Why did Nebraska swing so far left (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:34:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why did Nebraska swing so far left (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Nebraska swing so far left  (Read 1379 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 15, 2021, 09:23:46 PM »

Nebraska as a whole swung 6 points! That is tied with Kansas for having the biggest swing outside the Northeast region

I know Kansas has slowly been moving left but no one talks about Nebraska. Perhaps Trump's tariffs and trade wars hurt a lot of farmers?

NE-2 did swing 9 points, far more than any congressional district. Perhaps that swung the state as a whole?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 12:44:25 PM »

Possibly Interesting Fact: With his 2020 Democratic pickup of the presidency of the United States, Joe Biden’s only likewise pickup to give him a higher margin than his national result was Nebraska’s 2nd Congressional District.

The NE-2 margin was fairly surprising. 

Somewhere in the middle of the election night I saw that + Biden's easy win in NH and was confused by the FL result. 
Those few hours on November 3 when Trump was leading were some of the worst of my life. Than the networks said Biden won NE-2 and FOX said he won AZ and my heart rate went down....
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 02:39:45 PM »

Nebraska as a whole swung 6 points! That is tied with Kansas for having the biggest swing outside the Northeast region

Colorado had an 8.59-point swing to Biden vs. Delaware (7.59%) and Maryland (6.79%) followed by 6 for Nebraska and 5.77 for Kansas, so technically, Nebraska had the fourth biggest swing outside of the Northeast.
Gary Johnson did unusually well in Colorado 2016 which explains a lot of that swing. And I am counting Delaware and Maryland as part of the general northeast
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies