Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats.  (Read 3847 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 15, 2021, 03:41:33 PM »

Technically you are, but such complaints hold less force now than they did before. And this will especially be the case if Newsom is reelected next year. The best outcome for Democrats would have been to recall Newsom and replace him with a more moderate or pragmatic Democrat.

Democrats don't want the same things in a leader conservatives do.

Are you saying that Democrats want a leader who is proudly progressive? I'm not going to say that they can't have that, but is it not possible to have a progressive who is also pragmatic? Someone in the vein of say, Jared Polis? Newsom's hypocrisy with regards to the pandemic is what I object to the most, and I do think that California wouldn't be hurt by having a Governor who is more sensible on social issues.

Just curious. On what social issues do you consider Newsom not to be sensible about?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies