Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:15:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats.  (Read 3882 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« on: September 15, 2021, 04:34:05 AM »

Alright. I am briefly returning (like promised) to just give my insight on this election result:

While "no" did win, the environment shifted right from Biden's victory last year, and most likely going to shift more with the remaining ballots coming in. I also saw some talk that the OC Republicans would be in danger because of the results, as of right now however, "no" is leading by 5 points, while Biden won OC by 9 points, which Kim and Steel managed to survive, while running against incumbents... meaning that by theory, they should be able to survive next year.

Hispanics also trended right, showing that the national GOP is making headways with them after Trump.
Even after Democrats nationalized this race, had mail-in-ballots, made this about Trump, etc, they still underperformed Biden by a noticable margin. If the nation swung as much as this race come 2022, the GOP would gain the House and Senate, showcasing how vulnerable Dems' position are.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 10:31:03 AM »

After CV and the Inland results, I think we are safe to say that these results were quite pathetic for democrats. Especially San Bernardino County where Biden won by double digits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies