If NY allowed recalls, would Andrew Cuomo have faced one/multiple?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:07:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If NY allowed recalls, would Andrew Cuomo have faced one/multiple?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If NY allowed recalls, would Andrew Cuomo have faced one/multiple?  (Read 246 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2021, 09:02:52 AM »

If NY had the same recall provisions and rules in its constitution than CA, would Andrew Cuomo have faced one? Or multiple? And if so, what dou you think when and how would these have ended?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 09:22:29 AM »

Almost certainly. And I think it would have succeeded - Cuomo was much more toxic/damaged than Newsom ever really was, and it's likely that at least one serious Democrat would have entered.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »

Almost certainly. And I think it would have succeeded - Cuomo was much more toxic/damaged than Newsom ever really was, and it's likely that at least one serious Democrat would have entered.

At which point in time? Doubtful in my opinion it would have succeeded before this year; and like with impeachment, he would have avoided removal by resignation in time. Cuomo still won his primaries fair and square, and his abilities to cash in tons of money and intimitate people should never be underestimated. As much as I dislike the dude.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »

At which point in time? Doubtful in my opinion it would have succeeded before this year; and like with impeachment, he would have avoided removal by resignation in time. Cuomo still won his primaries fair and square, and his abilities to cash in tons of money and intimitate people should never be underestimated. As much as I dislike the dude.

I suspect it would have caught fire earlier this year after the nursing home scandal came out and gotten more fuel from the sexual harassment allegations.

Maybe they would have unsuccessfully tried before that.
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »

Yes, but it's not just Cuomo.  If every state in America had recalls had as ridiculously low of a threshold to trigger one as we do in California, we would be seeing an easy majority of governors around the country seeing recall elections
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 05:16:28 PM »

Yes, and unlike Newsom, he would have deserved it much more and the real competition would be whether a Democrat or Republican would succeed him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies