I can promise you that the White House will be more active and transparent. The new White House thread will have frequent updates and public announcements.

I've said it a million times throughout this campaign and I never reneged: the President's job does not begin and end at the White House. This election was in no small part about qualifications, and who is best equipped to face our adversaries and mediate negotiations between nations and territories.

A free Palestine. Trade agreements that empower our workers and weaken China. A single democratic Korea. A worker-oriented economy.

We can achieve all these things. Atlasia will not settle for anything less than the best.

I want to thank First Minister Truman, Chief Justice windjammer, Senator FalterinArc, Senator Weatherboy, Utah Neolib, Australian Swing Voter, for supporting me throughout this campaign and advising me. This victory would not have been possible without you folks.

Just ten years ago, I joined "Atlas Forum" because it piqued my interest and I found the idea of a fantasy government really enticing. I joined, and started out as a mere Northeastern Assemblyman. Over the years, I changed parties and learned valuable lessons. It is how I was able to govern three regions. It is how I run the Senate.

And it is that same vigor I will use as your next president.

I promise you, folks. I promise you. Better days for Atlasia lie ahead. Our work continues. And the New Great Society continues.

Thank you!!! Thank you, everybody!!

1. AP
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies