SB 105-01: Victory of the People Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:44:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 105-01: Victory of the People Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: SB 105-01: Victory of the People Act (Passed)  (Read 3784 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2021, 06:41:54 PM »
« edited: November 15, 2021, 04:20:03 PM by President Scott☀️ »

AN ACT
To facilitate the people’s revolution
And complete their victory over capital
Be it enacted by the Senate and the People of the Republic of Atlasia:
SECTION 1. Title.
1. The title of this act shall be the Victory of the People Act.
SECTION 2. Transition of power.
1. Immediately upon passage of this act, the Republic of Atlasia organized under the fifth constitution thereof shall cease to exist.
2. At the moment of its dissolution, it will be succeeded by a People’s Republic representing the farmers and the working people of the nation.
3. The annual meeting shall be the highest authority of the People’s Republic. One-half the deputies shall be appointed by the workers’ councils and various trade unions, and the other half by the regional councils.
4. As the People’s Republic is established in each region of the former federative republic, the people will organize themselves into farmers’ and workers’ councils according to their trade, alongside the existing unions, and will also constitute regional councils or monthly meetings to represent the common interests of all workers.
5. The annual meeting shall appoint the executive council to attend to the obligations of the government and exercise the authority of the People’s Republic in their absence.
6. The right to participate in democracy and government shall be limited to members of the Communist party and independent guests.
SECTION 3. Ownership of the means of production.
1. Ownership of all private corporations valued at over $100,000 shall transfer to a board of directors chosen by and from the workers employed by that corporation, and all the wealth generated by these corporations shall be shared equally among the workers according to their contribution in hours.
2. Henceforward corporate governors shall be bound by the same restrictions with regard to human rights as the state, including specifically the prohibition against making or enforcing any rule or regulation abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the workers to peaceably assemble and petition the management for a redress of grievances.
SECTION 4. Nationalization.
1. All railways are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Railway Authority.
2. All steel manufacturers are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.
3. All fuel and power companies shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Energy Authority.
4. All financial and lending institutions shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Monetary Authority.
5. All institutions of higher education shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian University System.
6. Each of these authorities, and such others as may be established by the People’s Republic for major industries, shall be organized federatively with governing boards in each region composed of an equal number of directors appointed by the regional council and the workers’ councils and trade unions. These regional boards will answer to the federal authority of the People’s Republic, one-third the members of which will be appointed by the regional councils, one-third by the annual meeting, and one-third by the workers’ councils and trade unions.
SECTION 5. Rights.
1. We adopt the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen without reservation, and add the right to organize, the right to food and shelter, the right to care in sickness and in old age, the right to employment, and the right to peace.
2. No worker shall suffer execution or life imprisonment without parole.
3. No worker shall be deprived of the fruits of their labor.
4. No worker shall be denied equal protection of the law on account of race, sex, gender, religion, or nation of origin.
SECTION 6. Emblems.
1. The flag of the People’s Republic shall be a red field with three gold stars in the upper canton to represent the three regions.
2. The anthem of the People’s Republic shall be the Internationale.
3. The motto of the People’s Republic shall be “workers of the world, unite!”
4. The seal of the People’s Republic shall be a crossed hammer and sickle with three stars to represent the three regions, with the words “People’s Republic of Atlasia” across the top, and the motto across the bottom.
SECTION 7. Peace and Freedom.
1. The people of each city and region will be allowed to go about their lives in peace, and no coercive force applied, where threat of violence is not first offered. If there be any who would still adhere to the old constitution, let them stand unmolested, as testament to the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated while reason is left free to combat it. We ask no tribute which is not given freely, we enlist no conscript nor solicit begrudging loyalty. We trust to arms only for our own defense, and otherwise trust to fate and history to vindicate our cause and complete the victory of the people.
Sponsor: FalterinArc

The gentleman from Washington is recognized.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 05:15:37 PM »

Mr President.

For too long the people of Atlasia have lived under oppression. This is the most sickly kind of oppression known to man, this is the economic system known as capitalism. In such a system, there is no regard for the welfare of the human family. There is no opportunity to break bread in brotherhood as a United species. Instead the warmongers and landowners bleed the proletariat dry to serve the purposes of their mercantile war machine. However, we have a chance to put an end to this vicious cycle. Trust in this bill, and we can bring about a new world, not only for Atlasia but for all of planet Earth. Look at my region of Frèmont, we have moved past the need for contested elections, passed the need for partisan bickering. If we follow this example, and take it even further, we can create heaven on Earth. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

Working Men of All Countries, Unite!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 05:24:09 PM »

I would like to inquire upon the member of the government who has brought this bill to the floor?: Why would we bring about the abolition of a market economy, when this government has worked to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor? Why wouldn't we implement further social spending to reduce that gap? I would support measures to reduce inequality in this nation, but I am afraid to say that this bill would do little do that and would bring about an economic system, which we have seen fail in much of the world.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 05:59:08 PM »

This is a dumb bill that I would rather us not waste our time on.

Motioning to table.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 06:11:46 PM »

I second the motion.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 06:36:57 PM »

It is so predictable the reactionary forces would seek to suppress the people of this country further. Well I tell you this comrades, we shall not cower in the face of opposition. We will fight these attempts to stifle the revolution tooth and nail. I object to these motions to table.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 06:37:25 PM »

With two members having motioned to table, a vote on the motion is now open. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »

Meme bills are so played out, guys.

Aye
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »

This is no meme.

NAY!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 06:45:16 PM »

Aye
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 06:50:14 PM »

Nay
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 06:52:03 PM »

For procedural reasons, I should have just blocked the bill, because obviously any bill that seeks to repeal or replace the Constitution is unconstitutional on its face, unless obviously it in itself is a resolution to amend the Constitution. I know this isn't a serious proposal but I don't like blocking bills, although there has been a lot of frivolous and unconstitutional crap being submitted. I suppose it's to be expected given the malaise.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 06:52:54 PM »

Nay
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »

abstain
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »

Motion to Table
Aye
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 07:14:36 PM »

Aye
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 07:21:54 PM »

I, FalterinArc, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Sub Regional Senator of the Pacific, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave, Virginia and their prophet; MR. KAYNE WEST.

For too long the people of Atlasia have lived under oppression... Trust in this bill, and we can bring about a new world, not only for Atlasia but for all of planet Earth. Look at my region of Frèmont, we have moved past the need for contested elections, passed the need for partisan bickering. If we follow this example, and take it even further, we can create heaven on Earth. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

Working Men of All Countries, Unite!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 08:02:30 PM »

Nay
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 08:03:49 PM »

NAY
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 08:30:59 PM »

AYE
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 08:32:06 PM »

Good to see that the Atlasian bureaucratic class is currently suppressing the forces of change and accusing the calls by the people to have change to be "memes". I would like to note the words of reactionary traitor Weatherboy, who called this bill that will help many Atlasians a "dumb bill that I would rather us not waste our time on", and this clearly shows that the Atlasian bureaucratic class is clearly resisting the calls for change by the ordinary Atlasian that the ruling class ignores due to their elitism.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 09:59:18 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2021, 06:27:58 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

While I am in support of the people making decisions based on who is in office, this bill is blatantly unconstitutional. Aye.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 10:29:08 PM »

While I am in support of the people making decisions based on who is in office, this bill is blatantly unconstitutional. Nay.

This vote is on the motion to table.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 11:00:00 PM »

Aye
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2021, 06:21:31 AM »

Nay

This bill can definitely be saved, come on guys! Just get rid of sections 2 and 3; the rest of the bill is fine. Is it a far left bill? Absolutely, but that's no reason to table it. Let's nationalize everything, but legally Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies