Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:21:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)  (Read 5659 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2021, 11:22:59 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2021, 11:31:38 PM by President-elect Scott🎃 »

Jackson, Wyoming1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on cable news

Hello, Jackson! What a warm welcome. I am so grateful to see you all, my friends and fellow Jacksonites. And to all people who traveled far and wide. Wyoming is truly home to me, and it is humbling to see a crowd like this and be able to speak to you today.

I have said before, and I continue to believe, that the malaise we are experiencing now puts our nation at a crossroads. Despite that, I'm fired up. And I am so fortunate to see people here of all ages, races, men, women, our LGBT community. You all came here to be part of a great journey. You came here because you want to join our fight for equality, for justice, for decent living standards, for workers' rights, for liberty, for a return to normalcy.

Our enemy is not the Federalists. It's not the Democratic Alliance. It's not the Peace Party. No. Our enemy is malaise. Our enemy is that creeping feeling that Atlasia is dying. It is a lack of civic nationalism and engagement. It is that lack of activity which weakens the foundation of the country we both love. And we are going to get Nyman working again, for the people.

When our nation was divided and engaged in civil war, Abraham Lincoln, through his will and his words, unified our nation and freed a people. Like now, President Lincoln faced uncertainty and doubt. And today, as we work to end this pandemic and return our country to a state of normalcy, the same grit that empowered our soldiers, who fought to keep our nation whole, exists within us.

As senator and PPT, I championed initiatives to help the working, and the vulnerable, citizens of this country. Under my leadership, we passed a UBI bill specifically directed toward families and children. I have been a proponent of UBI since the start of this pandemic. And although it was at first unpopular, even within my own party, we took this pandemic as an opportunity to uplift the people who lost their jobs, who couldn't afford to pay their rent, who had to choose between housing and food. Now we have expanded the welfare state; we have built what, I famously called, the New Great Society.

We can be the generation that ends poverty. We can be the generation that ends the school-to-prison pipeline. And we have done that - often with bipartisan support. But our work does not end here.

It is time to finish the work that needs to be done. We must insist on active legislators, and an active GM Department. That is a promise that must be fulfilled.

And that is why I am running for President of the Republic of Atlasia.

President Sev informed me today that he is not running for reelection, and we spoke candidly about our real life struggles. Sev is a good man. I love him like a brother. Let's give the President a round of applause for his service to this country, and wish him well in all his endeavors.

Thank you.

Folks, you know that it takes more than one person to rejuvenate our country. And we need active, engaged leadership more than ever. That, I can also promise you, will be my top priority as president. I vow to select a running mate who promises a hands-on approach to governing as well.

As PPT, I have taken a diplomatic approach to reach across the aisle. In that regard, we have been successful. And you can check the Sev White House to see how much we have accomplished.

While I am by no means perfect, I am heavily guided by my faith in the Lord in my approach to all things. And while I have made missteps, I use those experiences to learn and grow as a person, as a Christian. A great society is one that uplifts the poor and the disabled. I believe we are the hands and feet of God, and I am unapologetically guided by that moral compass instilled in me by my mother, who passed away just two days short of a year.

Throughout my trials, I have learned the value of independence and hard work. Of self-sufficiency. Of family.

And I will continue to lead by these moral values as your president.

Over the coming weeks, I will be taking a 'listening tour' across the country. I will demonstrate my commitment to activity by campaigning in every region.

And that includes Lincoln. My friends, I am committed to preserving our union. This is not the first time radical secessionists have tried to seize control of regions or states. As First Minister, I, along with federal officials, suppressed attempts to separate Alaska from the union. That ultimately led to the creation of the Fremont National Guard.

I am in this race not only to win, but to transform our nation and renew confidence in both our citizens and our elected officials. If you, like me, are ready to shake off the growing apathy that is metastasizing in our country, I hope you will join me on this great journey.

Together, we can lead a revival and make Atlasia great again.

Thank you very much, everybody. Let's get to work. Let's be the change we want to see.

1.Getty

Scott's New Great Society Plan
Activity
Ethics and Consistency
Jobs
Education
Affordable Housing
Environmental Renewal and Conservation
Foreign Policy
Immigration
Protecting the Right to Bear Arms
Trade, Internationalism, and Defense

Public Announcements and Speeches
Running mate announcement for Battista Minola
Speech at Liberty University
Speech at Unity, New Hampshire
Speech at the Democratic Alliance National Convention
Public statement on the replacement of GM Peanut
Statement on new councils and cabinet positions
Speech at Labor Party National Convention in Barre, VT
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 11:26:19 PM »

Endorsed.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 11:39:33 PM »

Endorsed!
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 11:40:02 PM »

Endorsed!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 11:44:51 PM »

Endorsed!!!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 11:46:07 PM »

Endorsed!
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 11:46:51 PM »

Endorsed!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 12:05:33 AM »

Endorsed!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 12:08:17 AM »

Endorsed!
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 12:36:29 AM »

Endorsed!!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 07:13:58 AM »

Strongly endorsed! Smiley
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 08:54:42 AM »

Endorsed for interfaith religious left solidarity.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2021, 11:09:56 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 11:14:29 AM by nerd73 »

Endorsed!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2021, 12:59:47 PM »

Endorsed my good friend. Atlasia needs a good, active, progressive President and I know you can be one.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2021, 02:54:47 PM »

Endorsed
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »

Endorsed
Nyssus
Misteeer
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 03:37:45 PM »

I wholeheartedly endorse!
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 04:33:12 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 04:40:02 PM by Utah Neolib »

Endorsed. He will be a greatly qualified president who will work with the rest of Congress well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 08:33:24 PM »

I believe I once wrote about Scott that, alongside posessing the fundamental trait of caring about the game, he was also someone who worked tirelessly for the good of it, regardless of the eventual disagreements that may arise. And within our present context of decadence and decay, it's hard to think of a more deserving and capable individual to occupy the White House.

Strongly endorsed.

(PS: Still not a fan of the strongly pro-gun stances, but hell, no candidate is ever perfect)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:02 AM »

Endorsed!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 09:56:18 AM »

Fully endorsed! It's been a long time coming for someone of your stature.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 10:42:43 AM »

Endorsed.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »

This campaign makes me want to dance! Always endorsed is still always.  Smile

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 06:22:19 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2021, 03:49:41 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Education

Norfolk, Virginia1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Good evening, Norfolk!

Yes, my friends, Norfolk - my current real-life residence. I want this campaign to be as much of a reflection on the many great cities and communities that I have been a part of as a reflection on the kind of leadership I will bring to the White House.

But first, I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming support I've gotten from both Labor and from other parties as well, particularly the DA which, as recent history has shown, we've gotten into some great campaign battles in our NPC days. I want to directly thank my good friend and DA Chair, Senator Weatherboy, my former Senate opponent, Utah Neolib, Fremont Member of Parliament AustralianSwingVoter - one of the center-right voices within the DA, former everything and most recent GM Lumine, a man for whom I've always had great respect in all his years of service, and Siren - a great personal friend of mine who I go almost a decade back with.

I am truly humbled to have this support, and it gives me utmost confidence that we'll deliver a smashing victory for our campaign of reform of rejuvenation!

I have a real-life anecdote to share that actually happened to me just yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting one of my neighbors - let's call her Lucy - who has been at my current place of residence much shorter than I have. She, like so many mothers in my city, has been fighting to keep her son off the streets. Like me, she has also lost close family members within the past year, including a brother of hers who died in California and whose funeral she was forced to watch livestreamed. Like me, she is another "lone wolf" who has little nearby family and is now trying to make it here on her own in a rough neighborhood.

But she had instilled in her son the very same kinds of values my own mother did in me: to study hard, to work hard, and to aim higher than "life on the streets". That is a recipe for success that so many Black mothers like Lucy are trying to raise their children on, so that even in poor and high-crime communities like here in Norfolk, the odds which might be against you need not define your destiny. Lucy told me about what drugs and addiction have done to her aging mother with COPD.

Those of you know me know I did not come from Norfolk. I grew up in a small town, a wealthy suburb. And I can say without a single doubt that hearing about the struggles of the inner-cities is very different from experiencing and witnessing these problems yourself.

What I want to talk to you all about today is education. Education is what is often called the great equalizer. And although it's not an issue we hear little about from politicians today, it nevertheless is what helps determine what kind of direction a life a person is going to take.

I don't want to pit private schools against public schools, against homeschooling, against charter schools, against parochial schools like the several Catholic schools here in Norfolk. No, the Scott plan for education is an all-of-the-above approach. I am strongly of the belief that parents should be able to send their kids wherever they are best served.

I want to empower our public schools by doing some of what we did in Fremont: altering curriculums to include real, hands-on life skills that is relevant to all people. This includes basic financial literacy. This includes classes that promote civic engagement like current events. Many of these things are typically offered in colleges. But these are vital skills we should be teaching all our students and young adults.

I want community college to be tuition-free, and I want us to take a practical and transformative approach to education that does not pressure our kids into feeling like their only choice is between a lifetime of debt or foregoing higher education completely.

Because success in life looks different for everybody, and making our colleges more affordable includes more than just forgiving debt; it includes insisting that colleges lower their tuition and going back-to-basics on what higher education really means.

From a policy standpoint, this includes studying the impact of vouchers while making our public schools the best in the world. In Finland, students can expect to receive a world quality education regardless of where they go to school. We will have standards, but we are also going to not overburden our teachers and students with ineffectual "kill, drill, bubble-fill" over-testing that fails to adequately measure our students' true potential.

Under the Scott education plan, everybody wins. Teachers win, parents win, students win. And taxpayers win too, because they will be seeing their own investments pay off as we work to eliminate poverty and create a generation of winners, and people who are free to succeed on their own terms based on their own unique strengths!

And this is not an issue that I do not intend to act alone on. Not a single member of our community will be excluded from the table. I want to open a constructive dialogue between all people in our primary and higher-education systems. And we need active legislators who are willing to facilitate that dialogue, as so will my administration.

The goal is to aim for a society where all may succeed regardless of educational background, while also exposing our students to the array of options that exist. To our future scientists, engineers, and yes, even artists - a sadly neglected field which is typically set aside in national conversations on education.

Investing in the arts is yet another component of my education plan, as I believe it is essential to our great writers, visual artists, musicians, and actors - many of whom I met as a student at Catawba College in North Carolina, an excellent church-affiliated school which trains performers in theater as well as music.

And while we're at it, let's put the culture wars in education aside. I believe that teaching our students to love and care about their country need not be separated from teaching them about the mistakes from our past. On the contrary, growing and developing as a people are paramount to keeping Atlasia great, and empowering our students to make it even greater. We should not 'coddle' our students by either censoring or whitewashing the darker elements of our past. And we must also keep our students engaged and willing to learn.

Like we view the states and regions of our country as the "laboratories of democracy", we must view our classrooms as the laboratories of innovation. To that point, I promise our teachers the autonomy to experiment with new teaching skills, and with that our students may be exposed to a rich diversity of learning styles throughout their academic careers.

Thank you once again to all my supporters, and to those who decided to join me today. I will continue touring the country throughout my campaign, and I am excited to announce that this Friday, my running mate will officially be unveiled.

Stay tuned for great things, my friends. I can assure you that even in current times, there is great reason for hope and optimism in our nation.

Thank you, Norfolk!

1. Photo by Norfolk Mermaids
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 08:16:58 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2021, 03:50:49 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Jobs

Youngstown, Ohio1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Hello, Youngstown!

You know, I've had the chance to meet with a lot of you today, traveling throughout the state to hear your concerns, and the things you prioritize most for the upcoming administration. I've met people who've spent their entire lives here, including parents who feel left behind when their children leave the state for college and new job opportunities elsewhere.

Someone on the forum summarized the problem that these cities face today, alongside COVID and the other challenges facing the country: essentially, the "New Economy" has grown, leaving behind the "Old Economy" in cities like Youngstown, where manufacturing was king and unions built these cities, to ensure a decent standard of living, and retirement, for all. A college education wasn't necessary to succeed and raise a family. Opportunity for all working-class people was abundant. But as we see businesses and people flee the state, their economy weakens. You know, our nation's economy is strong on paper. But you wouldn't know it from interacting with so many of these fine people.

Amazon recently announced its plan to invest in new "factory towns" to help communities where job opportunities are scarce. When I heard this news, I had some mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I know that an Amazon job is better than no job at all. Amazon also provides a vital service by doing business here, rather than overseas. But I think you'll all agree with me that we must demand not just jobs, but good jobs. Good-paying jobs, with humane working conditions, and a labor force that ensures accountability, and unions which ensure a fair playing field between labor and capital.

We need, and I believe we will have, a manufacturing renaissance for places like Youngstown. While the importance of education, as I alluded to in my speech last night, is of great value to me, you shouldn't need a degree from Harvard or Yale to realize the Atlasian dream. You shouldn't need to choose between having five different jobs to support your family, or to joining the drug trade which has ravaged our old manufacturing capitals and continues to kill countless desperate Atlasians.

Addiction, in particular, is a personal issue to me, for today marks one year since I lost my mother to a drug overdose.

But the solutions to these problems lie right here in Atlasia, in the wealthiest country on earth. It is unacceptable that these economic woes continue to drive this epidemic of addiction, when the top 1% own more than half the wealth.

What we need to do is bring the parties in the Senate together, to plan massive investments in both our infrastructure. We're going to ask the very rich to pay their fair share, for how much they have benefited from the existing infrastructure that allows them to prosper. Simply put: we need to redistribute wealth from the "New Economy", to the "Old Economy".

And once again, we need to insist on not just jobs, but good jobs. Amazon's plans for these communities are good, but we must also insist that they pay their taxes, that they pay their workers living wages so that they're not dependent on food stamps, that their fulfillment centers have oversight and resources for their workers. Given the burnout and turnover rates we see at these fulfillment centers, something is very clearly wrong. And that relationship between labor and capital, in that regard, is skewed far much toward the side of the latter.

We need open trade, but we need a trade policy that works for everyone. This international effort, to put an end to tax havens, will force large corporations to play by the same rules as everybody else - particularly small business owners who have as much of a right to succeed as Mr. Jeff Bezos, and so many others who made their way to the top in this economy.

My administration will not be an assault on business. What I support is a low corporate tax in exchange for higher taxation on capital gains. What I support is paid vacation days for the people who, collectively, make these corporations as successful as they are.

My administration will recognize the dignity of the working men and women of our country. People of all races, orientations, and abilities.

I reiterate that these solutions can be found right here at home. Not in China, which has taken advantage of our manufacturing base. We are going to keep people in Youngstown. We are going to build on our infrastructure, and use that infrastructure to build a new road: a golden road to success.

Collectively, we will demand more than half a loaf. You will do so because you're the damn bakers! And you will have an ally in the White House who will work tirelessly for fairness, for justice, for better living standards, for our retirees, and for their children who have high hopes but low confidence in what the fruits of their labor will bring to them.

Youngstown, it has been such an honor meeting with you all of you today and having the opportunity to speak with you. A society where strong communal ties abound is Atlasia at its best, and that is exactly what we're going to aim for after we win in October.

Thank you, Youngstown! Dave bless you, and Dave bless all our workers.

1. https://lindaontherun.com/things-to-do-in-youngstown-ohio/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies