Georgia Posters Only:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:19:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Georgia Posters Only:
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of GA's congressional districts do you reside in?
1 (CPVI: R+9)
2 (CPVI: D+4)
3 (CPVI: R+16)
4 (CPVI: D+27)
5 (CPVI: D+36)
6 (CPVI: D+1)
7 (CPVI: R+2)
8 (CPVI: R+15)
9 (CPVI: R+30)
10 (CPVI: R+13)
11 (CPVI: R+12)
12 (CPVI: R+9)
13 (CPVI: D+23)
14 (CPVI: R+28) - represented by America's worst member of congress this century
Not from GA, but want to view results, please.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Georgia Posters Only:  (Read 648 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2021, 10:00:07 PM »

I thought it'd be interesting to see where Talk Election's GA posters come from. I have a feeling that most come from the Atlanta area, but of course, I could be wrong.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:06 PM »

its crazy how a US state got invaded by Russia in the 2000s
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 10:16:50 PM »

11, sadly. Hoping I get redistricted into 5 or 6 though.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:04:48 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2021, 11:15:09 PM by KoopaDaQuick »

Being in the same district in MTG means that you have the unique chance of being part of the movement to kick her out. Still doesn't make up for having to deal with her being your representative in the House, but at least your voice will be taken more seriously than mine or that of any other non-Georgian when it comes to her. whoops she's in 14 nvm
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 11:12:41 PM »

Being in the same district in MTG means that you have the unique chance of being part of the movement to kick her out. Still doesn't make up for having to deal with her being your representative in the House, but at least your voice will be taken more seriously than mine or that of any other non-Georgian when it comes to her.
11 is Loudermilk's district, Cherokee/Bartow/gerrymandered parts of Cobb and Fulton. 14 is MTG's.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 11:14:23 PM »

Being in the same district in MTG means that you have the unique chance of being part of the movement to kick her out. Still doesn't make up for having to deal with her being your representative in the House, but at least your voice will be taken more seriously than mine or that of any other non-Georgian when it comes to her.

11 is Loudermilk's district, Cherokee/Bartow/gerrymandered parts of Cobb and Fulton. 14 is MTG's.

i am so fking stupid you have no idea
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 04:56:59 AM »

Not born in Georgia but I would be eligible for its citizenship. My Mum's from Tbilisi, from the Western part of the city to be precise, which was one of the areas where opposition parties against the GD government won a plurality of the votes. Her mother's family were Caucasus Germans, residing in the "German colony" of Bolnisi (Katharinenfeld), which is rural and voted for GD by large margins.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 07:32:04 AM »

GA-6.   Will always remember Election Night 2018 when Lucy came from behind to pull it out.

Getting her and Carolyn Bourdeaux out in 2022 through gerrymandering is inevitable.  But this decade is the last straw for the Republicans.  I look forward to a complete wipeout of the party in the coming years as this state transforms.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 07:48:54 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2021, 03:05:13 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Sadly, I live in the 9th (just barely, I'm in the northern half of Forsyth County).  I was happy when Doug Collins left to run for Senate, but his replacement (Andrew Clyde) is even worse.  I'm hoping to get redistricted into the 7th.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 01:48:07 PM »

Sadly, I live in the 9th (just barely, I'm in the northern half of Forsyth County).  I was happy when Doug Collins left to run for Congress, but his replacement (Andrew Clyde) is even worse.  I'm hoping to get redistricted into the 7th.

While being represented by Andrew Clyde is certainly nothing to be happy about, it could be worst; at least you don't live in MTG's district, right?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 02:15:37 PM »

Sadly, I live in the 9th (just barely, I'm in the northern half of Forsyth County).  I was happy when Doug Collins left to run for Congress, but his replacement (Andrew Clyde) is even worse.  I'm hoping to get redistricted into the 7th.

While being represented by Andrew Clyde is certainly nothing to be happy about, it could be worst; at least you don't live in MTG's district, right?

True, we always have the 14th to look down on. Smiley
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 02:32:03 PM »

why would you want to be in a completely safe district?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 02:45:38 PM »

why would you want to be in a completely safe district?

Yeah, I think the 7th is probably Georgia's most competitive district at this point. The 6th is honestly gone for the GOP now.

Of course, however, redistricting would change boundaries and if scutosaurus was drawn into the 5th or 6th, the district he goes into may get somewhat more conservative. It's a moot point for the 5th, since it gave Biden over 85%, but depending on how much its borders change, the 6th might become competitive (perhaps the GOP will pull a gerrymander there, though it might backfire in the long run) depending on how it's redistricted.

I think his real point, though, is that he wants to be represented by a Democrat rather than Barry Loudermilk.
LostFellow
LostHerro

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 04:33:31 PM »

GA-6.   Will always remember Election Night 2018 when Lucy came from behind to pull it out.

Getting her and Carolyn Bourdeaux out in 2022 through gerrymandering is inevitable.  But this decade is the last straw for the Republicans.  I look forward to a complete wipeout of the party in the coming years as this state transforms.

A fellow GA-6'er! (except I've been out of town quite a while now due to college) The 2017 special and 2018 congressional elections were definitely neat in being able to see the political transformation of the district over the past 10 years.

Sadly I think the GOP packing 4 metro Atlanta districts, will work this decade, but I cannot wait for the day that Democrats finally win the state on all levels like VA.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 04:59:44 PM »

I'm the only one in GA-03 Sad Someone should come join me down here
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 10:14:00 PM »

10th
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »

What I find even crazier is that there are 4 people from GA06 but none from the very similar GA07.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »

What I find even crazier is that there are 4 people from GA06 but none from the very similar GA07.

I live fairly close to the 7-9 boundary, so that's a near miss. Wink
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 03:52:23 PM »

GA 10th represent! thanks to MTG we're now represented by merely the second worst member of the state delegation

I'm just a stone's throw away from GA 7th
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »

The first draft of new districts (almost certainly not how it will end up) would move me and the rest of Forsyth County into the 6th, which would go from Biden+12 to Trump+6.

https://www.gpb.org/news/2021/09/28/what-georgias-first-proposed-congressional-map-does-and-doesnt-tell-us-about
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »

The first draft of new districts (almost certainly not how it will end up) would move me and the rest of Forsyth County into the 6th, which would go from Biden+12 to Trump+6.

https://www.gpb.org/news/2021/09/28/what-georgias-first-proposed-congressional-map-does-and-doesnt-tell-us-about

The map's a gerrymander, but hey, they could've done worse. And I have a feeling that the new GA06 will soon become competitive anyway...6 points isn't that much to overcome. It might just come back to haunt them when the map is 8-6 again. They also made Loudermilk's district somewhat more competitive, though I don't think it's quite within Democrats' reach. My real question is GA02. The district looked roughly the same, but I know that it's only D+4 and that changing some boundary lines could make it less liberal. So what happened to GA02? Did they keep it roughly the same? Did they try and make it bluer (which is a terrible idea)? Or did they actually make it more competitive?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2021, 11:39:59 AM »

The map's a gerrymander, but hey, they could've done worse. And I have a feeling that the new GA06 will soon become competitive anyway...6 points isn't that much to overcome. It might just come back to haunt them when the map is 8-6 again. They also made Loudermilk's district somewhat more competitive, though I don't think it's quite within Democrats' reach. My real question is GA02. The district looked roughly the same, but I know that it's only D+4 and that changing some boundary lines could make it less liberal. So what happened to GA02? Did they keep it roughly the same? Did they try and make it bluer (which is a terrible idea)? Or did they actually make it more competitive?

From further down in the article:

Data released by the reapportionment office Tuesday shows the 2nd District in Southwest Georgia might no longer be majority-Black after adding in the rest of Muscogee County, parts of Harris County and a sliver of Centerville in Houston County while losing some of Macon-Bibb. That district, represented by Sanford Bishop, would become slightly less Democratic.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »

From further down in the article:

Data released by the reapportionment office Tuesday shows the 2nd District in Southwest Georgia might no longer be majority-Black after adding in the rest of Muscogee County, parts of Harris County and a sliver of Centerville in Houston County while losing some of Macon-Bibb. That district, represented by Sanford Bishop, would become slightly less Democratic.

'Slightly less' is good since it would still have a Democratic tilt/lean. And I think GA removing a majority black district could be found in violation of the Voting Rights Act, though I'm unsure about that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies