Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:38:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Have you ever taken a flight with more than one connecting flight?  (Read 923 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 18, 2021, 09:41:27 AM »
« edited: September 18, 2021, 09:59:49 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

Sacramento -> Atlanta -> Paris (CdG)

Nice, France -> JFK -> Salt Lake City -> Sacramento

Side note, the second one was the day that Michael Jackson died.

Extra credit points to those who can guess the airline

I'd guess Delta, since they code-share with Air France and have a hub in SLC (and ATL, of course).

I've flown many with two connections and one with three that I recall:

Pensacola-Atlanta-Miami-San Juan-St. Martin

And yes, they lost my luggage.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 01:31:21 PM »

I think my personal record for number of layovers may hold for the rest of my life:

Seattle->Los Angeles (overnight)->Tokyo->Singapore->Bangkok (overnight)->Hanoi

Return:

Hanoi->Bangkok->Singapore (overnight)->Tokyo->Los Angeles->Seattle

I was going there on a volunteer trip where we all had to meet in LA before we travelled across the Pacific and then had to meet up with another group in Bangkok before heading to Hanoi, which was a big part of why we took such a long route. But then there were other issues like that other group getting delayed and us having to unexpectedly spend the night in Bangkok. There was also another group that was coming from New York who flew through Frankfurt to get to Singapore, so there were people in my group who had the same number of layovers but had to spend more time in the air and covered a longer distance. All in all, it wasn't even the worst or longest-feeling flight I ever had (that was definitely Vancouver->Toronto->Warsaw->Bucharest). And I got to do overnight stays in two countries I didn't even know I was visiting until I boarded the flight to get there.

Your story brings back a memory from my defense contracting days.  One of my colleagues was doing some technical work on a ship in the Indian Ocean.  There was a sudden medical crisis in his family and he had to get home quickly, taking whatever flights were available during a busy travel season.  He wound up with an insane route something like Singapore-Hong Kong-Manila-Tokyo-Honolulu-San Francisco-Atlanta-Orlando that took close to 48 hours.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies