Zogby Interactive polls: Ford, McCaskill, and Webb all trail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:06:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Zogby Interactive polls: Ford, McCaskill, and Webb all trail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Zogby Interactive polls: Ford, McCaskill, and Webb all trail  (Read 3042 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 04:37:50 PM »

I didn't say you said he was ahead, but you the one who goes by Dem skewed polls not me. The poll in Va corresponds to the polls and the polls in every state corresponds to the polls. Again, I said I never got my hopes up after I saw that VA, you did that is the difference. And no polls has Ford ahead except a Survey USa poll that was skewed. No poll has Allen up so I will go by it. The difference in Zogby in 2004 was that it was a liberal bias not a conservative bias.

I never said any of the stuff you are saying I said and so far you have shown absolutley no proof of it. Where are these Dem-skewed polls I went by? You aren't making any sense.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 04:39:38 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2006, 04:41:12 PM by Quincy »

The Benenson group poll that had Ford ahead, the Dem skewed poll that had Ford ahead in Survey USA which was disputed by Rasmussen that showed Ford trailing. I am not saying you shouldn't go by it, but you should go by other polls that you don't agree with instead of taking only the polls you like. And to get your hopes up is to me the same thing as going by the poll, I never got my hopes up after that Zogby poll in that Sept edition.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 04:45:43 PM »

The Benenson group poll that had Ford ahead, the Dem skewed poll that had Ford ahead in Survey USA which was disputed by Rasmussen that showed Ford trailing. I am not saying you shouldn't go by it, but you should go by other polls that you don't agree with instead of taking only the polls you like.

I have gone by tons of polls I don't agree with. I don't remember getting excited over Fords internal poll and the Ras. poll where Ford was "trailing" had him down 1 point. That is statistically the same as the SUSA poll that had him up 3. Do you see me not agreeing with AZ, NV or really even NJ polls that have Dems. down? I have no clue what you are getting at.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2006, 04:54:58 PM by Quincy »

I am saying that you shouldn't get your hopes up on polls that agree with you or polls that disagree with you, you should wait and calm down and see where the election is headed before you assume anything, and its in the bag for the Dems to takeover the senate, which I heard you repeadly say in these threads. Saying that Va will be our 6th seat to begin with.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2006, 05:05:58 PM by Eraserhead »

I am saying that you shouldn't get your hopes up on polls that agree with you or polls that disagree with you, you should wait and calm down and see where the election is headed before you assume anything, and its in the bag for the Dems to takeover the senate, which I heard you repeadly say in these threads. Saying that Va will be our 6th seat to begin with.

LOL I said that the Senate was in the bag for the Dems? Funny. Find one quote where I said that and I'll send you a check for a $1,000.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 05:04:27 PM »

Also I have said VA could be a 6th seat. I never said it would and in fact went out my way to say it wasn't too likely. I still expect Allen to win that race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 05:07:09 PM »

But you got your hopes up too soon, the Dems may very well take the senate, but it is going to be a slow gradual process and I don't think yet they have it. They have to campaign more  and then hope. But the chances of taking the senate is not as strong as in the house.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »

But you got your hopes up too soon, the Dems may very well take the senate, but it is going to be a slow gradual process and I don't think yet they have it. They have to campaign more  and then hope. But the chances of taking the senate is not as strong as in the house.

I know. Common knowledge.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 05:48:28 PM »

LOL I said that the Senate was in the bag for the Dems? Funny. Find one quote where I said that and I'll send you a check for a $1,000.

Heh.  You do know I have the power to edit your old posts, right? 

Quincy:  Feel like splitting a K?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »

Back to my last point, that I was saying not that he went by them but he was getting his hopes up too soon, and the chances of Dems taking back the senate isn't that strong.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 05:50:01 PM »

Heh.  You do know I have the power to edit your old posts, right? 

Quincy:  Feel like splitting a K?

Crap lol.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 05:50:52 PM »

Zogby Interactive = garbage
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 05:51:28 PM »

But agreeing on polls that show your candidate ahead and disagreeing with the ones you don't like isn't the way it suppose to be. That is what I was correctly pointing out.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 05:52:04 PM »

Back to my last point, that I was saying not that he went by them but he was getting his hopes up too soon, and the chances of Dems taking back the senate isn't that strong.

No I haven't. I have said what you just said several times. You still have no actual proof of any of this.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »

But agreeing on polls that show your candidate ahead and disagreeing with the ones you don't like isn't the way it suppose to be. That is what I was correctly pointing out.

I don't do that and you have still failed to demonstrate even one let alone multiple times where I have done that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 05:53:33 PM »

I said that you repeatedly said that the Dems will take the senate and you did say that the Dems are going to take the 6th seat in VA, that is plenty of proof. And not one poll that shows your candidates behind you agreed with in VA, or TN or MO. You say repeadely that in those three states when a different poll come out favoring the candidate I kew they were ahead.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 05:53:50 PM »

Tell Quincy that. I tried to.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »

I said that you repeatedly said that the Dems will take the senate and you did say that the Dems are going to take the 6th seat in VA, that is plenty of proof.

I never said that. Lets see that quote.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »

You did say you hoped the Dems would.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »

You did say you hoped the Dems would.

Do you understand the difference between hoping for something and saying it will happen? Its a pretty significant difference.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2006, 06:05:53 PM by Quincy »

The hopes of Dems are too high they need to wait and see where this election is going to go, there isn't a definate chance of the Dems taking back the senate, but coming close might be a definate chance.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 10:08:26 PM »

The hopes of Dems are too high they need to wait and see where this election is going to go, there isn't a definate chance of the Dems taking back the senate, but coming close might be a definate chance.

Good thing I never once said there was a definite chance.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 10:09:53 PM »

But you had hopes that the Dems were going to take the senate. Before this poll came out.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 10:13:57 PM »

But you had hopes that the Dems were going to take the senate. Before this poll came out.

Sigh...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:02 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2006, 10:47:20 PM by Quincy »

At any rate polls no matte if they favor Dems or Republicans and are snapshots in time, I think even Zogby polls deserves a chance to be listened to and see if they affirm or conflict with other polls, Iwouldn't dismiss them off hand yet, even if the mythology is messed  up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies