September 2021 Peace Party Emergency Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:37:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  September 2021 Peace Party Emergency Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: September 2021 Peace Party Emergency Convention  (Read 1161 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2021, 08:42:51 PM »

I'm not gonna bother with the extravagance. Our chair left the party and our vice chair fell off the rolls, so I'm stepping up to serve as acting chair until a permanent chair can be elected. As it is, I'm running for Chair on a single-issue campaign on invoking a motion to dissolve the party. We had a good run, but considering everything, I don't see the point of staying a party anymore. Nomination period ends at midnight EDT on September 10.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 08:50:06 PM »

If there is to be no more Peace Party, I encourage all our friends to join the party of peace, which is the Communist party!
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »

It was a good run, hopefully some day Pax may return to glory.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »

I will be running for Chair on a platform of keeping the party alive.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 10:43:46 AM »

strong platform there Tongue
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 11:24:33 AM »

If you do run for it, you have to reregister as you are currently deregistered.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 05:22:57 PM »

As one of the first people who joined the party, I feel like I ought to have a say in this, and obviously I've been long of the opinion that Pax has served its purpose. Siren nobly started this party to support a swift end to the Second Korean War, and now that the nation is no longer at war, its policies are not fundamentally different from Labor. I will temporarily re-register to support Peebs' bid so that we can formally conclude the party's mission.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »

I endorse Spiral for chair. Also if the party "dissolves" I'll just re-register as Peace Party anyway, so if you want to join another party you may as well just do it without forcing me out of my party ID of choice Smiley
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 11:51:48 AM »

If the party "dissolves" I'll just re-register as Peace Party anyway
Honestly, go ahead. If people want the party to stick around, I won't object; the only reason I want to dissolve the party anyway is because there's no point of a so-called "major party" if there's no brass to lead it, even if only in name. I'd say the same thing of Labor if Vice Chair (and I suppose acting Chair now) KaiserDave were to join another party, with Chair OBD and General Secretary FalterinArc having joined the Communist Party. Only problem is, Labor is much larger and thus has a much larger "If it dissolves again I'll re-reg again" base. I know you probably (more like definitely, but who's counting?) hate me now, and I don't blame you, but I feel like if you can't even keep your leadership in the party, your party doesn't have much point.
(Also, if anybody wants to run for Vice Chair, speak now or forever hold your... well, you know)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »

Endorsed.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 09:06:36 PM »

Should Spiral win the leadership election, I do hope that the Peace Party revives and becomes an active party again.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 06:29:04 PM »

Should Spiral win the leadership election, I do hope that the Peace Party revives and becomes an active party again.
This, too. If we're going to continue existing, we should have a purpose for existing. If Spiral can prove to me that he can make this party active again, I'll gladly drop my bid.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »

And I also hope Spiral, and people supporting his bid, have a case for what Peace has that Labor doesn't. Non-interventionism and environmentalism have as much support in Labor as they do in Peace. I just don't see what this party is accomplishing as a separate group with the same goals.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 10:54:34 PM »

Making a last-minute declaration for Vice-Chair on a platform of pushing Spiral to actually do something with the party, since nobody else has run and there are only five minutes left to declare.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 11:00:18 PM »

Dread it, run from it, the Spiralslide arrives all the same. Voting ends midnight EDT September 13.

CHAIR
[  ] Peebs
[  ] Spiral
[  ] Write-in: ___________

VICE CHAIR
[  ] Peebs
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 11:08:30 PM »

CHAIR
[2] Peebs
[3] Spiral
[1] Write-in: Someone who'll actually stay in the party and not fall off the rolls, maybe even do something with the party besides take up space on the voter rolls

VICE CHAIR
[3] Peebs
[1] Write-in: Someone who'll actually stay in the party and not fall off the rolls, maybe even do something with the party besides take up space on the voter rolls
[2] Write-in: Spiral
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 11:59:04 PM »

CHAIR
[X] Peebs
[  ] Spiral

VICE CHAIR
[X] Peebs
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 12:01:28 AM »

And I also hope Spiral, and people supporting his bid, have a case for what Peace has that Labor doesn't. Non-interventionism and environmentalism have as much support in Labor as they do in Peace. I just don't see what this party is accomplishing as a separate group with the same goals.

Some thoughts on this:

1) Platforms are platforms, but they haven't always translated into action. Siren made a bold stance with her early statements and votes on the Second Korean War, all of which I joined side-by-side with her back in the Senate then. We were among the minority on those issues while under pressure from the administration on key votes. Labor alone did not offer as much pushback. Depending on whom you ask, Federalists could say that they support non-interventionism and environmentalism as well. In my opinion, Peace excels best at being a voice of constructive resistance within government. Our members have taken real stands against the consensus when it has mattered, and I hope to help continue this legacy.

2) Parties in Atlasia differ in culture, and you and I would agree that Peace lives up to its name within our ranks especially compared to the others. This is a low-maintenance, welcoming environment free of the bureaucracy and drama that plagues the major parties. I can also speak to this personally as a recently disengaged and unintentionally deregistered voter. I'm too old for the bullsh**t you see on Discord and whatnot, but I do care for this fine group of folks and for the issues that impact Atlasians. There are a number of voters out there who are attracted to our message and symbolism, and it is one well earned after several years of existence.

3) Politics is all about cleavages, and we represent our slice of the voting public to go back to earlier themes. There is power to be had in the hands of a few even when compared to a massive institution such as Labor. Peace can swing elections at the margins, and we have the right to be heard and represented even if we do not come out first in a race. This is to say that our votes are not to be taken for granted. By standing together as a party and not willingly absorbing into the blob, we keep leverage that is otherwise diluted.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 12:34:54 AM »

CHAIR
[2] Peebs
[1] Spiral

VICE CHAIR
[1] Peebs
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 01:30:45 AM »

I do have to admit that the prospect of war with China tempts me to stick with Peace, if diplomatic strategies are exhausted and the administration and the Senate chooses to spend trillions of taxpayer dollars for another war, when we still don't have a clear picture of where we are with respect to Iraq or Afghanistan. Hopefully this does not happen. I am open to sanctions, but I will never vote for war, whether as a member of Peace or as a member of Labor.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2021, 09:00:54 AM »

Chair Spiral

VC Peebs
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2021, 10:47:25 PM »

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2021, 11:00:01 PM »

Chair: 3 Spiral, 1 Peebs, 1 "Someone who'll actually stay [...] on the voter rolls"

Vice Chair: 4 Peebs, 1 "Someone who'll actually stay [...] on the voter rolls"

Chairman Spiral can take it from here. Hope we can actually do something besides take up space on the voter rolls.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2021, 01:27:46 PM »

I'm a little early, but here we are again. It's always such a pleasure. With our chair having missed both of the elections since his return to the game for election as Peace Chair, I'll ask our membership once again: is there any reason this party should have more than three members or can I move to blow it up? I kinda want to tie up this loose end. My fellow Peaceniks, you have 48 hours to respond.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2021, 02:17:11 PM »

You should endorse the Patriot Party, we oppose fighting in overseas conflicts and support the decriminalization of drug use.  How much more based and hippy pilled can you get than that.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies