Supreme Court to resume in-person oral arguments, continue live audio feed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:34:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Supreme Court to resume in-person oral arguments, continue live audio feed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supreme Court to resume in-person oral arguments, continue live audio feed  (Read 209 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:31:14 PM »

Press release from the Supreme Court:
The Court will hear all oral arguments scheduled for the October, November, and December sessions in the Courtroom. Courtroom access will be limited to the Justices, essential Court personnel, counsel in the scheduled cases, and journalists with full-time press credentials issued by the Supreme Court. Out of concern for the health and safety of the public and Supreme Court employees, the Courtroom sessions will not be open to the public. The Court will continue to closely monitor public health guidance in determining plans.

The Court anticipates providing a live audio feed of the October, November, and December oral arguments. Additional details regarding the live audio feed will be provided in the coming weeks.

The Court building remains open for official business only and closed to the public until further notice.

Not surprising, but the Supreme Court will resume in-personal oral arguments when the new term starts. They're also going to continue the live audio feed. They seem to be taking it a few months at a time. I'm really hoping they'll make the live audio feed permanent (even a short time delay to account for potential outbursts would be acceptable). I can see the pros and cons of televising oral arguments, but I don't see any negatives of a live audio feed with a short time delay. I took the opportunity myself to listen to some cases of interest last term and the previous term with the live feed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies