BREAKING: AOC wears a "Tax The Rich" dress at the Met Gala, where a ticket costs $30,000 to attend.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:21:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: AOC wears a "Tax The Rich" dress at the Met Gala, where a ticket costs $30,000 to attend.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: BREAKING: AOC wears a "Tax The Rich" dress at the Met Gala, where a ticket costs $30,000 to attend.  (Read 3308 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2021, 07:57:52 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2021, 04:07:36 PM by I’M GONNA TOOOOOOOOM »

Also, a table is $275,000.

We are in the post-irony era now.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:01:44 PM »

okay
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 08:03:00 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2021, 08:06:21 PM by Particle Man »

A lot of rich people want to be taxed. A lot of poors like not having insurance. Then there’s this bulldog at the park that likes to be humped by all the other dogs. It’s not just about you.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 08:04:02 PM »

No they don't.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 08:04:23 PM »

Proof?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 08:04:49 PM »

Also note that no one is wearing masks or distancing! I have such a seething distaste for these hypocrites.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 08:06:14 PM »

Also note that no one is wearing masks or distancing! I have such a seething distaste for these hypocrites.

Vaccination was required to attend. Nicki Minaj for example chose not to attend because she believed the vaccine caused her cousin's friend's scrotum to swell to an extreme size.

THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 08:06:31 PM »

They clearly avoid paying taxes- and while I dislike woke corporations and billionaires, I still hate the federal government more.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 08:06:55 PM »

I've never been a fan of Ocasio-Cortez, and this gesture seems to be one of arrogance and extravagance on her part. But it is no secret that Hollywood leans very strongly to the left, and the irony is that many of the celebrities there probably associate with Ocasio-Cortez and view her in a favorable light. She's not the first Democratic politician to bask in their adulation. Obama is another, and his recent birthday party exemplifies that.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »

Vaccination was required to attend. Nicki Minaj for example chose not to attend because she believed the vaccine caused her cousin's friend's scrotum to swell to an extreme size.

I don't care about Nicki Manaj.

Then why do the self-proclaimed "scientists" make vaccinated people still wear masks? Defeats the point of taking the vaccine, no?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 08:09:06 PM »

They clearly avoid paying taxes- and while I dislike woke corporations and billionaires, I still hate the federal government more.

Do you just like regular millionaires?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »

Never in my life would I have looked nearly that good in that dress.  Squinting
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »

Rich actors are a relatively interesting group of people because thanks to mass media a group of workers less dependent on capital have become very rich.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 08:10:38 PM »

Do you just like regular millionaires?

I like regular millionaires.

I also don't have a problem with the concept of billionaires themselves. I like them too.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 08:11:54 PM »

Then why do the self-proclaimed "scientists" make vaccinated people still wear masks? Defeats the point of taking the vaccine, no?

I have made quite clear that I'm against masks for the vaccinated. The met gala seems to have more sensible policies than most, on either end of this debate.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 08:13:33 PM »

I have made quite clear that I'm against masks for the vaccinated. The met gala seems to have more sensible policies than most, on either end of this debate.

I'm against masks period, but especially for the vaccinated.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »

Love that forum user "Free Thinker Thom" coincidentally just thinks whatever Daily Caller publishes on any given subject.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:47 PM »

What about the servers and cooks at the Gala? I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they are required to wear masks. This has been one of the lesser-talked aspects about mask mandates. Yes, Democratic politicians often wear masks in public-as they did at the 9/11 Ground Zero ceremony over the weekend, and as they do within Congress. But there seems to have been a number of functions held where staff and servers are masked, but attendees are not. And of course, there are many businesses (such as my job), where all employees must wear a mask, but customers can be maskless to their heart's content.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 08:33:17 PM »

Love that forum user "Free Thinker Thom" coincidentally just thinks whatever Daily Caller publishes on any given subject.

It's Free Thinker Tom Rice, not Thom Tillis (who I've actually worked for in real life, lol).

I also find the hypocrisy of her dress to be pretty obvious regardless of whatever the Daily Caller or Daily Wire believes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 08:33:33 PM »

A lot of rich people want to be taxed. A lot of poors like not having insurance. Then there’s this bulldog at the park that likes to be humped by all the other dogs. It’s not just about you.

What I've bolded is all true. Many wealthy individuals, such as Bill Gates, have for years said that they want their taxes to be raised, and have pledged to giveaway most of their wealth.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2021, 08:36:04 PM »

Amazed that people think AOC didn't know what she was doing by wearing this dress to the Met Gala. Do you think she didn't know?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2021, 08:37:56 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2021, 08:41:17 PM »

Quote from: Warren Buffett
If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper-middle class should even probably be cut further. But I think that people at the high end - people like myself - should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2021, 08:41:52 PM »

You guys mind if I turn the thirst temp down to 65 or so in here?

Anyway yeah, it's pretty obvious what she was doing. I'm surprised it took until page 2 for someone to get it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2021, 08:49:38 PM »

Btw Nicki is a pro mask anti vaxxer, for those of you who said they didn't exist
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies