Which famous actors do you think voted for or supported Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:38:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Which famous actors do you think voted for or supported Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which famous actors do you think voted for or supported Trump?  (Read 3485 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2021, 04:42:51 AM »

Title
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 01:05:46 PM »

James Woods, Scott Baio, Roseanne Barr were some.

And they're not actors, but Kid Rock and especially Ted Nugent are vocal Trump supporters.

I think Chris Pratt is personally conservative, but I'm not sure if he actually voted for Trump. I remember back in October, a bunch of Avengers stars did a Zoom fundraiser for Biden and people assumed Pratt was a Trump supporter because he didn't participate.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 01:39:34 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_2020_presidential_campaign_non-political_endorsements#Actors_and_actresses

Also not an actor but didn't realize until now that Mike Love from the Beach Boys supported Trump. Pretty sure the rest of the band are democrats?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 09:14:27 PM »

Adam Carola, Norm Macdonald. 

Definitely not the best of Hollywood crew.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »

Chuck Norris for sure.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 10:17:21 PM »

Clint Eastwood would be another, although he's been more notable as a director than as an actor in recent decades. But as you can see, not that many actors supported Trump. Hollywood is an overwhelmingly liberal and Democratic industry in the modern era, although that wasn't always the case. During the Golden Age of Hollywood, a much greater number of actors, directors, producers, studio executives, and others in the industry were Republicans or leaned conservative. After all, this is the industry from which Ronald Reagan emerged.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 05:27:34 PM »

Here's another. Not sure how famous she really is, but Caroline Sunshine (yes, that is her real name), who starred with Zendaya on the Disney Channel show Shake It Up, worked as a staffer in the Trump White House.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/28/597709424/former-disney-star-caroline-sunshine-joins-the-trump-white-house
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 08:29:10 PM »

Jon Voigt
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 08:59:27 PM »

Mel Gibson & Tim Allen definitely did so too.

I think Chris Pratt is personally conservative, but I'm not sure if he actually voted for Trump. I remember back in October, a bunch of Avengers stars did a Zoom fundraiser for Biden and people assumed Pratt was a Trump supporter because he didn't participate.

Pratt was an Obama donor in 2012 & although he avoided any mention whatsoever in regards to whom he was directly supporting in 2020, he vehemently urged his fan-base to read an Op-Ed by his father-in-law, Arnold, that he fully agreed with in saying that our future lies in actual patriotism rather than any subscription to "stupid party lines," so that's a clue.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 07:25:36 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_2020_presidential_campaign_non-political_endorsements#Actors_and_actresses

Also not an actor but didn't realize until now that Mike Love from the Beach Boys supported Trump. Pretty sure the rest of the band are democrats?

Not sure about the politics of the group as a whole, but I think they performed for Reagan.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 01:37:47 PM »

Jerry Lewis died in 2017 but likely voted for Trump in 2016. Adam Sandler has given money to Republicans in the past and generally kept quiet about his political views but I think it's likely he voted for Trump. Probably Sylvester Stallone, possibly Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 05:08:38 PM »

The pretty obvious ones have already been said, but here are some others:

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.
-Antonio Sabato Jr., who actually ran for Congress in 2018 in California, and obviously lost easily.
-Ricky Schroder gave an online donation Kyle Rittenhouse' defense. That's a pretty clear indication of his politics.
-And apparently both Mary Hart and John Tesh from 'Entertainment Tonight' have (or had) Parler accounts.

Clint Eastwood would be another, although he's been more notable as a director than as an actor in recent decades. But as you can see, not that many actors supported Trump. Hollywood is an overwhelmingly liberal and Democratic industry in the modern era, although that wasn't always the case. During the Golden Age of Hollywood, a much greater number of actors, directors, producers, studio executives, and others in the industry were Republicans or leaned conservative. After all, this is the industry from which Ronald Reagan emerged.

Eastwood supported Bloomberg in the Democratic Primary though. He is historically a right-leaning celebrity, but potentially one with more standards.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 11:49:27 PM »

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.
-Antonio Sabato Jr., who actually ran for Congress in 2018 in California, and obviously lost easily.
-Ricky Schroder gave an online donation Kyle Rittenhouse' defense. That's a pretty clear indication of his politics.
-And apparently both Mary Hart and John Tesh from 'Entertainment Tonight' have (or had) Parler accounts.

Eastwood supported Bloomberg in the Democratic Primary though. He is historically a right-leaning celebrity, but potentially one with more standards.

I didn't know this until now, and I find this to be interesting.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 11:54:29 PM »

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.

Eastwood's latest movie "Cry Macho" also seems to be a negative commentary on a key element of Trump's style in society at large. I have only seen advertisements for it, but that is a big take away that I got from it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.

He isn't alone either. Gary Sinise, Mickey Rourke, and Montel Williams were somewhat prominent Republican celebrities but they too apparently dislike Trump and his style of politics in spite of being right-leaning.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 07:53:25 PM »

Jerry Lewis died in 2017 but likely voted for Trump in 2016. Adam Sandler has given money to Republicans in the past and generally kept quiet about his political views but I think it's likely he voted for Trump. Probably Sylvester Stallone, possibly Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Idk about that, he was very comfortable with roasting Trump's ass when he hosted SNL.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 08:48:28 PM »

Idk about that, he was very comfortable with roasting Trump's ass when he hosted SNL.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2021, 07:40:08 PM »

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.

He isn't alone either. Gary Sinise, Mickey Rourke, and Montel Williams were somewhat prominent Republican celebrities but they too apparently dislike Trump and his style of politics in spite of being right-leaning.

I had no idea that Montel Williams is a Republican. My stepmother (who follows celebrity news much more than I do), told me that he dated Kamala Harris many years ago. From what I remember seeing of his talk show, which went off the air well over a decade ago, he didn't seem to give that kind of impression. But your post suggests that Hollywood celebrities, just like other segments of the wealthy, have trended even more Democratic during the Trump Era. This of course, is a group which was already powerfully Democratic before Trump became President.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »

Kirstie Alley, if she counts as famous
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2021, 06:18:10 PM »

-Kelsey Grammer.
-Stacey Dash.

I had no idea that Montel Williams is a Republican. My stepmother (who follows celebrity news much more than I do), told me that he dated Kamala Harris many years ago. From what I remember seeing of his talk show, which went off the air well over a decade ago, he didn't seem to give that kind of impression. But your post suggests that Hollywood celebrities, just like other segments of the wealthy, have trended even more Democratic during the Trump Era. This of course, is a group which was already powerfully Democratic before Trump became President.

I don't know how much of a Republican Montel Williams was, or how often he voted for the party. But I remember during the New York GOP primary he prominently endorsed John Kasich. I even remember him being interviewed about it on MSNBC.

And in 2020, due to his history with Harris, he seemed to have positive feelings towards her being on a ticket with Biden, from what I gathered. I don't necessarily know that he voted for pr endorsed them for sure, but I can't see any Trump supporter talking like that about her.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 10:47:16 AM »

If dead people voted: Walter Brennan, John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 11:38:10 AM »

Here's another. Not sure how famous she really is, but Caroline Sunshine (yes, that is her real name), who starred with Zendaya on the Disney Channel show Shake It Up, worked as a staffer in the Trump White House.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/28/597709424/former-disney-star-caroline-sunshine-joins-the-trump-white-house

Trump really has a thing for hiring attractive women to work in the White House. Hope Hicks and Caroline Sunshine are two examples of this fact.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2021, 11:52:10 AM »

Kevin Sorbo
David AR White

And pretty much anybody who was in any of the God's Not Dead movies. Although Melissa Joan Hart apparently voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and got the COVID vaccine, so hard to say for her.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »

Randy Quaid.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2021, 06:56:56 PM »

The Duck Dynasty cast (Phil, Willie, Si, Jase, and co.). I liked their show at one point.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies