Which famous actors do you think voted for or supported Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:10:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Which famous actors do you think voted for or supported Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which famous actors do you think voted for or supported Trump?  (Read 3483 times)
thebeloitmoderate
Mexico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2021, 12:47:58 PM »

Rose McGowan is the only Clinton-Trump celebrity and David Cross who voted for Trump back in 2016 but now voted for Biden and regrets his vote for Trump
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »

Clint Eastwood would be another, although he's been more notable as a director than as an actor in recent decades. But as you can see, not that many actors supported Trump. Hollywood is an overwhelmingly liberal and Democratic industry in the modern era, although that wasn't always the case. During the Golden Age of Hollywood, a much greater number of actors, directors, producers, studio executives, and others in the industry were Republicans or leaned conservative. After all, this is the industry from which Ronald Reagan emerged.
I believe Clint Eastwood is a Never Trumper, who is now a registered Libertarian
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2021, 06:34:40 PM »

Clint Eastwood would be another, although he's been more notable as a director than as an actor in recent decades. But as you can see, not that many actors supported Trump. Hollywood is an overwhelmingly liberal and Democratic industry in the modern era, although that wasn't always the case. During the Golden Age of Hollywood, a much greater number of actors, directors, producers, studio executives, and others in the industry were Republicans or leaned conservative. After all, this is the industry from which Ronald Reagan emerged.
I believe Clint Eastwood is a Never Trumper, who is now a registered Libertarian

Progressive Pessimist told me earlier about Eastwood's wariness towards Trump, although not about his Libertarianism.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2021, 06:48:29 PM »

I am sure Gary Sinise wrote in some Republican and Tom Selleck the same thing.......

Selleck wrote in Black police chief David Brown in 2016, he said that on ABC's The View that year, so he probably wrote in someone of his liking

Both Sinise and Selleck are never Trumpers, but they surely pulled the lever for Reagan/Bush/Dole/Bush/McCain/Romney.....

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »

Rose McGowan is the only Clinton-Trump celebrity and David Cross who voted for Trump back in 2016 but now voted for Biden and regrets his vote for Trump

WHAT!? No way! I am honestly shocked by that.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 08:25:31 PM »

David Cross did not vote for Trump btw
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2021, 08:26:21 PM »

David Cross did not vote for Trump btw

I figured he wouldn't. That's why it would be so astonishing if he did.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2021, 07:17:58 PM »

Tim Allen
Flyersfan232

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2021, 12:42:16 AM »

Adam Carola, Norm Macdonald. 

Definitely not the best of Hollywood crew.
Norm was one of the best
Flyersfan232

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2021, 01:05:59 AM »

James Woods, Scott Baio, Roseanne Barr were some.

And they're not actors, but Kid Rock and especially Ted Nugent are vocal Trump supporters.

I think Chris Pratt is personally conservative, but I'm not sure if he actually voted for Trump. I remember back in October, a bunch of Avengers stars did a Zoom fundraiser for Biden and people assumed Pratt was a Trump supporter because he didn't participate.

I can see Pratt as a silent trump supporter
Flyersfan232

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2021, 01:10:30 AM »

The pretty obvious ones have already been said, but here are some others:

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.
-Antonio Sabato Jr., who actually ran for Congress in 2018 in California, and obviously lost easily.
-Ricky Schroder gave an online donation Kyle Rittenhouse' defense. That's a pretty clear indication of his politics.
-And apparently both Mary Hart and John Tesh from 'Entertainment Tonight' have (or had) Parler accounts.

Eastwood supported Bloomberg in the Democratic Primary though. He is historically a right-leaning celebrity, but potentially one with more standards.

I didn't know this until now, and I find this to be interesting.

He isn't alone either. Gary Sinise, Mickey Rourke, and Montel Williams were somewhat prominent Republican celebrities but they too apparently dislike Trump and his style of politics in spite of being right-leaning.
could have did so cause of how liberal Hollywood is
Flyersfan232

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2021, 01:12:06 AM »

wasn’t he pro trump for a while
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2021, 11:18:33 AM »

In 2016, he endorsed Trump, but between then and now he became a never Trumper who endorsed Bloomberg for president in 2020. In the aftermath of 1/6, he switched his affiliation to Libertarian.
thebeloitmoderate
Mexico

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2021, 01:03:52 PM »

Rose McGowan vehemently hates both parties that's why she did not voted in 2020
Asta

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2021, 01:20:37 PM »

And they're not actors, but Kid Rock and especially Ted Nugent are vocal Trump supporters.

I think Chris Pratt is personally conservative, but I'm not sure if he actually voted for Trump. I remember back in October, a bunch of Avengers stars did a Zoom fundraiser for Biden and people assumed Pratt was a Trump supporter because he didn't participate.

He donated to Obama in 2008 and 2012. Not showing up to fundraiser doesn't proves much.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=christopher+pratt
https://web.archive.org/web/20120831192115/http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/31298734/detail.html
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »

In 2016, he endorsed Trump, but between then and now he became a never Trumper who endorsed Bloomberg for president in 2020. In the aftermath of 1/6, he switched his affiliation to Libertarian.

Eastwood had been registered Libertarian long before 1/6, he officially registered with the party in 2008, and has quite consistently identified as a libertarian since at least 1997
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2021, 10:49:30 PM »

Bruce Willis Huh?
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2021, 03:05:54 AM »

Kirstie Alley
Victoria Jackson
Joey Lawrence
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2021, 10:37:36 AM »

He's actually cooperated with Biden in the past on combatting stigmas that surround stuttering, compared to Trump, whom I recall Willis willingly mocking on one of the late-night shows, so I'd presume that Willis was actually a Biden voter.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2021, 10:41:32 AM »

He donated to Obama in 2008 and 2012. Not showing up to fundraiser doesn't proves much.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120831192115/http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/31298734/detail.html

He probably is a right wing Democrat or some conservadem.....
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2021, 01:38:14 AM »

So maybe like a midwestern type dem? Like the midwestern Gore/Kerry/Obama/Trump voters?
Asta

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2021, 09:16:35 AM »

He probably is a right wing Democrat or some conservadem.....

So maybe like a midwestern type dem? Like the midwestern Gore/Kerry/Obama/Trump voters?

He regularly attends church and is known to like guns so he's probably not a women empowerment, BLM diehard liberal, but I don't see anywhere he supports conservative values.

Even if he doesn't support Biden, that doesn't mean he supports Trump. We have these kinds of non-voters and 3rd party voters even in Atlas. Why must it be binary?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2021, 01:23:19 AM »

He could be. FWIW, he follows a whole bunch of conservative/Republican accounts on Instagram. Including Madison Cawthorn, Ben Shapiro, Dan Crenshaw and TPUSA, among others. That's why I think he leans to the right.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies