SB 105-01: Victory of the People Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:47:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 105-01: Victory of the People Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 105-01: Victory of the People Act (Passed)  (Read 3840 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 11, 2021, 05:24:27 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:59 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2021, 11:29:13 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

This is an unconstitutional diversion from the proper procedures by which the constitution must and should not be amended. The history of the world over, is filled with so called "revolutionaries" who divert from the standard norms of procedure for the sake of achieving their "vision" and almost invariably these examples of led to mass violence, terror and the people endorsing the rise of the first strong man on a horse promising to come in and restore order after said events.

This also encompasses and I would be remiss not to point out the dangerous seizure of power for the sake of the legislative branch at the expense of the executive and judicial, the expense of the regions and of course most of all at the expense of the people by bypassing the standard processes for amending the governing document that is the constitution.

This radical dive towards totalitarian dystopia must be tabled.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 05:31:43 PM »

Nay

This bill can definitely be saved, come on guys! Just get rid of sections 2 and 3; the rest of the bill is fine. Is it a far left bill? Absolutely, but that's no reason to table it. Let's nationalize everything, but legally Tongue

This kind of economic centralism is unacceptable as it deprives the economy of choice and opts to replace private sector monopolies with a government one backed by the guns of government jackboots.

Our objective in the economy should be to avoid monopolization from either direction and empower small business and co-opts to compete with and win market share away from the mult-nationals and international monopolists.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 11:27:45 AM »

But it’s not even 12 AM ET yet and I thought we have until then

I think what he is saying is more than one-third of the total Senate had already voted to not table by that point.

Ok that makes sense

In precise terms, 7 Senators (6 Nays + 1 abstention, 39%) have not voted to table. Therefore, the motion is defeated.

Tabling motions always put burden on those seeking the tabling vote and for good reason at that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »

I support Section 3, but my opposition to public sector unions leads me to oppose Section 2. I am not sure what section 4 does that isn't handled elsewhere already (execution???) or at least the means for handing it are already existing in other legislation (minimum wage law)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies