Why did Nebraska swing so far left (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:35:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why did Nebraska swing so far left (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Nebraska swing so far left  (Read 1387 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: September 18, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »

Possibly Interesting Fact: With his 2020 Democratic pickup of the presidency of the United States, Joe Biden’s only likewise pickup to give him a higher margin than his national result was Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District.

The NE-2 margin was fairly surprising. 

Somewhere in the middle of the election night I saw that + Biden's easy win in NH and was confused by the FL result. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 12:54:28 PM »

Possibly Interesting Fact: With his 2020 Democratic pickup of the presidency of the United States, Joe Biden’s only likewise pickup to give him a higher margin than his national result was Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District.

The NE-2 margin was fairly surprising. 

Somewhere in the middle of the election night I saw that + Biden's easy win in NH and was confused by the FL result. 
Those few hours on November 3 when Trump was leading were some of the worst of my life. Than the networks said Biden won NE-2 and FOX said he won AZ and my heart rate went down....

Yeah, the polls were definitely off.  But the only reason the night was so dramatic was because FL was the state where Biden did the worst relative to expectations and they reported the quickest.  If for instance, Minnesota reported more quickly it would have set the tone a lot more.  But yeah the AZ call was a big big sign.  Though I still think it was a bit premature even though it ultimately ended up being right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies